Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

The 5 stages of loss:Denial:"We will take it...after all the chances we had we deserve a break...Must suck to be a Buffalo fan to see the preview of whats going to happen to them in the first round....How does it feel Buffalo...??"Anger:"take that ****ing garfield and **** that ****ing cat **** faced ****...this is bull balls eating ****ing crap **** **** **** faced "Bargaining:"I think this game should be protested to the league..the referees were brutal..this is ****ed up..."Depression:"it might be funny...but me needing a new remote control and having a hole in the wall aint funnythis was the most devastating loss i have experienced...I am literally in shock and tears right now."Acceptance:Well...that's still pending.
:club:
  • Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough loss tonight, I think how the Leafs play tomorrow will determine where they finish the season.
Wrong. How they played tonight determined how they will finish this season......
I think this game should be protested to the league..the referees were brutal..this is ****ed up...I am almost positive the NHL has a conspiracy to put the Leafs out of the playoffs**** you NHL...**** you bettman..**** you refs..this is ****ing tragic.
serge buddy...I didn't see anything that would allow for protest. I feel bad for my buddy. When the score was 4-2 I guaranteed him that the Leafs would win only to look like a fool in less than 8 minutes. That was god awful and there's no excuse for giving up 4 unanswered goals in half a period.
serge buddy...I didn't see anything that would allow for protest. I feel bad for my buddy. When the score was 4-2 I guaranteed him that the Leafs would win only to look like a fool in less than 8 minutes. That was god awful and there's no excuse for giving up 4 unanswered goals in half a period.
We just had an impromptu team meeting ....The guys are all positive and we will come out strong...We are still in this race...We will win tonight...
We just had an impromptu team meeting ....The guys are all positive and we will come out strong...We are still in this race...We will win tonight...
It's too late Kyle Serge has now become a Habs fan. LEAFS ARE TOAST!!LOL
Gee whiz, Kyle, you must have had that impromptu meeting with yourself, 'cos I talked to someone and that wasn't HIS take on it.... :club:
Gee whiz, Kyle, you must have had that impromptu meeting with yourself, 'cos I talked to someone and that wasn't HIS take on it.... :club:
someone should make a poll. do you think more swearing came from serge or Maurice last night?
Like it matters, everyone else won.
I think it takes a lot of character coming back from one of the worst losses in team history..Its unfortunate that we played 5 and a half amazing periods agaisnt one of the top teams in the NHL and came up with just 2 pts..however we are still in this race and we basically hold our destiny...We can win out the rest of the schedule...Very positive game tonight.
I think it takes a lot of character coming back from one of the worst losses in team history..
That's some quality historical perspective.
I think it takes a lot of character coming back from one of the worst losses in team history..Its unfortunate that we played 5 and a half amazing periods agaisnt one of the top teams in the NHL and came up with just 2 pts..however we are still in this race and we basically hold our destiny...We can win out the rest of the schedule...Very positive game tonight.
Actually, you don't. Controlling your own destiny would mean if you win all your games, you're automatically in. But that ain't the case, rockbrains.... you need teams to lose... significantly... for you to get in.....

I think he's saying it still matters that they won - they still have a shot at the playoffs. If they had of lost they'd be in really rough shape.

I don't get the flame. Was Fubar wrong?
I didn't get it either. All the teams that Toronto's fighting with won. Maybe he quoted the wrong post?
Of course it matters that Toronto won. It matters EVEN MORE because everyone else won, not less. Because everyone else won, the Leafs HAD to win to keep pace. Saying it doesn't matter because the teams they're fighting with won is stupid unless they are mathematically eliminated with those wins by the other teams.
Of course it matters that Toronto won. It matters EVEN MORE because everyone else won, not less. Because everyone else won, the Leafs HAD to win to keep pace. Saying it doesn't matter because the teams they're fighting with won is stupid unless they are mathematically eliminated with those wins by the other teams.
It just seems like every time you think the Leafs are out they come back with a strong effort...Tomorrow against Carolina will be as close to a playoff game as you can get...I am positive they will come out for this one..The Sundin, Wellwood,Tucker,Kaberle and Mccabe PP unit is amazing and has been a huge difference.

I am so excited...It feels like a playoff night tonight...How huge are these games..Carolina at Toronto...New Jersey at IslesRangers at MontrealFlorida at Tampa BayIts going to feel like the opening night of the playoffs...lots of channel surfing...

I am so excited...It feels like a playoff night tonight...How huge are these games..Carolina at Toronto...New Jersey at IslesRangers at MontrealFlorida at Tampa BayIts going to feel like the opening night of the playoffs...lots of channel surfing...
Do you have the Centre-Ice package?
Why don't you use the multivu? Channel surfing made easy.
Rogers doesnt have that channel...Its only offered by Bell here....I did see it at a friends house and its not bad , but its too small.