**official Mma Thread**

I really didn't care for the first women-season. They weren't worse than the men, but the chance of an exciting finish never seemed to present itself. I think the men try to play it safe to stay healthy....most of the women just don't possess the talents to KO or submit. They're there to be tough, and try to slog it out, mixed with mediocre wrestling that dominates all of the girls that don't practice takedown defense. I can't remember the last TUF season I liked, but there was one anomaly stuck in the last couple years, and aside from that, it's been pretty mediocre for...3 years?

I also don't have the time I used to, and run a few days behind on the shows I do watch, so all those factors (one being watching a season's worth of female fights) add up to me not watching.

If there ends up being a lot of finishes, or just a good knockout artist, or just someone that can attempt legitimate submissions, let me know. I'll tune in eventually.

I think the Uriah Hall season was the last one I liked. And almost solely because of him, even though he's a headcase to the point where he may never succeed fully because of it. But just watching that potential, mixed with a nuclear attitude, was good television. I don't think I've liked another season of TUF in the year before or after that one.

You might want to tune in this season.

2_Rose_Namajunas_vs._Kathina_Catron_2.gif

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Anyone else watch Beltran v Newton?

Great, great fight. Newton just has more tools but it reaffirmed why I've always been a Beltran fan (even though he got k'd completely tfo and he's 3-7-1 since 2011)

Made a bit back on Arlovski but will still most likely close the year down, barring a huge run and some reckless bets.

Beltran.Newton was a gas fest, Newton would be very interesting if he had gas and possibly UFC caliber but until he gets that under control, its a leak. He is essentially undefeated since 2010 (the Vegh splitter was Sanchez/Pearson'esque in its awfulness) so the numbers are there but he hasn't fought anyone that looked like they belonged in the big show. My guess is he's low level UFC gatekeeper level right now (@ HW). A Matt Mitrione type.At LHW, he's a poor-mans DC.

I wouldn't ever expect Newton to be in the UFC. When he gasses in his fights he just walks around the ring with both arms down, it is really ugly to watch. He is not an elite mixed martial artist, and Bellator is a perfect spot for him.

This English guy Newton has to fight next looks ****ing nasty, I am probably going to bet on that guy.

The shit talk going on between Rockhold and Bisping is interesting. Bisping is completely destroying Rockhold. Everytime Rockhold says something Bisping just 1up's the crap out of him. I think Bisping is definitely getting in Rockhold's head. The thing that makes it interesting is Rockhold has to know that he is getting owned, but he keeps engaging in the talk.

I think it would serve Rockhold to just shut up. Don't say anything to the guy. Get off twitter. Be confident in your fighting skills and don't let anything else bother you. He should call up Dan Henderson to get some advice on how to deal with Bispings antics. Because this is not going to stop, they are going to be doing press everywhere and Bisping is going to keep trying to get in his head.

As far as Pissbing/Rockhold, if I'm going to break out of 2014, that's going to be the fight I do it in because I shove Rockhold on anything -400 or better. That card is actually pretty decent from a 'serious fan' standpoint.

How does that one turn out? Struve is on a 2 year medical break. Struve definitely has the tools but Reem runs through him, right? Strikers seem to beat Struve. Punish him actually. Hunt, Nelson

How does that one turn out? Struve is on a 2 year medical break. Struve definitely has the tools but Reem runs through him, right? Strikers seem to beat Struve. Punish him actually. Hunt, Nelson

Overeem fights cannot be predicted. He is the better all around mma fighter but his chin is shot.

Overeem fights are next to impossible to call because the chin is such a huge X factor.

He's not like Roy Nelson where he's going to beat cans, lose to top guys. He can beat top guys, or he can lose to cans if they catch him clean.

I think Struve has been pretty underrated but no way I touch that fight with a 10 foot pole unless Overeem gets really, really underpriced. I am quite literally betting it all on Rockhold in a certain range so I have to be careful of volatile bets before that that might chip away at what I can put on that fight.

Interesting to see Roy seriously cut down on the blubber in recent fights.

10394570_10152671989756276_1227929937877808237_n.png?oh=638ff0da871eef49be238464ac2aef27&oe=548F3FC5

He'll always be a '... imagine if" fighter.

Imagine if he had fought as a lean middleweight and used his BJJ. Too late, in his late 30s now, he needs to grab whatever cash he can since it comes to an end very soon (he's already on borrowed time) but he is one of my favorite fighters.

This is unspeakably pathetic on the part of the UFC.

I realize that we're in a hysteria about domestic violence because of the media is making hay out of the NFL thing but seriously, have some ****ing integrity. This was absolutely, positively a Fertitta decision, where they went through the roster and probably contracted with HireRight to do a full background on everyone in the promotion with the express intent of nailing anyone who had a domestic charge.

I guess I'll be watching more Bellator. That is just so, so bad. The UFC has no problem shitbagging their fighters at the slightest hint of 'reputational blowback'. Total lack of fortitude on their part.

I agree, and further agree that people like Kyacey Uscola, War Machine and the like should be given 10-20 year sentences. If you're a serious MMA fighter and turn that weapon on a civilian, you should be sentenced no different than if you used a tire iron or bat. Indeed, in some states, martial arts or boxing background is an actual statutory aggravator.

What makes this so different is that they're not responding to real time misdeeds of a fighter. They're responding to media hysterics and coyly understanding that given the nature and public perception of the sport, they're going to be scrutinized and any fighter who has any DV background is going to leave them vulnerable to criticism. In the case of Thiago Silva, they brought him back after the charges were dropped but now realizing that the domestic violence reefer madness might soon hit the UFC, cited a video that showed nothing as the basis for cutting him again,

Seriously. I'm getting to know Bellator and WSOF fighters. Throwing those guys under the bus like this is just awful.

If a UFC fighter beats up a woman, absolutely, adios but this isn't that. This is people of low integrity wrecking a couple of fighters over shit that is in the past and that they had no problem overlooking prior to the current moral panic,