**official Mma Thread**

Funny enough, a Facebook friend of a friend, an overly ignorant rightist gun zealot commented on the story with "sometimes girls will injure themselves to get guys in trouble." He's definitely not an Internet lifer, just a douche bag

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Probably a retard.

Foaming-at-the-mouth gun nuts are almost always going to be morons, though.

I'm not talking ordinary gun owners, I'm not taking shooting sports enthusiasts. I'm talking people whose entire existence and sense of self is consumed by being 'the gun guy'.

Once upon a time, I was a part of that world. I speak from experience. I met some legit great people there but the 'gun world' is absolutely filled with the biggest kooks and delusional fantasists imaginable. Over the years, it's gotten dramatically worse. 10+ years ago, the gun scene was pretty benign, a bunch of white guys with AR15's, competitive shooters, irrational preparedness freaks and compulsive gun hoarders. All mostly hamless. Now, it's become an entire culture and 'identity' way above and beyond the practical stuff, which tends to attract very marginal people.

I'm glad I no longer have any part of that world. I grew up and grew out of it.

Also, the sub-irony that I noticed: some of the biggest. pussies. ever. are major gun enthusiasts yet they think they're great 'warriors' when they're really just a bunch of George Zimmermans. You want to see bad asses, go to a MMA gym. You want to see paranoid kooks, go to a 'defensive pistol course' and watch the guys with mustaches who stand under 5'6.

• Like 2

Conflicted to buy (+) DHK or not.

I've underestimated him forever, this fight is a legit test but I don't put Woodley at #3 (and neither does the line, however betting has steadily and heavily favored Woodley since it opened at +110)

On his side; he's actually from Ferguson, MO so fighting with a purpose. He wants that mic after the fight is over for the "wait up, wait up for a second, I juss wanna say somethin' real about the e-vents in ma hometown..." speech.

Position on Jones/Hunt Over 1 1/2 rounds @ +130.

Hoping for a high three/low four figure + on Werdum by Sub, will take a taste of that although CV will keep it standing and beat his face in.

DHK hasn't fought a big name in awhile, it is hard to bet on fights with guys like that. I also don't like betting on guys who have to fly across the world for a fight.

That is a tough one. I'd probably go for Woodley but I'm not betting on it.

Nelson Hunt. Id probably go Nelson but you of all people knows how that goes

Nelson/Hunt?

Did you default to Jones after thinking of Roy?

Those guys have chins for days.

Duh yes. Nelson/Hunt. Had Jones on the brain.

Line on Nelson/Hunt over 1 1/2 is +130 which seems like a huge bargain.

Of course, they both are also knockout artists. Already buying some of this.

Cerrone/Alvarez has apparently been made for 178 and the line is opened.

Not betting, but hope he hands Cerrone his ass not via KO but in a 30-24 mauling with serious, career threatening injuries.

Am small Mike Pyle @ +215.

Damn I almost pulled the trigger on Dos Anjos.

That could have been an amazing fight.

Are refs supposed to jump in immediately if they think the lights have gone out? Or are they supposed to give them a chance to recover? Henderson definitely went out but Big John started to jump in before he hit the ground.

I didn't realize Mein was that good.

I can't believe the Vick fight was on a main card. He is garbage and he was a favorite!! lol That was one of the sloppiest fights I've seen in a long time

The guy who fought Holloway is a nut case. They should have put him on TUF

I feel like every media person saying the Mighty Mouse fight at ufc 178 is the worst fight on the main card is pretty damn disrespectful. Even if it is true, the guy cleaned out the division, maybe write a piece on how amazing he is before you tear him down.

I hate ufc media so much.

It was a suuuuuuper thin division that he cleaned out. His style was very Dominck Cruzy, which isn't pleasant to the viewer. He's a great tactician, but people don't want to pay for that.

Dude is great and has been finishing of people of late, but I ain't paying to watch him.

I thought the Benson decision was a tough, but correct call. He was out, he got hit after he went out, and it's hard to say what happens after the ref intervenes. Do I think he recovers enough to wrestle until he can think again? Probably. But Benson trying to escape through the ref's legs doesn't bode well for the side of consciousness, and in the age of concussions, I think it's the right call.

That said, my friends and I went on an old UFC kick for a few fights today, and god damn, that early shit is really nuts.

I agree on the call by McCarthy.

In situations where a fighter goes out, I believe refs should err on the side of stoppage. If anything, that call showed BJMs experience as many less experienced refs wouldn't have made that call, not recognizing that Benson was not capable of intelligently defending himself (which, when the call was made, he was not).

Anyone else actually practice MMA?

I do two days at a local gym that has some legit dudes, pretty fun, not serious about it but just to keep 'sharper than any random ******* in a bar'. Also out of shape, so its weird banging with these completely chiseled guys with infinite cardio and scary leg kicks who move like ninjas.

Yesterday I was walking downtown and some tard on a bike hollered "ON YOUR LEFT" then blew be me doing 2000 miles an hour; for some reason it tilted the shit out of me so all day today I practiced spinning elbows. The next guy to do that will wish he hadn't.

I've done some Muay Thai. I was actually looking to get into bjj, but I can't find a place near by that does it. There is a gym that has Judo like 10 minutes away, which is close enough to bjj. A lot of these places just kinda spring up and disappear.

The average dweeb doesn't even know a proper fight stance but it's good keep up with things.

I feel I get all the training I need by watching the fights and listening to Joe Rogan

Seth Petruzelli has a gym in Orlando called The Jungle and opened another 5 minutes from my house. I'd like to take BJJ and judo throws seems awesome, but at 42, overweight, 6 knee surgeries and an iffy back, not sure it's the smartest thing for me

As tempted as I am to bet Barao at + in the rematch, Dilllishaws performance was so strong, I have no idea if he has the right psychology to handle that. I think he (Barao) is the better fighter but the 80% of MMA that's half mental is going to determine who wins this fight.

I have a bet taking Brunson, am doing research and will have a position on Jorgensen/Cejudo and medium positions on Anthony Hamilton against Ruan Potts.and newcomer Damon Jackson against Yancy Medeiros.

Scram, if Cerrone beats, finishes Alvarez, you have to become a Cerrone fanboy.

Watched the countdown show for 177. Wow, they only profiled two fights, and I came to find out that Tony Ferguson vs Danny Castillo is the co-main, on a PPV. I mean, good for them, they've had some good finishes, but is either guy even a top 10 in their division. Now I gotta go look at the rest of this card.

I realize you have to develop talent, but reduce those two cards last weekend to cherry pick the best fights and you have a stacked 177 that people will buy. Hell, you could even shuffle a little, still put on a free card last week that woulda been decent.

I guess business men smarter than I are coming up with all of this. Probably getting paid plenty for those overseas cards.