**official Mma Thread**

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

If he dominates Poirier it will be interesting. I think I've already mentioned this but from what I've seen he is pretty damn good, but I'm worried about these great wrestlers like Bermudez and Mendes. I think the UFC knows this and will probably try to avoid those matchups (which will be hard if Mendes wins the title).

If McGregor and Aldo win I think a McGregor/Aldo matchup in Ireland would be the best thing ever. Actually if Aldo wins or loses that would still work.

The line isn't very certain. McGregor has the momentum but Poirier is a rather scary bad-ass who's been derailed at inopportune times but is a very scary and legit bad-ass.

What ever happened to Chan Sung Jung, by the way? I lost a pile of money on that fight between him and Poirier.

Bermudez is riding 7 (I think and too lazy to look it up) which has to be one of the- if not *the* - best streak in the UFC right now away from Jones and maybe Aldo (?).

The Jury bet about brought me back to even after the Overeem affair. He has to be in line for at least a contendership fight, if not getting a shot at Pettis next as it is.

I was randomly looking at fighters on Wikipedia and ran across Jake Shields' record. I realize that he is a boring fighter, but look at his record and the people he has beat!! He should have not been cut!!!!

The problem was he was getting paid way too much for being such a boring fighter.

His record demanded he get paid but he wasn't an asset to the company since he had no real fan base and his fights were awful to watch.

The UFC is completely correct to be taking this strategic direction. Might not be fair to good, boring fighters who view UFC as the apotheosis of achievement in MMA (which it is) but at the end of the day its still a business.

I actually think Bellator and WSOF make huge strategic errors by taking in UFC culls.

I'm getting caught up in this nsac stuff. They come off even more retarded than the NFL.

Are they some kind of law enforcement? Giving community service to jon jones and DC just seems ridiculous. And fining Wanderlei for 70k and banning him for life wtf? If he can't fight anymore why does he have to give them 70k? Again if they aren't law enforcement I don't see how they can do that.

And holy shit at Nike terminating Jones' sponsorship because of the scuffle. That seems kind of extreme.

I'm sure Nike wasnt seeing an uptick in that area so took tbeir opportunity to cut bait

They JUST released Oscar Pistorious

I worked in ads for a minute.

Sports branding, the basic idea is to associate your brand in the minds of consumers with positive and exciting feats of athletic achievement.

They want this.

Webb-Nike.jpg

The worst case scenario is this.

dsc04235.jpg

I may buy this one only because I HATE sitting at a bar and not drink or eat for 3 hours, and right now, I can't drink booze or eat bar food.

And because it's a solid card. On the flip side, the place I would go has Hooters-Esque unis, only sluttier.

• Like 1

Thompson should probably get a contendership fight next.

WW is a clogged mess but he's standing out. I hate technical point fighters but he's pretty talented.

Great free undercard.

He needs to throw more combos, not just one sneak punch and out

I'm a believer that refs should always err on the side of stoppage in marginal situations.

I lose the right to bitch about early stoppages, but I'll have a big "I Told You So" coming when the UFC finally gets its Duk Koo Kim.