O&a And Rogan

The only reason O&A and Norton are talking **** about you is because you talked **** about them. The one thing you could do is give them a shot at listening and you'll see that their show is a lot more than you think it is, you just caught them on a weird day. Norton's the first to admit he's a meaty-breasted little nothing, so when he goes after someone else's looks, it's definitely to be taken with a grain of salt.Do a phoner in to the show with Anthony there and I would lay money the whole thing gets smoothed over easily.As for Rogan, maybe you weren't into what he was doing that day, but his standup is HILARIOUS.I dunno, maybe you just aren't into really dark comedy...

I think Rogan's standup sucks, however, he does a fantastic job as a UFC commentator. To be honest, seeing him on Fear Factor and UFC, and then seeing him do standup is like seeing two totally different people. I was shocked. In UFC, he is very knowledgable, articulate and detailed in his analysis, and adds so much to the fights. I am always dissapointed when they have Randy Couture do the colour commentary instead of Rogan, that's how good a job I think Rogan does. On Fear Factor he just seems really layed back. I was quite suprised and kind of dissapointed when I saw how vulgar and rude he was when doing standup. Maybe I don't "get" that type of comedy and that's fine, but it was just weird for me to see him act like that, as my impression of him was changed. Having met DN in person, I can say that he is a great guy, and hearing that Rogan ripped on him like that made me feel a bit defensive of DN. I don't know, hopefully this whole thing gets squashed soon, but as far as I'm concerned, Rogan had no business saying what he said and he crossed a line. I don't think DN was talking s**t about them at all, I think he said he was uncomfortable and that he thought those guys were rude. He would never have said that had they not conducted themselves in the way they did. So I really don't see what they have to be mad about.

The only reason O&A and Norton are talking **** about you is because you talked **** about them. The one thing you could do is give them a shot at listening and you'll see that their show is a lot more than you think it is, you just caught them on a weird day. Norton's the first to admit he's a meaty-breasted little nothing, so when he goes after someone else's looks, it's definitely to be taken with a grain of salt.Do a phoner in to the show with Anthony there and I would lay money the whole thing gets smoothed over easily.As for Rogan, maybe you weren't into what he was doing that day, but his standup is HILARIOUS.I dunno, maybe you just aren't into really dark comedy...
O&A's radio show is not good. At all. Jim Norton is a great stand up comedian and the only funny part of the O&A show. These are the facts.I have no opinion on Joe Rogan besides the fact that from what I've seen of him (NewsRadio, Fear Factore) I've enjoyed him.
O&A,YSARDo you see why?Good luck
Finally, something we agree on.
Ha ha, I'm on to you.Where are you sitting? Maybe we can both take Rogan out.
I'm not sure. We paid $200 each so I don't expect great seats. I like Rogan but he sure looks stupid with some of the things he says. Doubt I can kick his ass so I might need your help !!

Last time I listened to O&A was few years ago before they got thrown off the air. Historically they have been fantastic…

Rogan was ok on fear factor, really good on UFC.From what I've seen and heard of his stand up, it sucks. He's an azz, a rude, idiotic azz. It reminds me of immature, play ground bully silliness. He allows himself to get carried away, much too personal and even seems to cross the line into malicious, uncalled for attacks. Doesn't seem like a guy who anyone would want to call him a friend.

Daniel came up as a topic on the show again today, I'll clip it out of the mp3 and post it later. The talk was actually pretty... tame, just saying Daniel didn't quite get the joke because Rogan was being pretty vicious and Daniel was on the receiving end of it. Anthony of course wishes he had been there to be the good cop to Opie's always bad cop.Like I said, do a phoner.And to the rest of you who want to say they suck... you don't get it. Move on.

Daniel came up as a topic on the show again today, I'll clip it out of the mp3 and post it later. The talk was actually pretty... tame, just saying Daniel didn't quite get the joke because Rogan was being pretty vicious and Daniel was on the receiving end of it. Anthony of course wishes he had been there to be the good cop to Opie's always bad cop.Like I said, do a phoner.And to the rest of you who want to say they suck... you don't get it. Move on.
Vicious personal attacks isn't comedy. Those who get off on that sort of thing don't get it.

O&A are fading fast all over the country. They cant stand up against Howard Stern and they havent been number 1 in a lot markets, especially New York where a Spanish show is #1. The only thing they have going for them is a small group of loudmouth fans like the topic creator.

O&A are fading fast all over the country. They cant stand up against Howard Stern and they havent been number 1 in a lot markets, especially New York where a Spanish show is #1. The only thing they have going for them is a small group of loudmouth fans like the topic creator.
Situations to avoid:talking like an authority on subjects about which you actually know nothing

Hello,I'm been part of DN's Board a good year before FCP started and followed his rise and enjoy his blogs and candorness. I know a lot about DN.I've been a huge Opie and Anthony fan for a little bit longer than DN's board and know everything about them and their PESTS. I'm not a Pest Per Say but I don't ever miss one minute of the show. It is very much my sense of humor. The sad thing is I did miss the interview-as out of hand as it was but yes, the two clueless ones (Rogan and Opie didn't know Dan from a hole in the wall and they were given a hint of weakness to turn into some-kind of radio even under a weird Commerce setting. All out of studio functions are kind of lame anyways. And Dan got crapped on in a bad situation. Likewise Dan didn't know the show from a hole in the wall either. So really no good could come out of the situation. Anthony would have probably/ most likely would have set everything straight because he is familiar with DN.Daniel has the Christian background and the route of humor they chose at the time was kind of crappy and over-the -line. But DN does have a sense of humor and Anthony pointed that out on today's show. They never knew you got married, or shaved your head last week and still signals are crossed and everything is heresay or uninformed ignorance._________________________________Regardless of all this, these are the facts: O & A are the number 1 show on the planet (Over 25 Cities and Growing). Regardless of what some FCP people say or even that Ole Gag Howard Stern Rip-Offs. I listened religiously to both shows and they are nothing alike (And I'm highly informed). DN is at the top of the poker pyramid as far as I'm concerned. We all know the records and the drive and the goals on this board.________________________________The only sane resolution is for both parties to talk. It would make for a good relationship, I guarantee it. 1st it would make for great radio for O & A, and they will listen to DN and let him speak his peace, be it bad or good, they will listen. They would be friends by the end of an interview (This I guarantee as an informed fan of both) Second the promotional value for FCP and Daniel's upcoming book would also be invaluable to him. It's a WIN-WIN.Third- Joe Rogan is really a non-entity in the whole thing. You can think what you like- his humor is an acquired taste like alot of comedians. Just like some poker players attitudes are an acquired taste. People who know the O&A show saw it coming miles away. Dan didn't. But I give huge props for calling out Norton on his gag he pulls on interviewees. That's the only time I have ever heard him get nailed out of like 50 times atleast. But really most of all, and I'm starting to see FCP people spouting off as to F-Them, they are immature, their fans are just asses, they can screw. I think you guys should just let DN handle it. O & A are in whatever mode, but if they focused on this Board to get back at their detractors and even hinted at calling in an attack, then forget about it. I've read all the posts and both sides enjoy poker and the restraint I've seen so far has been unbelievable. The PESTS actually don't want to attack- THAT IS A FIRST EVER that I've seen. And please don't spout off about the , "Oh what can they do?" Another Guarantee is they will lock this board up and raise a havoc unlike you can ever think of. And I don't want to see this board (My Board Too) trashed an unavailable. Stupid talk and ignorance will only cost DN money from the FCP Money that comes in from the poker rooms.If the hatchet gets buried- and it easily can, especially since Anthony is a huge fan of DN. EVERYONE WINS and Daniel will have access to a radio medium second to none as a regular caller or stop-in host. THIS I Guarantee.Fan of Both,Tim

I'm starting to see FCP people spouting off as to F-Them, they are immature, their fans are just asses, they can screw. I think you guys should just let DN handle it. O & A are in whatever mode, but if they focused on this Board to get back at their detractors and even hinted at calling in an attack, then forget about it. I've read all the posts and both sides enjoy poker and the restraint I've seen so far has been unbelievable. The PESTS actually don't want to attack- THAT IS A FIRST EVER that I've seen. And please don't spout off about the , "Oh what can they do?" Another Guarantee is they will lock this board up and raise a havoc unlike you can ever think of. And I don't want to see this board (My Board Too) trashed an unavailable. Stupid talk and ignorance will only cost DN money from the FCP Money that comes in from the poker rooms.If the hatchet gets buried- and it easily can, especially since Anthony is a huge fan of DN. EVERYONE WINS and Daniel will have access to a radio medium second to none as a regular caller or stop-in host. THIS I Guarantee.Fan of Both,Tim
So it's wrong to label people that are willing to flood another board to the point of crashing and/or "taking over" as immature?
So it's wrong to label people that are willing to flood another board to the point of crashing and/or "taking over" as immature?
Your just not getting it. You can do whatever you like, say whatever you like. You may be absolutely right to call someone out as being immature, especially if they are. But those people whom you just called out are going to punch you very hard in the face and he would just because it's fun, that's why they call them "PESTS".Not saying it's right, just saying it's gonna happen. They've shut down many boards bigger than this and turned off Howard Sterns phones too and Sterns other shows. They PESTS even started their own show on SIRIUS radio by taking over someone's show phones. It's what they do for fun.You wouldn't provoke huge bikers in a bar causing a big ruckus, you'd either be quiet and let them be or leave. Now I hope you understand Cuddles. You want to provoke something much bigger than this board, then don't whine when you have been WELL PREWARNED.I don't want the board to be shut down.
Your just not getting it. You can do whatever you like, say whatever you like. You may be absolutely right to call someone an *** or immature espcially if they are. But that person whom you just did it too, is gonna punch you so hard in the face and he can just because he can. That's their right too. Not saying it's right, just saying it's gonna happen. You wouldn't provoke a huge biker in a bar causing a big ruckus, you either be quiet and let them be or leave. Now I hope you understand Cuddles. You want to provoke something much bigger than this board, then don't whine when you have been WELL PREWARNED.
You must be mistaken. I'm not going to provoke a bunch of O&A fans that are chomping at the bit to flame this board to hell and back. That would require me to actually give a rat's ass about Opie, Anthony, Joe Rogan, or the hardcore fans (whatever the hell they call themselves). I don't. I was just interested in the levels of immaturity a group of people would sink to just to feel special about themselves.
Third- Joe Rogan is really a non-entity in the whole thing. You can think what you like- his humor is an acquired taste like alot of comedians. Just like some poker players attitudes are an acquired taste. People who know the O&A show saw it coming miles away. Dan didn't. But I give huge props for calling out Norton on his gag he pulls on interviewees. That's the only time I have ever heard him get nailed out of like 50 times atleast.
I'm certain someone else caught on to Norton's gag (he hasn't done it in a while), but I cannot remember who it was.

I think what avionicz is trying to say is basically what I was trying to say. If DN were to do a phoner in to the show, the whole thing would get cleared up and would probably help everybody out. O&A have made some good radio in the past by being confronted by people they've slammed (Richard Huff, Whoopi Goldberg, etc). Just everybody be reasonable, and you'll find that it works out pretty well.

You must be mistaken. I'm not going to provoke a bunch of O&A fans that are chomping at the bit to flame this board to hell and back. That would require me to actually give a rat's ass about Opie, Anthony, Joe Rogan, or the hardcore fans (whatever the hell they call themselves). I don't. I was just interested in the levels of immaturity a group of people would sink to just to feel special about themselves.
Then just take yourself to your priest and ask him why doesn't everyone play nice like me, "The Cuddlemonkey"? Why do people have to be mean? So go back to being interested in your do-goody things and you don't need to partake in this thread. And I think I stressed enough that they are "PESTS". So you can stop pretending like your above anyone maturely or intelligently. Any PEST would be way more fun and interesting than you could ever be. And I'd buy each and everyone of them 2 beers before ever considering acknowledging your presence.Mistake That.
Regardless of all this, these are the facts: O & A are the number 1 show on the planet (Over 25 Cities and Growing). Regardless of what some FCP people say or even that Ole Gag Howard Stern Rip-Offs. I listened religiously to both shows and they are nothing alike (And I'm highly informed). Tim
FACT = Opie and Anthony Drool - Don & Mike Rule