Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Also from the Pensblog but non readers and non pens fans should also be able to find a way to enjoy this video of a Pittsburgh area elementary school rooting for the Pens.
I won't be able to watch that video until I get home....but I will be driving by that elementary school on my way home from work, since I have to stop by my parent's house and they live a mile from it.I know you ALL wanted to know that.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I won't be able to watch that video until I get home....but I will be driving by that elementary school on my way home from work, since I have to stop by my parent's house and they live a mile from it.I know you ALL wanted to know that.
Dude I was sooo on the edge of my seat while I read that. I had to look up where that school actually was since it wasn't on my side of town. I shoulda known it was in your neck of the woods.
Speaking of statistics ThePensBlog reports (originally posted on a Canes blog) that there have been 19 different Stanley Cup runner-ups since 1989. 1. 1989 Montréal Canadiens 2. 1990 Boston Bruins 3. 1991 Minnesota NorthStars 4. 1992 Chicago Blackhawks 5. 1993 Los Angeles Kings 6. 1994 Vancouver Canucks 7. 1995 Detroit Red Wings 8. 1996 John Vanbiesbrouck 9. 1997 Philadelphia Flyers 10. 1998 Olaf Kolzig weeee 11. 1999 Buffalo Sabres 12. 2000 Dallas Stars 13. 2001 New Jersey Devils 14. 2002 Carolina Hurricanes 15. 2003 Mighty Ducks of Anaheim 16. 2004 Calgary Flames 17. 2006 Edmonton Oilers 18. 2007 Ottawa Senators 19. 2008 Pittsburgh PenguinsThis year's matchup will end this trend one way or another.
Dude I was sooo on the edge of my seat while I read that. I had to look up where that school actually was since it wasn't on my side of town. I shoulda known it was in your neck of the woods.
To add to my terrible story...I saw your link but didn't click it cause I can't see youtube at work. Later in the day, I went on the West Allegheny school web site to see when their last day is, since my little brother is in 10th grade. While on the HS site, I saw a link to Donaldson Elementary and clicked it for no reason. On their main page, they had a link to a Pens video. I thought to myself "I wonder if that's the video that dEv linked on FCP." AND IT WAS! OOOOOOOOOOOOMG!!I'm going home...to punch myself.
Im glad. I hate penalty filled games.
I'd prefer a few powerplays, actually. I think the special teams gives an advantage to the Pens, more than their 5v5 match-ups.
I'd prefer a few powerplays, actually. I think the special teams gives an advantage to the Pens, more than their 5v5 match-ups.
I understand that, i just miss the old days where it was damn near impossible to score and when you did i was so huge. Now a 3 goal lead means almost nothing.
I understand that, i just miss the old days where it was damn near impossible to score and when you did i was so huge. Now a 3 goal lead means almost nothing.
The late 90's were the old days? I was never a big fan of defensive-clogging, clutch and grab hockey. I think scoring nowadays is a better balance between that and an all-star game.
The late 90's were the old days? I was never a big fan of defensive-clogging, clutch and grab hockey. I think scoring nowadays is a better balance between that and an all-star game.
Lol ya i guess the late 90's were over 10 years ago so ill refer to that as the old days. I just hate all the ticky tack penalties, a little hold here and there who cares. I really just miss the blood on the ice to force a penalty call. Oh well.EDIT: The penalty on the pens is exactly the annoying calls that i hate. The guy doesnt even fall yet a penalty. Ill never like these calls. Blah
great gamecrickets
I think the pens would be pretty happy with that game. they didn't play their 'A' game,. they scored two goals on themselves, and they lost game 1 on the road by the virtue of those own goals. I think they walk away from that one thinking 'these guys are very VERY beatable'. And welcome back, troll...
I think the pens would be pretty happy with that game. they didn't play their 'A' game,. they scored two goals on themselves, and they lost game 1 on the road by the virtue of those own goals. I think they walk away from that one thinking 'these guys are very VERY beatable'.And welcome back, troll...
The series reads 1-0...And will be soon 2-0...Spin it any way you want.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHOOTS AND SCORES...EVGENI MALKIN!!! LET'S CALL ARNOLD SLICK FROM TURTLE CREEK (pronounced "crick") 1-0 Pens.