Help Me Get Disciplined

Okay. I am not a bad poker player, not especcially good. I generally only play MTTs online(live I play cash), which in itself obv leads itself to a TON of variance. Money wise, I am definitely up since I started playing. Amount is not important. But I just have NO discipline as to when I should stop playing, and what limits to play. If I got the money in my accoutn and nothign to do, I will play the tounrey starting soonest whether it is 10+1 or 100+9, even when general BR rules strictly dictates I do NOT enter it. Also, if I have homework or reading to do I will often end up playing a tourney instead. God I need more disipline. Anyone had similar issues to me and fought through them? if so, how?

Okay. I am not a bad poker player, not especcially good. I generally only play MTTs online(live I play cash), which in itself obv leads itself to a TON of variance. Money wise, I am definitely up since I started playing. Amount is not important. But I just have NO discipline as to when I should stop playing, and what limits to play. If I got the money in my accoutn and nothign to do, I will play the tounrey starting soonest whether it is 10+1 or 100+9, even when general BR rules strictly dictates I do NOT enter it. Also, if I have homework or reading to do I will often end up playing a tourney instead. God I need more disipline. Anyone had similar issues to me and fought through them? if so, how?
if you know proper bankroll requirements but just don't follow them you've just got to work that out yourself. Thats just a basic self control problem. I usually set a stop loss of about 4-5 buyins in one day if im playin cash games to prevent myself from tilting off my whole roll.

this week has been so frusterating. no school for long weekend. I had emptied my accounts before schools o i wouldnt play. but i had my friend transfer me 250 on ftp. first tourney i entered i finished 6th and won 1700. shipped 250 back to him. and now im losing the rest. have came real close to getting big stacks late ins ome tourneys but lose everytime. either i make a bad play or lose a hand where I was a big favortie. just so frusterating that it looks like Im gonna lose 1500 in a week.

if you know proper bankroll requirements but just don't follow them you've just got to work that out yourself. Thats just a basic self control problem. I usually set a stop loss of about 4-5 buyins in one day if im playin cash games to prevent myself from tilting off my whole roll.
I know you ar eright. I just need more hobbies. truth is i shoulda stayed at school this weekend so i would have friends to socialize with. no one else is home really and I have not much else to do besides play poker and watch tv(i do workout everyday, but that takes only 1 hour)
this week has been so frusterating. no school for long weekend. I had emptied my accounts before schools o i wouldnt play. but i had my friend transfer me 250 on ftp. first tourney i entered i finished 6th and won 1700. shipped 250 back to him. and now im losing the rest. have came real close to getting big stacks late ins ome tourneys but lose everytime. either i make a bad play or lose a hand where I was a big favortie. just so frusterating that it looks like Im gonna lose 1500 in a week.
What's your FT id? I'll rail you and give you some observations.
I didn't read the whole OP, but based on the title I think she can help ya outdominatrix_03_sm.jpg.w300h400.jpg
ya thatd prob work if she choked me.....i need like a shock collar that everytime i enter a tourney i shouldnt, i get shocked. be trained like a fkin dog

Hey Guru...I'm nowhere near as good of a tourney player as you...but I've played with you at a mutual buddies house before. Stick to what you're good at...worst case just take a break from tourney play for a while and try playing some cash games for a bit. Good luck to you though...hopefully you can turn it around. Keep playing your game and you'll be okay in the long run.

Hey Guru...I'm nowhere near as good of a tourney player as you...but I've played with you at a mutual buddies house before. Stick to what you're good at...worst case just take a break from tourney play for a while and try playing some cash games for a bit. Good luck to you though...hopefully you can turn it around. Keep playing your game and you'll be okay in the long run.
lol whats ur name?
Brad...I made the questionable re-raise against Steve with the 22 on the 345 two club board. Not my proudest moment...but it worked.
hah ok. i remember the hand but dont really remember u all that much to be honest. where u at school now?

First you must have your father spank you every night. Have him bend you over his favorite chair and spank your tushy red. If that doesn't work than tell him to wear brass knuckles haha always worked for my father. The *******. Hehe good luck.

Judging from the way you spell and type, my first suggestion would be to lay off the red bull with espresso chasers. Just my $0.02CHEERS!!
lol actually, i make it a habit to purposely NOT drink caffiene at all. but i am ADD to some point

Tell your parents that you blew through $1500 this week and they'll make sure you never get near a computer again :club: Having some cash on multiple sites was a good idea.....varying tourneys at different times you'll always find one in the right buy in coming up soon.Can you put yourself on a poker allowance ? Only $100 a week (or night) per site or something ?

that allowance thing is good.i actually told my mom tonight(dad is out of town) that I lost 1500 this week. she knows what i do when i play poker, she wasnt fazed. i mean its all gravy, but when it is in my account its MY money so i still lost it. i just feel liek all these tourneys are +EV. I like that allowance though, maybe like 75$/day would be good for me. either 1 big tourney on ftp, or 2 smaller ones.....thanks i think i like that.

I'd follow a 3rd time's the charm rule: if you've done it hardcore for 2 consecutive days, turn off the computer and stay away from it on the 3rd day. Do anything else but play poker. Don't think about poker. Do other things that interest you. Get the stuff done that you need to. Then the next day, if your time is free, go back and play again.You'll not only stay connected with the rest of the planet, but it'll keep your poker-mind fresh to get away regularly.

I'd follow a 3rd time's the charm rule: if you've done it hardcore for 2 consecutive days, turn off the computer and stay away from it on the 3rd day. Do anything else but play poker. Don't think about poker. Do other things that interest you. Get the stuff done that you need to. Then the next day, if your time is free, go back and play again.You'll not only stay connected with the rest of the planet, but it'll keep your poker-mind fresh to get away regularly.
yes this would also be very good. Thank yoU!