Daniel, What Do You Do To Help You Forget About Bad Hands?

How do you take hands that you feel you played badly or hands that you lost a lot of money on and put them out of your thoughts???I find myself rehashing bad plays or bad beats over and over again in my head when I'm trying to fall asleep that night and it = insomnia :club: Anyway, I'm sure you've seen way more bad beats and hands over your lifetime and I was just wondering if you have found a good way to cope or dealAnybody else have thoughts on this?

Grey Goose = insta slumber! :icon_dance:I too rehash hands,,,it's a bad idea and screws up sleep for sure.
I can never sleep after I make it deep in a tourney then lose.. I always stay up wondering how I could have played differently... It can get annoying because I suck.
How do you take hands that you feel you played badly or hands that you lost a lot of money on and put them out of your thoughts???I find myself rehashing bad plays or bad beats over and over again in my head when I'm trying to fall asleep that night and it = insomnia :club: Anyway, I'm sure you've seen way more bad beats and hands over your lifetime and I was just wondering if you have found a good way to cope or dealAnybody else have thoughts on this?
I used to do this until I realized I was sure making myself SO DAMNED SPECIAL. sheesh. Everyone plays badly, everyone screws up everyday everywhere, luckily, not all at the same time. Note it in your poker journal along with what you learned from it and let go. Assure yourself you are on the road to greatness as you make every mistake every great pro did before you. Was it Men the Master who said, "You have to lose to win." ???Thanks to Kid Poker, (we gotta get a new nickname for the old married guy) for honestly sharing with us how he screws up just like we do. Gives me hope that maybe I will someday play, at least occaisionally, as well as he does.

What I personally do is the following:If I am still in a tournament or cash game, I try to sit at the table and smile or look disinterested that I just took a bad beat or lost a bad hand. If its a hand I played badly and I know it at the time, I just dont think on it. If it was a suckout I try and act like its no big deal. I have actually had people go on tilt because I didnt go on tilt or at least give off that illusion. After busting out of the event I think about the hand or hands. I honestly try and evaluate the sitaution. If it is a situation that I clearly missed something I try and work on it. If I clearly played bad, I analyze how I played the hand to see if I can improve. If that fails, I will actually talk to someone.I do the same thing with bad beats. I will evaluate the hand, and if I determine that its truly just a bad beat, I try and accept that its a part of the game. If someone wants to call 3 bets with 7 10 suited and then call bets to the river to catch runner runner for his flush, then I just sit back and hope he is in my game next time I play.

QUOTE:I used to do this until I realized I was sure making myself SO DAMNED SPECIAL. sheesh. Everyone plays badly, everyone screws up everyday everywhere, luckily, not all at the same time. Note it in your poker journal along with what you learned from it and let go. Assure yourself you are on the road to greatness as you make every mistake every great pro did before you. Was it Men the Master who said, "You have to lose to win." ???~This is really great advice, I often find myself getting too emotional about a hand, (which ultimately results in mouse-throwing, cursing and pouting), so this really helps to better put things in perspective. However, the pouting will inevitably continue....and the mouse-throwing....and..... :club: LOL

With the bad beats, decisions I've had lately it's been everything to learn from the situation right then and there and correct it or do your best to correct it.It usually doesn't take much to keep the wheels in my head burning the midnight oil. The more negativity you have in anything is going to ultimately drain in one way or the other. Which can effect everything. That's about as clear as mud.Some will, Some won't, So what!!! Next ( hands win) Unless you've just literally lost the house keep positive and move on. If you have literally lost the house I'm going to go with move on anyway because you've probably got a few big fisted gorillas on their way to your listing. Move way on!!! Good luck

With the bad beats, decisions I've had lately it's been everything to learn from the situation right then and there and correct it or do your best to correct it.It usually doesn't take much to keep the wheels in my head burning the midnight oil. The more negativity you have in anything is going to ultimately drain in one way or the other. Which can effect everything. That's about as clear as mud.Some will, Some won't, So what!!! Next ( hands win) Unless you've just literally lost the house keep positive and move on. If you have literally lost the house I'm going to go with move on anyway because you've probably got a few big fisted gorillas on their way to your listing. Move way on!!! Good luck
If i got my money in good and was a favorite at the time then I take that as a positive. Luck you can't control but skill you can by learning and playing more, so if I outplayed someone but lost due to them hitting miracle cards, I want to play this player again as I know they are merely keeping my chips warm for me.If I make a bad move i'll tend to stop playing right there if I can. I need a few hours to try and figure out why I did that and ultimatly see why I made such a bad play. If I make the bad play live either in a tourny or cash game I say 'nice hand sir', smile at him/her and slow down a bit. I think about the last hand I won due to outplaying an opponent and think about all the positive aspects of that play and push my mistake to the back of my mind.
Bad beats-can't do anything about. Played a hand badly-learn from it and then get over it.

I have to get over this as well. I was up for 2 hours last night thinking of a bad beat. I can't stand losing the way I did. Recap:10 10 in the bb and the blinds are 100/50, folds all the way to the button who min raises (chip leader & over aggressive). I re-raised to 500 and he calls. Flop 3 7 10 rainbow. I check, he fires 400, I call. Turn J, I check, he goes 800, I push and he turns over 89o. I nearly punched my screen. Of course I started a chat war with this donkey and his comeback was you have to put it in the pot to win. I did a Sharkscope on the guy and he's a -25% roi.Anyways, I'll quit crying now, 12 hours later.

I have to get over this as well. I was up for 2 hours last night thinking of a bad beat. I can't stand losing the way I did. Recap:10 10 in the bb and the blinds are 100/50, folds all the way to the button who min raises (chip leader & over aggressive). I re-raised to 500 and he calls. Flop 3 7 10 rainbow. I check, he fires 400, I call. Turn J, I check, he goes 800, I push and he turns over 89o. I nearly punched my screen. Of course I started a chat war with this donkey and his comeback was you have to put it in the pot to win. I did a Sharkscope on the guy and he's a -25% roi.Anyways, I'll quit crying now, 12 hours later.
Back....away.....from....the.....chat!!It's not personal. If you make it personal, if you make winning some sort of personal glory that you hang your self-esteem hat on, then bad beats, or bad play end up meaning you suck. Personally. In your own mind. It ain't personal. Shut the chat off. Soon as you started up with the guy, he knew something about you, and made a BIG *** player note: he knows how to tilt you and how to get your money in when he has the best hand. If you just have to scream and shout, come do it here. At the table, the only thing you need to see is the dealer.