Have any of you ever placed 2nd to an incompetant fool?I was playing a 20 dollar buy-in on ( I think it was Royal Vegas) I had about 150,000 in chips and busted out 3 people at the final table alone( running good i guesse, coin flips commin like crazy)Anyhow, its down to the final 2, me and a guy with about 80 thousand fluk chips. His 2 moves are fold and all in, thats it no bet or call. the blinds are 4 and 8 thousand and I (as usual) open for 24 thousand. I got a A-J suited in the small. He moves all in( as usual). Now i have a delema, hes been showing me his all In hands, most have been ridicules. so I call, half way out of frustration. He turns over 2 Kings. I lose my lead, but not my confidence. We go back and forth for about half an hour, and im finding my self folding more hands. Probably because i havent realy had anything to play back at his constant all ins. Im dwindeling and fast, I pick up(finaly a decent hand, no it was a choice hand) AK suited, he moves all in, I call. he turns over an ACE 2 unsuited. Flop is good, turn is good, river..........can you gueese, Ya it has to be a 2 :shock: . Im not mad. I assuered my self their was nothing i could do. Or Was There? :roll:

In a freeroll tourney, for a seat ($10,000 buyin) in the championship event at the LA Poker Classic. 3 people left and I have a 4 to 1 chip lead. First I lose almost half my stack with Ace King to a flush on the turn (I believe the cards he held were like 3 9), then I move allin with K 9, get called by 2 7 offsuit and he catches a 7 on the flop and I'm out 2 seats away from the LA Poker Classic. 2 7 offsuit, need I say more.

I raise 6xbb with A :D , A :) , some guy goes allin, I call he shows 5 :) , 2:spade: he ends up with 2 pair, I dont improve, I say nh (so I lied) he said, I wouldnt have played them but they were suited, I sat there for a while chocked, I got more chips and won my money back, it was only $45 but still.Another one, I got AA I raise 8xbb and bb calls, flop come 7, 3, 2 he checks, I figure I will take the pot right the and go allin, he calls, he has 7,3 offsuit. I just had 2 weeks with crap like this happening to me, people hitting their inside straight on the river and what not, the Pokergods can be cruel.

That is the hardest think about oru sport growing is losing to people who obviously view the game as luck or gambling and play as such. I mean playing J2 offsuit will last only so long. There is a reason T.J. has won 50 tournaments and wrote so many books.. BAd play will only profit someone for the short term we all know it. We just need to be the better player and person in the mean time :

I was playing in a homegame of about 12 people, down to 6 or 7--I don't remember exactly, it was quite some time ago. One of my friends is pretty short stacked and moves all in. Folds around to his wife, she thinks for a brief moment and calls. Every one else folds, my buddy flips over queens, his wife flips over K2s and hits a K on the turn. Not only was he busted out by a poor call, it was his Wife!! Sorry Scott, had to do it!

boy I guess I don't remember it at all then. Anyway, pretty funny that you got called with that and that your wife whooped up on you. Better luck next time....I guess that's tonight huh? Good thing the wife isn't playing with us!!!

recently in a 200 person tourney i had built up a nice stack, and i pick up AA in the small blind. everyone folds to a guy in middle position who goes all-in. mind you this was very early in the tourney--only about 15 people had busted, so the blinds were still very low. everyone folds to me and i call.this guy flips over A5o and i figure i've got it in the bag right? nope. flop comes 5 J 5 and no help on the turn or the river. that left me with a TINY stack. woe is me.

I was in a $150 buy in tourney with about 175 people(give or take a few) and i made it all the way to the final three and i was the chip leader. I felt like i was playing great poker on top of my game. So we are three handed and im on the button and i pick up AA so i raise 6x the BB, small folds and the big blind calls. Flop comes A33 and before i can get happy the Big moves all in so i immediately call and he turns over 63. Ithought...What?...i was still in the lead but seriously, 63? so the turn brings a blank and the river brings, yes a 3. I did, however, go on to win so it was alright.

a guy with about 80 thousand fluk chips. His 2 moves are fold and all in, thats it no bet or call. the blinds are 4 and 8 thousand and I (as usual) open for 24 thousand.He's right to push or fold with his stack at 10X the blind. I read your whole post here, I think you got outplayed, frankly. The reason that he was able to win by hitting a two outer was that he had pulled so many chips from you by outplaying you./shrug. I think he played fine, actually. His call with A2 is a little lose, but really not that bad heads up.

I have to agree I think you just got outplayed sir.He was showing you his hands for a reason. That reason you ask?"

Now i have a delema, hes been showing me his all In hands, most have been ridicules. so I call, half way out of frustration.
this was a previous hand but its pretty obvious you never recovered.He out played you mentally and theres just not much more that needs to be said. An ace heads up is pretty good regardless of his kicker IMOTake Care,Tyler

He KNEW you were the better player and knew that the only way to beat you was to luck out on you. Yeah he was lucky to steal blind after blind and show him nothing setting him up for his next big hand where he got called with AJ.Lucky like Yo Yo Ma is lucky when he plays a cello and music comes out.

I was in a $150 buy in tourney with about 175 people(give or take a few) and i made it all the way to the final three and  i was the chip leader.  I felt like i was playing great poker on top of my game.  So we are three handed and im on the button and i pick up AA so i raise 6x the BB, small folds and the big blind calls. Flop comes A33 and before i can get happy the Big moves all in so i immediately call and he turns over 63. Ithought...What?...i was still in the lead but seriously, 63? so the turn brings a blank and the river brings, yes a 3. I did, however, go on to win so it was alright.
They should do people like that like they did in old school vegas. Glad to hear u won though.
tbh, people who keep whinging about bad beats deserve more of them
nobody is whining, just discussing them. Besides, a bad beat is when there is 2 quality hands, not a quality hand and crap.
i refer you to mr. AA v K2, mr. AA v 63 and mr AA v A5. whine, whine, whine. its all been heard before and nobody except the person telling it cares.
Yeah he was lucky to steal blind after blind and show him nothing setting him up for his next big hand where he got called with AJ.Lucky like Yo Yo Ma is lucky when he plays a cello and music comes out.
You, sir are a total idiot.Try reading just about any professional's book, or asking any pro the best way to combat a player that is better than you... and they'll tell you it's the "slider technique". Because you have no other chance.I had a guy at a final table once, in a B&M Tourney.. came down to the 2 of us and he had a 2 to 1 chip lead on me and he says, "I'll give you ONE chance to chop, it's your only chance."I said, "Nope, I played this long to get 1st place, not to split the winnings".He then continued to all in about every other hand, it was either fold or all in.About 20 hands into it I called with KK and took the chip lead.He whittled me down until we were about even when I got AA in the SB, and just limped in (the perfect play of course!), he all-inned and I called and took him out.Later a friend of mine was talking to him and he said, "man I wish he would have chopped, I had no chance against him".

You, sir are a total idiot.Try reading just about any professional's book, or asking any pro the best way to combat a player that is better than you... and they'll tell you it's the "slider technique". Because you have no other chance.Did you read the whole post, moron? Just wondering, because if so it seems you dind't understand it. Sort of like when you read books about NL tournaments, I guess. I had a guy at a final table once, in a B&M Tourney.. came down to the 2 of us and he had a 2 to 1 chip lead on me and he says, "I'll give you ONE chance to chop, it's your only chance."I said, "Nope, I played this long to get 1st place, not to split the winnings".He then continued to all in about every other hand, it was either fold or all in.About 20 hands into it I called with KK and took the chip lead.He whittled me down until we were about even when I got AA in the SB, and just limped in (the perfect play of course!), he all-inned and I called and took him out.Later a friend of mine was talking to him and he said, "man I wish he would have chopped, I had no chance against him".Wow, good thing you caught two 220-1 hands in a short amount of time or he would have crushed you.Lucky win for you.HahahahGod I love it when people make up examples that don't even demonstrate their points.

don't even listen to smasharoo I've read his posts before, all nonsense, the guy got lucky and wasn't even trying to outplay you, he was just trying to get lucky, because he knows if he gets called he's going to be a dog, stupid play unless the blinds are "rediculously" high, which they weren't "high" yes, but still gave room for post flop play, sometimes these morons just get lucky polak, just keep playing good and I guarantee you'll take home 1st place more often then that guyIf you can't see he was outplayed here, you're going to lose a lot of money thinking you're the best player. A lot.If you want to get better at this game, you better put your ego aside and realize when you're grossly outplayed, and also listen to posters who are better than you could ever dream of being at poker.Just sayin. If you want to stay at the level you're at and have a pissing contest on an internet forum where you're so clearly wrong it's like you're arguing 2+2=37, well, carry on I guess.

if someone is going allin or fold they ovbiously know that they are the worse player, and know that if they play postflop they are going to get outplayed, common sense smash, maybe you should reread one of your poker books...Did you miss the blind size?Wait, you did realize that blind size relative to stack size is critical in making the decision of if pushing or seeing a flop is a better play, right?Wait. You know what a blind is, right?Let's make this easy. You tell me eveything you know about poker, then I'll respond thirty seconds from now and explain what you're missing.Sound good?