The Official "i Have To Reboot" Thread

I've had my laptop on for 2 days now, but alas, Windows doesn't like pulling long hours, and everything's starting to lag. I really despise Windows. I should also mention that my desktop runs Linux, is 3 years older than this laptop, and can run for months on end without needed a reboot due to lag.On a side note, this could possibly be nerdiest thread on FCP.

I've had my laptop on for 2 days now, but alas, Windows doesn't like pulling long hours, and everything's starting to lag. I really despise Windows. I should also mention that my desktop runs Linux, is 3 years older than this laptop, and can run for months on end without needed a reboot due to lag.On a side note, this could possibly be nerdiest thread on FCP.
I did like 20 minutes ago.Geeks unite!

I figured you were still doing updates. I went over to my mom's house to use her computer. My copy of XP is not "genuine" so no SP2 for me, no Media Player 11 which I need to transfer songs to my phone. Well she just reloaded Windows so I had to sit and do all of her updates. Lots of restarting.

Why don't you put Linux on your laptop?
i need poker clients that don't run on linux.
ahh, makes sense.Linux sucks anyways, just have to streamline windows a bit and you'll be fine. Still won't be able to leave it running for days on end, but that's not good for laptops regardless.

My laptop just overheated like a whore. Restart

And I thought I was the only one with this problem. hehe
What I would do without a computer, probably cure Cancer or promote world peace, eh **** it, let someone else do it
My dream is to one day cure Cancer, just so I can hold it over everyone's head. Then, after refusing to tell anyone how I'm doing it, I'll precede to charge tens of millions of dollars to cure people. And -- they'd STILL have to give me the Nobel for my awesomeness (maybe not), no matter how horrible I am! It's THAT big an accomplishment. Once it happens, I still spend all my time on FCP, but instead of posting links to my old blogs or Lindsey, I'll just always tell people about how I cured Cancer. It's a sweet way to win any flame war: "WHY WOULD U 3-BET DONKEY.......HAHAHAHA....YSAPALGKY......" "Oh, I'm sorry, I was too occupied with other things. You know, what with CURING CANCER and all." Is it bad that I'm fantasizing about winning a flame war?
My dream is to one day cure Cancer, just so I can hold it over everyone's head. Then, after refusing to tell anyone how I'm doing it, I'll precede to charge tens of millions of dollars to cure people. And -- they'd STILL have to give me the Nobel for my awesomeness (maybe not), no matter how horrible I am! It's THAT big an accomplishment. Once it happens, I still spend all my time on FCP, but instead of posting links to my old blogs or Lindsey, I'll just always tell people about how I cured Cancer. It's a sweet way to win any flame war: "WHY WOULD U 3-BET DONKEY.......HAHAHAHA....YSAPALGKY......" "Oh, I'm sorry, I was too occupied with other things. You know, what with CURING CANCER and all." Is it bad that I'm fantasizing about winning a flame war?
Mother: "Wang, when are you going to get a job?"Wang: "Mooo-om!"Mother: "I was just talking to your Aunt Carla, and she said Jacob- little JACOB you used to pick on!- is going to medical school!"Wang: "Where?"Mother: "I don't know. Michigan State, I think?"Wang: "Pffft. State. What, he couldn't get into med school in Venezuela?"Mother: "All you do is sit around all day and click on your computer and shout 'boo-ya' or 'bullshit' from time to time."Wang: "..."Mother: "You're such a disappointment."Wang: "Really? Check this out."Mother: "What is this? Is this molecules? Is this atom drawings?"Wang: (nonchalantly) "Yeah, just something I did last month in my spare time. The cure for cancer. I just sent my research study over to Johns Hopkins. They're validating it right now, about to put the drug into massive production. Gonna be sold at a loss by the government, I think."Mother: "Well, I-"Wang: "Yup. They were going to award me the Nobel Prize for Science or whatever, and the Nobel Peace Price, but they decided to make a new one up. And they said I could name it. You know what they're calling it?"Mother: "Uh.. what honey?"Wang: "The Nobel Prize for Not Being a Disappointment (or, My Mother is an Overbearing Hag! LolZerBeEMs!!)Mother: "..."Wang: "PWNED!"Now THAT is a flame war I want to win...
Mother: "Wang, when are you going to get a job?"Wang: "Mooo-om!"Mother: "I was just talking to your Aunt Carla, and she said Jacob- little JACOB you used to pick on!- is going to medical school!"Wang: "Where?"Mother: "I don't know. Michigan State, I think?"Wang: "Pffft. State. What, he couldn't get into med school in Venezuela?"Mother: "All you do is sit around all day and click on your computer and shout 'boo-ya' or 'bullshit' from time to time."Wang: "..."Mother: "You're such a disappointment."Wang: "Really? Check this out."Mother: "What is this? Is this molecules? Is this atom drawings?"Wang: (nonchalantly) "Yeah, just something I did last month in my spare time. The cure for cancer. I just sent my research study over to Johns Hopkins. They're validating it right now, about to put the drug into massive production. Gonna be sold at a loss by the government, I think."Mother: "Well, I-"Wang: "Yup. They were going to award me the Nobel Prize for Science or whatever, and the Nobel Peace Price, but they decided to make a new one up. And they said I could name it. You know what they're calling it?"Mother: "Uh.. what honey?"Wang: "The Nobel Prize for Not Being a Disappointment (or, My Mother is an Overbearing Hag! LolZerBeEMs!!)Mother: "..."Wang: "PWNED!"Now THAT is a flame war I want to win...
When I first met the girl my friend has been dating for a while (this about a week after my infamous run-in with my other friend's Psych major date), I had a long conversation with her – or, more accurately, a fight. After eventually convincing everyone else in the room that marijuana doesn't "cure" leukemia, she announced that she was going to medical school. I asked "where, the Philippians?" She tried to hit me in the balls, but only got the side of my leg. Whore.
When I first met the girl my friend has been dating for a while (this about a week after my infamous run-in with my other friend's Psych major date), I had a long conversation with her – or, more accurately, a fight. After eventually convincing everyone else in the room that marijuana doesn't "cure" leukemia, she announced that she was going to medical school. I asked "where, the Philippians?" She tried to hit me in the balls, but only got the side of my leg. Whore.
was she hot...
I shut my computer down every night when I go to bed...does that mean I suck?
I always heard it was bad for your drives. I leave mine running constantly, I like the blue lights I have in it. And when I need instant gratification and e-validation, I don't want to have to sit through a boot sequence.

My computer commited shutdown suicide after finding out there was no more couch thread.