Your first ROYAL FLUSH and how it went...

My first and only royal flush (in hold'em...omaha i've had a few) was about 8 months ago on UB. i was in a $1/$2 NL table with about $170 in front of me. I had the Q10d and I flopped it. I don't remember my position but I obviously called all bets until the end. the turn was a total blank (4c) and three of us got all in with a total of $492 in the pot. a lower flush (76d) and a Js over Ks full boat were the other two hands. at the time UB was also giving away high hand jackpots every hour which 95% of the time was a royal. so i won like 1/4 of it since 3 others hit it that hour but that was another $150 split between real live money and bonus dollars which you have to work off on raked tables.i've seen royals while playing at foxwoods about a year ago and all you got was this cheap $5 jacket with awful embroidery on the back. they actually have royal bonuses at the local card club where i play. they do it buy suit and have 4 jackpots for each suit starting at $100 and go up progressively with a max of $1000. if you hit the hand, whatever the jackpot is at at that time, you get that money. i'll take that over the foxwoods jacket anyday.on that note, i wish UB would bring back their high hand jackpot or at least add the bad beat jackpot. its been a while.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you born illiterate? Can you read? I never mention anthing about your post you moron. Could it be possible that I posted on a topic right after you even though my post had nothing to do with yours? Very highly possible.Please learn to read and comprehend before you are going to comment on anything.
Yes, but I decided to be helpful by addressing any possible confusion with regards to my post. I already mentioned that your original post had no context whatsoever. If you're going to reply to a topic on these boards, especially in that manner, quotes are really important, as unlike UBB, phpbb doesn't reference the post being replied to in the reply's header.I'm sorry you took my reply so personally. If it's going to be that way, I'd suggest you reread some of your posts before you call me "illiterate:"
Huh?Forgot to mention, he had KTo.-adam
No you didn't, the topic is titled first royal flush. I haven't had one yet I've only had a K high straight flush.
Seriously, how am I supposed to know you're not referencing my post at that point? If you really want to get into semantics, it will be hard to win any sort of battle right now unless you edit your original posts, place them squarely in context and in complete sentences. It's only now that we're yelling at eachother like two babies that you actually manage to post something that's actually readable. Otherwise, I could reply to you with "fasfdo45 369fgfn6 dsbdf9r36," claiming that I was correct because, knowing what ""fasfdo45 369fgfn6 dsbdf9r36" means and the weight of the logical arguments it puts forth, everything you've typed has been rendered irrelevant.Anyways, let's end this childish flamewar now. I should have just edited my original post, but this has been far more entertaining.-adam

here's mine. flopped it and got some actionGame #639044846 - $0.25/$0.50 Texas Hold'em - 2004/11/12-07:15:51 (CST)Table "Cronulla" (real money) -- Seat 1 is the buttonSeat 1: baly41 ($9.15 in chips)Seat 2: >pot<bet ($22.65 in chips)Seat 4: fluffhon ($16.90 in chips)Seat 5: "AKM" ($5.85 in chips)Seat 6: Mr Mouse ($13.08 in chips)Seat 7: Georgia_Dane ($9.25 in chips)Seat 8: BluntForce00 ($36.71 in chips)Seat 9: golfingjohn ($14.20 in chips)Seat 10: lookskywalkr ($3.38 in chips)>pot<bet: Post Small Blind ($0.10)fluffhon: Post Big Blind ($0.25)Dealing...Dealt to BluntForce00 [ Kd ]Dealt to BluntForce00 [ Td ]"AKM" : Fold Mr Mouse: Call ($0.25)Georgia_Dane: Fold BluntForce00: Call ($0.25)golfingjohn: Call ($0.25)lookskywalkr: Call ($0.25)baly41 : Fold >pot<bet: Call ($0.15)fluffhon: Check *** FLOP *** : [ Qd Ad Jd ]>pot<bet: Bet ($0.25)fluffhon: Call ($0.25)Mr Mouse: Call ($0.25)BluntForce00: Raise ($0.50)golfingjohn: Fold lookskywalkr: Call ($0.50)>pot<bet: Call ($0.25)fluffhon: Call ($0.25)Mr Mouse: Fold *** TURN *** : [ Qd Ad Jd ] [ As ]>pot<bet: Bet ($0.50)fluffhon: Call ($0.50)BluntForce00: Raise ($1)lookskywalkr: Call ($1)>pot<bet: Call ($0.50)fluffhon: Fold *** RIVER *** : [ Qd Ad Jd As ] [ 6c ]>pot<bet: Bet ($0.50)BluntForce00: Raise ($1)lookskywalkr: Fold >pot<bet: Call ($0.50)*** SUMMARY ***Pot: $8.85 | Rake: $0.40Board: [ Qd Ad Jd As 6c ]baly41 didn't bet (folded) >pot<bet lost $2.75 [ Ah Ks ] (three of a kind, aces)fluffhon lost $1.25 (folded) "AKM" didn't bet (folded) Mr Mouse lost $0.50 (folded) Georgia_Dane didn't bet (folded) BluntForce00 bet $2.75, collected $8.85, net +$6.10 (showed hand) [ Kd Td ] (a royal flush)golfingjohn lost $0.25 (folded) lookskywalkr lost $1.75 (folded)

My only Royal Flush - Split PotAA in the hole. Board came down As Ks Qs, Turn Js, River 10s. I've never seen anything like it in my life. I flipped over AA, caller flipped over QQ, and we split the board. Not only the Royal, but on the board, in sequence. Any math guys out there want to calculate the odds of that happening?

Same as Jeremy. I've been playing cards for almost 20 years and HE for about 12 and I have yet to hit a royal flush. I've had K high straight flushes and royal draw on the flop, but none have ever come through.I imagine it would something like this - I hold AK :D flop comes 10JQ :) I immediately jump up push all my money in flip over my cards and say call that b i t c h - okay, in my mind that's what I would do for the first second, then I'd figure out how to make as much money as possible.I'm assuming that most of you hit your royals on-line?

As far as total counts go, I've had 6 or 7 royals [2 in a day] and probably 12 straight flushes [2 in a day 3 times, including a royal+sf+sf day.]My brother saw someone get 2 royals in 5 hands.There was a board royal in a home tournament I directed.Heard an anecdote that in a 7cs game at mohegan the hands at showdown were: royal vs royal.-adam

i never even seen a royal flush. and i have only seen one straight flush. and ive been playing for 6 years. this of course minus all the wild card games i used to play.

Royal flush, what's one of those then? :wink: I've been playing for 3 years, and not a single one. Many royal draws, but that's as far as it goes. My friend who I taught to play poker hit one on his first night at a penny table at UB :cry: Hellmuth has only ever had 2 royals, and look how long he's been playing poker for.My time will come- Mark
Boy this thread is old, hah.As far as Hellmuth only have 2, that's somewhat because he mainly plays NL tourneys. You can't chase as much in A) NL games and B) tourneys.I've had about 5 royals in less than a year of online limit play. And like 8 SFs. Obviously you also get more hands in online.[edit]Oh after reading the rest of the posts, I didn't know we were counting Omaha. I have like 1-2 more royal and 2 more SFs there, and 1 more SF in stud. :)If you play thousands of hands a week they come after a while. And you'll get them a lot more in limit because you're able to chase.

My first (and only) royal:PokerStars, $0.25/$0.50. I'm in late position and get dealt A :spade: J :spade: . I raise, got only one or two or maybe three callers (surprisingly tight for that level at PStars). Flop comes K :spade: Q :spade: T :spade: . I figure I have to slowplay this -- nobody else can like what they have at this point considering how cripped the deck is. Play is checked to me and I check it down. On the turn, one player bets into me. I can't remember if I called or raised -- I think I raised and then bet the river, and he check-called.Needless to say, I don't remember what the turn and river cards were. They weren't especially relevant to me at that point. :-)

I have probably only played about 20 K hands (play money and real money). I have yet to get a royal flush. I suppose if I started calling with backdoor straight flush draws in pots where pot odds don't dictate a call, then I may get one a lot sooner, but I'm not interested in that.

I was playing in a NL hold 'em SNG about midway through the tournament and was just barely behind the leader with approximately 2800 in chips. I was dealt A :D Q :D in early position and made it 250 to go (blinds were still pretty small). The button was my only caller the. The flop was pretty ideal: K :club: J :D 10 :) giving me the nut straight with a nut flush draw. I made a relatively small bet of about 300 which was quickly called. The turn was the ten :D and I checked. My opponent took his time and bet 500. I min raised because I wanted to look weak and because if he called this amount he would be pretty much pot-committed. He then went all-in and I quickly called. He turned over 10 :) 10 :) and I won a monster pot that gave me over half the chips in play. I went on to win the tourney as well.

heh the only time i ever got one was when i was playing at a play money table with a friend on pokerstars. we were both just going all in every hand to piss people off. i had J A suited i think one hand and ended up hitting a royal. lol.

I was playing a cash game with some former friends (different reason than this hand LOL). I got AK suited and I raised triple the BB after two people limped in. The guy on the button called and one of the limpers called too.BOOM, flop comes down QJ10 of spades. It took every shred of will power I had not to smile. Limper checked, I checked, guy on the button bets. Limper folds I call. Another 10 comes down. I check again and the guy on the button goes all in. I called.He turns over QQ with a huge smile on his face. I laughed as I turned over my cards. Thats the first time I got a standing ovation at a table.

All 4 royals I have in tracker are from limit, and every single one (oddly enough) I hit on the turn and only the turn. Oh and all 4 use both cards. :)I have at least 1 more from before I ever used tracker when I was starting out at pokerroom.com.First royal listed is on 2/4 June 6th.Second royal is on .5/1 (was helping a friend start out in .5/1 hah) on June 16th.Third royal is on 10/20 on Sept. 16th.Fourth royal is on 15/30 on Jan 26th.That's my sum total in tracker.All of them except the 10/20 got paid off pretty big. That one sucked because I flopped K high flush and turned the royal, so 4 hearts were on the board on the turn (and obviously nobody had any high hearts).

Funny this topic came up today...I was playing online at pokerstars yesterday, the 10/25cent table. IT just happened to be my 22nd birthday and I haven't hit a royal flush at all. I get dealt K :) J :D And the flop comes : Q :club: 10 :) xGuy bets the pot on flop, i call, blank on turn, check, he bets pot, i call.... then the river hits the A :) !! So i was stoked. I instantly go to the lobby and uncheck the don't show winning hand b/c i'm sure he's not calling me. I bet 1/2 the pot, he folds, i show my table, and no one cares, but it was a great hand for my birthday :-)

I hit a straight flush in a live cash game an I couldn't have gotten a better payoff: Here's the scenario:2-5 PL HEI'm holding 10 7 of hearts in BB, 2 limpers before me and I just callFlop is Jh 8h 2hUTG Bets 10, button calls , and I make it 30. Both call.Turn is 9h.UTG bets 50, button calls, and I call.River is, and this is the beauty part: 8 clubs.Fireworks ensue:UTG bets 50, button raises to 100, i'm all in for what I've got left 273. UTG looks at me and says, "How can I fold this now?" and calls for less. Button looks at me and says "I sure hope it's you that's walking to get more chips" and calls. Sure enough, UTG has Ah, Jd for the A high flush. Button has J8 for the full house. I turned up my cards and made a little over 500 on that one hand. Couldn't have worked out better if I set the deck myself.