Madden Challenge

The real question is have you every played online???ONLINE play is EASILY 100x harder than regular play.I used to play a boatload online and got pretty good, but could never crack the top 800 in the world.These guys are the top 20 in the world and would romp anyone. They have every playbook memorized and can pick apart defenses in their sleep.

The real question is have you every played online???ONLINE play is EASILY 100x harder than regular play.I used to play a boatload online and got pretty good, but could never crack the top 800 in the world.These guys are the top 20 in the world and would romp anyone. They have every playbook memorized and can pick apart defenses in their sleep.
QFMFT

Whoever said online play is way harder it is so true.I used to think I was ok at Madden, til I got online and proceeded to be SPANKED by a 13 yr old kid that not only had his playbook memorized, but mine as well, and could tell me, before I even ran the play, what I was trying to do and how he'd justadjusted his defense perfectly to combat it.(he filled me in on this when he was up 63-3 in the 3rd quarter...)

I have played online before. I did pretty well, and I also lost a few games. I'm not saying I'm unbeatable. Just saying that I can hold my own against anyone. You all act like the guys on the show are doing something amazing. It's a damn video game. Anyone with an IQ over 80 and a little time on their hands can become awesome at this, or any other game. It doesn't take a genius to pick up on what the other player is trying to do.

I have played online before. I did pretty well, and I also lost a few games. I'm not saying I'm unbeatable. Just saying that I can hold my own against anyone. You all act like the guys on the show are doing something amazing. It's a damn video game. Anyone with an IQ over 80 and a little time on their hands can become awesome at this, or any other game. It doesn't take a genius to pick up on what the other player is trying to do.
video games are a weird animal. I'm not saying you're not good, but everybody thinks they are the best. you beat up on people you play against but there's always someone better. whether it's smsb melee or madden or whatever there are tons of players playing 10 hours everday. those kids will beat you. there's a reason these guys are on the show. there is a big difference between being very good and great at these video games.
video games are a weird animal. I'm not saying you're not good, but everybody thinks they are the best. you beat up on people you play against but there's always someone better. whether it's smsb melee or madden or whatever there are tons of players playing 10 hours everday. those kids will beat you. there's a reason these guys are on the show. there is a big difference between being very good and great at these video games.
QFT and there is also a difference between great and the level the guys on the show are at. They are the best in the world for a reason. And if you think its a video game and there is nothing they can do to make them THAT much better, you are seriously mistaken.
fair enoughi agree with that. now i just need to find out how to get in.

I bet I have made more mobney than all of you at madden....I am so good that madden has been taken out of the rotation from the drinking parties I go to.Predictably, Pool, and Ping Pong (both -EV games for me) have replaced it.As far as online play...I can win 7 out of 10 online games without trying. I played a guy that finished in the final 4 in a local 5k first prize tournament, I lost in OT, but I could feel that I was probably overmatched and got lucky to keep it close. I gotta feeling that if I played the "elite" madden players, I would probably **** blood.

fair enoughi agree with that. now i just need to find out how to get in.
Yeah getting in is ridiculous tough to I think. Im pretty sure they run games in each major city and you have to beat like 5k people or something nuts. If anyone knows how they've qualified, Im interested in hearing.I think they run the same thing for NCAA football, but you have to be a student at the school that it is held at to even play.
I bet I have made more mobney than all of you at madden....I am so good that madden has been taken out of the rotation from the drinking parties I go to.Predictably, Pool, and Ping Pong (both -EV games for me) have replaced it.As far as online play...I can win 7 out of 10 online games without trying. I played a guy that finished in the final 4 in a local 5k first prize tournament, I lost in OT, but I could feel that I was probably overmatched and got lucky to keep it close. I gotta feeling that if I played the "elite" madden players, I would probably **** blood.
all i can picture is your avatar playing from xbox 360. and then losing to me heads up. just joshing ya, havent seen you around too much, probably because i spend most of my time in OT. think the next HU league will ever start? DN seems pretty uptight about not being able to win stuff, and the nature of the HU league is pretty volatile, so him not winning isnt really much of an upset.
all i can picture is your avatar playing from xbox 360. and then losing to me heads up. just joshing ya, havent seen you around too much, probably because i spend most of my time in OT. think the next HU league will ever start? DN seems pretty uptight about not being able to win stuff, and the nature of the HU league is pretty volatile, so him not winning isnt really much of an upset.
I am still living down that loss to you. (It cost me a god damn playoff spot)not to mention that Daniel is probably the 6th best online NLHE HU player in the league.I hope it gets going again.How's poker treating you? or should I ask..how are you drawing lately?
I am still living down that loss to you. (It cost me a god damn playoff spot)not to mention that Daniel is probably the 6th best online NLHE HU player in the league.I hope it gets going again.How's poker treating you? or should I ask..how are you drawing lately?
not well, i was out of it for a couple months just taking a break, trying to get back into it lately. don't have any patience to play online ring games, and strictly playing 20+ MTTs on a small bankroll is a terrible idea, but i do it anyways. almost all the home games i used to play have dried up, and the one foxwoods trip i had a month or two ago showed me how out of touch i really am. hoping to get down there a couple more times, i wasn't aware that they took off the $100 max on the 1/2 NL games, its now $300, so, in theory, there's a lot more postflop play. i'll be in vegas at the end of january, and need to have some semblance of a winning poker mindset if i plan on not blowing all my money.
not well, i was out of it for a couple months just taking a break, trying to get back into it lately. don't have any patience to play online ring games, and strictly playing 20+ MTTs on a small bankroll is a terrible idea, but i do it anyways. almost all the home games i used to play have dried up, and the one foxwoods trip i had a month or two ago showed me how out of touch i really am. hoping to get down there a couple more times, i wasn't aware that they took off the $100 max on the 1/2 NL games, its now $300, so, in theory, there's a lot more postflop play. i'll be in vegas at the end of january, and need to have some semblance of a winning poker mindset if i plan on not blowing all my money.
I wish you well.That 1/2 NL 300 max game sounds great.If you play the MTT's in vegas, I would appreciate a spy report. I here the venetian and Caesars is where it's at.
I wish you well.That 1/2 NL 300 max game sounds great.If you play the MTT's in vegas, I would appreciate a spy report. I here the venetian and Caesars is where it's at.
will do, i should be staying at caesar's.

I think it's awesome that they get top NFL players to represent these Madden players. Only thing I don't like about Madden Nation, is that it is played on XBOX 360 and sometimes the gameplay looks as if the computer is playing since there are no names present.

Yeah getting in is ridiculous tough to I think. Im pretty sure they run games in each major city and you have to beat like 5k people or something nuts. If anyone knows how they've qualified, Im interested in hearing.I think they run the same thing for NCAA football, but you have to be a student at the school that it is held at to even play.
I know the ones they held in St. Louis all you had to do was show up to Union Station and sign up...winner went to nationals.

Prior to playing poker constantly, I used to play madden obsessively. In college, I often played for decent money and made enough to pay the bills. I played in the first two Madden Challenges in Philly, New York, and Washington D.C. I don't remember what year it was but I think it was either 2002 or 2003 when they had the first one. I got pretty deep in the tourneys a few times but was never good enough to win one. There is a guy that plays Madden for a living that I know of from Maryland that comes up and plays at the Trop occasionally and he has a ton of money and just goes all-in preflop every hand at 1/2 NL for $300, lol. I need to get back in to Madden.. you can always find ppl willing to play for money. I prefer playing FIFA or NBA Live for money these days.

I know the ones they held in St. Louis all you had to do was show up to Union Station and sign up...winner went to nationals.
yep, open registration, a tournament in each of the 32 NFL cities. Registration information is available on EA Sports' website. The competition is done for 06... information for 07 should be available in august.

Vince Vaughn playing a kid online in The Breakup is priceless -- "how big is your tv? I want to know if you can see what is happening here" -- "is your mother watching? Is it possible she won't love you any more if she sees how bad your playing" -- another great line that can be applied to any situation "while your guys are out partying my guys are running routes"

Prior to playing poker constantly, I used to play madden obsessively. In college, I often played for decent money and made enough to pay the bills. I played in the first two Madden Challenges in Philly, New York, and Washington D.C. I don't remember what year it was but I think it was either 2002 or 2003 when they had the first one. I got pretty deep in the tourneys a few times but was never good enough to win one. There is a guy that plays Madden for a living that I know of from Maryland that comes up and plays at the Trop occasionally and he has a ton of money and just goes all-in preflop every hand at 1/2 NL for $300, lol. I need to get back in to Madden.. you can always find ppl willing to play for money. I prefer playing FIFA or NBA Live for money these days.
You play FIFA for mobney?Between two good players luck really dictates who wins.NBA Live just flat out sucks.In the bars down here, there is a circuit that goes around every year when the game is released. The tourney's are worth winning since it is usually a 32 man bracket tourney and the entry is free with a couple of k's for a prize. Those things are ridiculously hard to win.