When Daniel Wins

Had I gotten too confident at that point, it's entirely possible that the game could have been completely scoreless in the second half and I would have jinxed myself out of that bet. That's an extreme example and a case where I made sure not to jinx myself.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL :club:
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, you don't gamble enough to understand how a jinx works. Here's an example. On Saturday I bet the over of like 45 points in the Dallas/Atlanta NFL game. I was watching it with a friend and at the half the two teams had combined for something like 42 points. My friend said something to the effect of "you've got this over in the bag." I agreed that things looked good, but I certainly wasn't going to get overconfident. Had I gotten too confident at that point, it's entirely possible that the game could have been completely scoreless in the second half and I would have jinxed myself out of that bet. That's an extreme example and a case where I made sure not to jinx myself. I don't remember all the details, but here's a case where a jinx happened. A few years ago, a couple of friends and I had the same bet in an NCAA tournament game, I believe it was either an Elite 8 or Final 4 game and we had some team to cover like 3 points against Miss St. With about 3 seconds on the clock, the team we had was up by 5 and one of my friends started celebrating. A Miss St player promptly hit a bs, meaningless halfcourt shot that covered the spread and meant absolutely nothing to the outcome of the game. The moral of the story, don't ever celebrate until the clock has run out. Or, don't celebrate a poker players' victory until he has every chip in front of him. Good Luck.*edit* Since you asked my to correct your spelling I'll let you know that varience is actually spelled, V-A-R-I-E-N-C-E. GL. :club:
unsure.gif

^^^^^^Looks like somebody missed the whole explanation of the fact that people who jinx things are usually the very ones who want that thing to happen. Maybe YOU need some sleep my donkey friend.

O RLY?
Heh, good catch. It's V-A-R-I-A-N-C-E. I just looked it up. Knew he'd misspelled it, then I screwed it up myself. There goes my credibility. :club:
^^^^^^Looks like somebody missed the whole explanation of the fact that people who jinx things are usually the very ones who want that thing to happen. Maybe YOU need some sleep my donkey friend.
I really do need some sleep man... but I might jinx DN if I leave! He has been doing good ever since I signed on today!
Heh, good catch. It's V-A-R-I-A-N-C-E. I just looked it up. Knew he'd misspelled it, then I screwed it up myself. There goes my credibility. :club:
Maybe YOU need some sleep my Cinci friend.
I really do need some sleep man... but I might jinx DN if I leave! He has been doing good ever since I signed on today! Maybe YOU need some sleep my Cinci friend.
Heh, I work 3rd shift, so that's somewhat doubtful, but maybe I do.
He will be #1 on 3 of the WPT leaderboards! Tied of 1st in most final tables, 1st in Highest Career Winnings, and 1st in Overall Player Standings. He'll also have the most tournament winnings next to Jamie Gold (who dosen't count because I'm pretty sure he has down syndrome)
What site did you find this info at?
What site did you find this info at?
Hi Daniel,Just wanted to wish you the best of luck tomorrow on the FT. I was over at Bellagio tonight watching you guys play down to 6 - I had 2 good friends on that table with you - only 1 of them will join you tomorrow (he was the one sitting to the immediate left of Hachem.) The other one was your TV FT Bubble Boy (Justin Bonomo - sickest run ever with 4 consecutive final tables this WPT series.)You guys played a helluva lot of poker today. Get your rest and the best of luck tomorrow! I'm so excited to watch this up close!GLGLGLGLGL~Trace

I have to say this is a great feat by Negreanu. He has pretty much done the Babe Ruth and called his shot. Who knows if he is going to win the whole thing as the structure for WPT final tables for blinds gets a little outrageous, and it becomes shovefest before long, but I wouldn't bet against him.He seems like he is playing great, and it proves when he puts his mind to it. He is scary good, maybe the best ever No-limit Holdem tournament player. It is like a few years back when he was going after the POY award, he called his shot at this tournament and went out and dominated like he is doing this year also.Good luck Daniel, and it is nice to also see Hachem at the WPT again (final table no less, pass the sugar!)

He'll also have the most tournament winnings next to Jamie Gold (who dosen't count because I'm pretty sure he has down syndrome)
It's pretty uncool to compare Jamie Gold to someone with Down Syndrome. What did those Down Syndrome victims ever do to you?
Some People are Idiots... Like people who beleave in jinxes... moron
Is French your native language?
LOL at everyone making fun of me for believing in jinxes, trust me, when it comes to gambling...jinxes are very real. I've seen it happen countless times. Never count your money until it's in your pocket.Also, it's spelled b-e-l-i-e-v-e, NOT b-e-l-e-a-v-e. Learn to spell before attempting to make fun of someone, it only makes you look like a moron.
So does believing in jinxes.
Hi Daniel,Just wanted to wish you the best of luck tomorrow on the FT. I was over at Bellagio tonight watching you guys play down to 6 - I had 2 good friends on that table with you - only 1 of them will join you tomorrow (he was the one sitting to the immediate left of Hachem.) The other one was your TV FT Bubble Boy (Justin Bonomo - sickest run ever with 4 consecutive final tables this WPT series.)You guys played a helluva lot of poker today. Get your rest and the best of luck tomorrow! I'm so excited to watch this up close!GLGLGLGLGL~Trace
4 Final tables?! That is pretty sick...I guess I can never look down on him again for what he did...