Daniel At 5 Diamond Tournament Final Table Update Thread

Quote from DN's blog on card player:"People often ask me for "one tip" that should help change their game. Well, if I had just one shot, I think this would be it: in order to win a WPT event you can't be afraid to let them catch up, even if that means they outdraw you sometimes."
It was origanlly posted at www.fullcontactpoker.com FYI
  • Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote from DN's blog on card player:"People often ask me for "one tip" that should help change their game. Well, if I had just one shot, I think this would be it: in order to win a WPT event you can't be afraid to let them catch up, even if that means they outdraw you sometimes."
It's actually Daniel's Blog on this site... :club:
Man, this Jim Hanna is one lucky mofo. He's catching some hands man.Daniel will catch a rush soon, and I hope he doubles through Hanna!
Be interesting to see on TV - I think he (Hanna) bluffed and won several pots when he was getting lower stacked and got aggressive and then just carried the style through while no one was catching anything significant.
your obsessed with that south park character site - I give that one a B+
Yeah. It's an outlet for my creativity. The site works pretty well. I can do a lot more with Photoshop, etc. I realized, after I posted the images, that everyone's obsessed with the tournament and that I shouldn't interrupt all of the duplicate posts of the hands and chip counts.Hopefully, most people are checking cardplayer, pokerpages, pokerwire, etc. and not relying on this page for details.
Since Hachem & Hanna have roughly 3X the stacks DN has, what would everyone rate the chances of each player winning?I'm still confident DN will fight back, but Joe would be my pick right now. Has been playing well & hasn't had his hand caught in the jar too often.I'd say :Hachem 25/10Negreanu 3/1Hanna 4/1Anyone agree/disagree?
chances the cards and not the players will decide it: even money at worst
...I realized, after I posted the images, that everyone's obsessed with the tournament and that I shouldn't interrupt all of the duplicate posts of the hands and chip counts...
....because you're posting so much new relevant content

From Cardplayer.comWPT Announcer anounced as the players returned from break that the film crew only had 10 minutes worth of tape left. To remedy this situation the blinds have been raised to 500000/1000000 with 100000 ante.

From Cardplayer.comWPT Announcer anounced as the players returned from break that the film crew only had 10 minutes worth of tape left. To remedy this situation the blinds have been raised to 500000/1000000 with 100000 ante.
you too
Daniel was playing a little wild, and it cost him.Hachem played it smart, and sat back while Daniel and Hanna beat each other up.
Exactly what Joe did in 05 and he is excellent at picking up specific pots and staying out of trouble for the remainder allowing the others to bash heads. Hachems game has come on a lot since 05 and to be honest he was my favourite for the win before the final table kicked off. Would like to see Daniel win but Joe is a real nice guy too and a damn fine player. Daniel is up against it big time.Btw who is this Hanna? Seems to be a huge thorn in Daniels side tonight.
Exactly what Joe did in 05 and he is excellent at picking up specific pots and staying out of trouble for the remainder allowing the others to bash heads. Hachems game has come on a lot since 05 and to be honest he was my favourite for the win before the final table kicked off. Would like to see Daniel win but Joe is a real nice guy too and a damn fine player. Daniel is up against it big time.Btw who is this Hanna? Seems to be a huge thorn in Daniels side tonight.
Agreed. I believe that the TV Time Out favors D. Sort of like how a great coach can make adjustments during half time
This will be Hanna's 1st poker tournament cash.

Negreanu limped from the small blind and Hanna checked his option. Negreanu bet 160k on the 1093 flop. Negreanu checked the K turn and Hanna bet 320k. Negreanu folded. Negreanu seems to be a little shaken after several failed attempts at picking up the pot with smallish bets get picked off.Hanna seems to have his number.......for now......

You mean the players? Take a piss, smoke a cigarette, pace back and forth nervously, plan a night of drunken partying for after you win, etc.
So why isn't it just a 'break' then? Guy called it a TV break for some reason...like they are filming commercials or something while the players wait for the next hand or something lol!
So why isn't it just a 'break' then? Guy called it a TV break for some reason...like they are filming commercials or something while the players wait for the next hand or something lol!
Oh, weird. Maybe they're filming those silly spots they show during the broadcast of the players telling you some little "secret" or some crazy hand or something.

Negreanu's button. He limps. Hanna calls from the small blind and Hachem raps the table. The flop is Qh Ts 3d. Both players check to Negreanu, who bets 160k. Hanna folds and Hachem calls. The turn is the 5s. Both check. The river is the 7s. Both players check. Hachem shows T 2. Negreanu mucks.Hanna's button. Negreanu wins a walk.Hachem's button. Negreanu calls from the small blind. Hanna checks. The flop is Ts 9h 5h. Negreanu bets 160k. Hanna calls. The turn is the Kd. Negreanu checks. Hanna bets 320k. Negreanu folds.