Hey you could chase all your dreams with a high school diploma. What's the rush? Don't you want a back up plan? You can't even pick up garbage in most cities without a H.S. diploma.
No way, High School is so overrated. Believe me, I finished High School and college, and all I have to show for it is a paying job with, like, health insurance and stuff. Chase your dreams!
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok to answer u questions^ yes i do know who eric ryland is he has trying to tell me how he talks with the pros all the time and is one of the best...yet he begs me for money every day on aim.... i dont play online poker im a live player only but when i played online about 3 mouths ago i played at full tilt poker mainly in the 4/8 and 5/ 10 Nl ....my curent live bankroll is only 4k so far but thats cause i cant find any higher games than the 1/2 no limit where i live...and i quit online because i want to focus more on live play plus i find live poker funner than internet

i just cant stand regular work and school...to be honest with u i would rather blow my brains out that have a regular job and go to colllege

i just cant stand regular work and school...to be honest with u i would rather blow my brains out that have a regular job and go to colllege
well, I don't blame youyou have the wisdom of a 16 year oldWho am I to persuade you otherwise.

well ive thought it out long enoughf...i wouldnt just quit school unless i was sure i could make a living in poker.. plus im not some imature 16 year old either

if you think working a regular job is hard you DO NOT have what it takes to play poker for a living.take pills or drink drano, the hemmingway decision is a little dramatic for my tastes.
well ive thought it out long enoughf...i wouldnt just quit school unless i was sure i could make a living in poker.. plus im not some imature 16 year old either
what makes you sure? you've put in thousands of hours and a million hands? you've seen 1 outers 20,000 times? you've seen swings over 300 BB? about being "imature", you could have fooled me. actually i like actuary's response. being mature is making adult decisions, i.e. having matured. dropping out of high school to play poker for a living having a juvenille sense of the game is not an adult decision. do you see why?
ok to answer u questions^ yes i do know who eric ryland is he has trying to tell me how he talks with the pros all the time and is one of the best...yet he begs me for money every day on aim.... i dont play online poker im a live player only but when i played online about 3 mouths ago i played at full tilt poker mainly in the 4/8 and 5/ 10 Nl ....my curent live bankroll is only 4k so far but thats cause i cant find any higher games than the 1/2 no limit where i live...and i quit online because i want to focus more on live play plus i find live poker funner than internet
yea dude, school is overrated. keep living the dream homes.
I really hope you're joking but I fear you're not. What live games can a 16 yr old kid play in to sustain a living?
Welcome back Redpill!! :club:

i never said i was going pro at 16... and school is definatly overated ur right...... and no just cause i hate ahrd jobs doesnt mean poker isnt for me it doesnt matter to me if im rich one day or broke the next ...i just love to play and thats what matters

Of course you aren't.
i never said i was going pro at 16... and school is definatly overated ur right...... and no just cause i hate ahrd jobs doesnt mean poker isnt for me it doesnt matter to me if im rich one day or broke the next ...i just love to play and thats what matters
It may look fun, and exciting now, but trust me on this; It's not. As far as rich one day and broke the next, 99% of the players are the latter for most of thier life.

of course im not ? what u think just cause im 16 i dont know right from wrong lol well like i said earlier im not some imature 16 year old quite the contrary

Okay, let me take you seriously for a moment. You have a working bankroll of $4000. That is entirely appropriate for playing 1/2. But what are your living expenses? You're 16, do you still live at home? Do your parents pay so you have a place to sleep and food to eat? If not, what are your monthly expenses? If on variance alone you run poorly for a month (or two) do you have enough to sustain the bare minimums you need to get by? In addition, you're underage. Have you considered what will happen if the locations you frequent realize that and your revenue streams dry up? How many live hours of poker have you played in 2006? Do you record keep? Diligently? Share some of your results. You would need to answer all these questions and much more before I think I could begin to take you seriously. When I was 16, I really wanted to own the Philadelphia Eagles. It hasn't happened yet.

first of all i dont plan on actually living on my own playing full time poker until i hit 18.. no i dotn keep a daily record of my wins or loses but i play the 1/2 game every day live and havent had a losing session yet and i also play the 50 and 100 dollar sit and goes where ive played about 6 so far and won all of them actually...but ya ive taken everythinginto acount about what im gonna do when i hit 18.. and i think i can be the best NL player to ever live if i work hard enoughf at it cause i pick up tells beter than anybody ive seen i know that sounds like im full of myself but its true and i think my reading abillity will take me to the very top of the NL holdem world

I think that's great Nick. I think more should drop out of school and sit around the house all day. Hopefully, if enough do the same the school taxes I pay will go down. And it will be less competition in the job market for other kids who stay in school and go to college and graduate. Will make it easier for those who actually want a good life to have one. Best thing about the good ol U.S.A. is that there is always plenty of losers willing to drop out of the race to chase a dream. Try talking some of your friends into doing the same. The more losers that stop wasting the time of the schools really helps out the kids who work hard and deserve better.

righty o....im happy your happy everybody is happy lol and why wouldnt i chase a dream whats wrong with staying home all day either for a 16 year old i love it its heaven and i do get out to play poker so im no home 24/7 lol

I think the reason ive been somewhat successful with poker is because I busted my balls working multiple jobs from 13-20.. I think the hard work that I did when I was younger helped me mature as a person.. and made me a better poker player. I think you should re-evaluate things.. you have your whole life.. and you should definately have a fall back plan in case it doesn't work out. GL though.

first of all i dont plan on actually living on my own playing full time poker until i hit 18.. no i dotn keep a daily record of my wins or loses but i play the 1/2 game every day live and havent had a losing session yet and i also play the 50 and 100 dollar sit and goes where ive played about 6 so far and won all of them actually...but ya ive taken everythinginto acount about what im gonna do when i hit 18.. and i think i can be the best NL player to ever live if i work hard enoughf at it cause i pick up tells beter than anybody ive seen i know that sounds like im full of myself but its true and i think my reading abillity will take me to the very top of the NL holdem world
If your reading ability is anything like your spelling ability you might be in trouble. Go back to school and get your high school diploma.....moron