Top 2 On A Draw Heavy Board

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.255 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $10.45Hero: $104.35Button: $21.05SB: $25BB: $21Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with Q :D J :) UTG folds, Hero raises to $1, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: 9 :D J :) Q :club: ($4, 4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $2, 2 folds, Hero calls.Turn: 2 :D ($8, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $5, Hero raises to $12, Button raises all-in $18.05, Hero calls.I think i played this one horribly. I checked the flop to re-evaluate my situation on the turn.....got the turn card i wanted and decided at that point that he probably had some kind of Pair + draw hand (Q10, J10) than the completed draw that that point. And then for some reason decided not to raise him all in when i raised. blah...tear it apart....

What situation were you trying to evaulate on the flop? Do you think you are beat here?If the question is, does he have me beat with K 10, 99, JJ, or QQ, you find out by reraising the flop to something like $10. Or if you are trying to be a little trappy, you bet out on the turn. I don't understand the way passive call, check/raise, call reraise line.I think the problem with the turn reraise is that you expand his range of possible holdings. Because of that you are forced to pay him off if he has you beat. The stack sizes are a problem because you are pretty much committed no matter what you do (if you don't lead the flop). It's almost a moot point.I would lead strong on the flop $5 and reevaulate if someone comes over the top of me. No need to be trappy with a draw heavy board. All you can do is trap yourself.

As you mentioned it was a draw heavy flop, so I'd continuation bet the flop and go from there. When the button bets the flop you are given an opportunity to check-raise which I then would have taken. In all, the turn is a nice safe card, the majority of the time you are ahead in the hand and I don't hae too much of a problem getting all the money in here.

i think this is read dependent.if the villain is laggy, i think it's played fine, with the exception that the turn should be a check-push. with a good draw he's gonna raise a lead or possibly even come over the top of a flop c/r anyways and you still don't have a good idea if you're good. if he's behind and you get it in on the flop you're probably close to flipping, but on a good turn you're gonna have a bigger equity edge. plus laggy villains are gonna fire a lot on the turn, which means you let him bluff off more chips when he has air.if the villain is more TAG, c/r the flop. you could lead, but i lean towards c/r'ing because often a TAG will raise your lead if he hit this board, even with a weaker holding, to define his hand.

Villian was pretty new to the table in this hand so i didnt have a real read on him.I just hated this hand because i played it scared due to how bad ive been running & playing latley.I think normally id lead the flop and definitley get it all in somehow on that turn.As it turns out, he flopped the straight with T8o, but i actually river good for a change and hit a Q to fill up and take it down.

I just hated this hand because i played it scared due to how bad ive been running & playing latley.
When this happens, stop playing. Take time off, go do something that makes you feel more confident and then come back.The button's stack size prevents you from getting away from this. There is no big problem in how you played this hand per se, except for the clear fear of engagment vibe I get.It's just my prefernce to lead this flop, I have no reason to believe I'm not good at this point and I don't want to make it cheap for the draw nor do I want to lose value when a scary turn comes (lose value from my opponent). I want to make money from AQ, KQ, and Q10 here.A heart on the turn will slow down action and make you get less value out of AQ and KQ, and you don't want to see a A or K which would probably slow you down a little.

I agree if you are going to do any check raising it's gotta be on the flop. (imo) I think making this play on the turn is questionable. I prefer to lead out on the flop here 3-4 dollars. If he makes a move on me on the turn after I lead out I can either call or fold. With heavy draws such as those I like to take the pot down early. No need to slow play/check raise yourself into a disaster.