Newcastle Brown Ale

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old-Speckled Hen is Newcastle for cool kids.
I disagree completely. This little pub down the street from me has Old Speckled Hen on tap. We tried it once, it was alright, but I wouldn't compare it to Newcastle. It pours like a Guinness, but had a much stronger fruit-base to it, for some reason I remember apple juice. *Note: The tap hadn't been used in a while, and had to be flushed out before we could even get a decent pour, so I'm sure that affected the taste, but I will stand by my original statement as if it was based on 100% fact.
Okay, you've all convinced me. I'm going to the Wiggan Pier and having Fish & Chips for dinner tonight.To drink? Budweiser, of course...
Buttwiper? Really?
Buttwiper? Really?
my buddy gave us tap line from a restaurant and my roomate is getting his mini fridge home brought down from his parents palce, so in a little while we are going to get a tap set up in our appartment, so sick I can't wait. I pushing to get a keg of Newcastle, but they just want to start with a regular blonde or lager.
my buddy gave us tap line from a restaurant and my roomate is getting his mini home brought down from his parents palce, so in a little while we are going to get a tap set up in our appartment, so sick I can't wait. I pushing to get a keg of Newcastle, but they just want to start with a regular blonde or lager.
Goose Island, mmmmmmmmmm.Edit-just the Honkers Ale, it is the choice over all their other brews
I disagree completely. This little pub down the street from me has Old Speckled Hen on tap. We tried it once, it was alright, but I wouldn't compare it to Newcastle. It pours like a Guinness, but had a much stronger fruit-base to it, for some reason I remember apple juice. *Note: The tap hadn't been used in a while, and had to be flushed out before we could even get a decent pour, so I'm sure that affected the taste, but I will stand by my original statement as if it was based on 100% fact.
I never said it tasted better, I just said it was for cool kids. haha. I dunno though, newcastle may still be tops. I sometimes go to Total Wine (I dunno how national they are) and they have singles of all kinds of different us and intl. beers and you can create your own six pack. Usually ends up running about $15 bucks but you can find some pretty interesting beers.
I dunno though, newcastle may still be tops. I sometimes go to Total Wine (I dunno how national they are) and they have singles of all kinds of different us and intl. beers and you can create your own six pack. Usually ends up running about $15 bucks but you can find some pretty interesting beers.
That's pretty cool. Expensive, but fun. I like buying different micro brews seasonal mixpacks. They usually have 4 different beers, 3 of each, although the styles can be kinda generic, especially in winter. Still, I love trying out new beer. Never heard of Total Wine though.
my buddy gave us tap line from a restaurant and my roomate is getting his mini fridge home brought down from his parents palce, so in a little while we are going to get a tap set up in our appartment, so sick I can't wait. I pushing to get a keg of Newcastle, but they just want to start with a regular blonde or lager.
We have a kegerator in our basement with lines? running up to our bar in the living room, so we pretty much have beer on tap in our living room 24/7. We ran out of CO2 (I think) for a while but my roommates are beer smart and got it fixed.
We have a kegerator in our basement with lines? running up to our bar in the living room, so we pretty much have beer on tap in our living room 24/7. We ran out of CO2 (I think) for a while but my roommates are beer smart and got it fixed.
We had a pretty solid setup in my house in college. I used to get in trouble because we'd buy a "house keg," of something expensive, split it five ways, but I'd just sit there and drink all day every day until it was completely gone. I'd drink like 60+% of the keg. Finally I had to start buying my own kegs. I wish I were making this up.Wang

for those that aren't in the know british ales are ****. even boddington's i don't like. it's all about Belgiums and it's not close. take for example the british ales which resemble scotch ales. in no way are they as good as the scotch ales and the scottish ales aren't as good as the belgium scotch ales. trying to compare molson or sapporo to newcastle is apples and oranges. yes they are both beer (just as apples and oranges are fruit) but ales and lagers are on opposite poles. if you go with lagers i would suggest pilsner urqell (sp?) or spaten (great, great lager). some claim all green bottles (urquell) are skunk but i think it's a pretty strong lager.for the lightest tastes there is a belgium beer called cesion dupont (sp?) which has a taste which hints at champange. this is the best beer i've ever had. if your lucky enough to have a belgium distributor anywhere in your area ask that they pick you up a case.i could rattle on here forever, but seriously if you like newcastle there are probably 100 different beers you would like more.edit: i would like to brag that in a few months i'm doing a tour of all the belium brewries/ monastaries (sp?)also, all the spelling mistakes are because i'm becomming wet brained.

• 1 month later...

There is about a case and a half of leftover Miller Lite or some **** in my house from a party last weekend. I didn't pick that brand, I just gave $40 to my brother-in-law and told him to go on a beer run and the dumbass comes back with that ****. Anyway there is enough to get good and drunk on, but I'm gonna go to the store just to buy a 12 pack of Newcastle instead.Oh and one more thing...Smirnoff Ice takes too much **** from people who need to find some way to make themselves feel like they're better than somebody else. If I had to choose between bad beer and Smirnoff Ice I would take the Smirnoff. Whats wrong with it, really? Its a drink that tastes sweet and gets you drunk, thats all. Nothing wrong with that. Everybody loves Smirnoff but they're afraid to admit it, and the ones that make fun of it are the ones that are most worried about their own manhood. Kinda like the gay guy who bashes gays because he's trying to hide his true identity.