ok not sure how this riddle will work not on paper buttThere is a horse with a 15 foot rope tied to it. there is a large bail of hay 25 feet from the horse. how does it eat from the hay?

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok not sure how this riddle will work not on paper buttThere is a horse with a 15 foot rope tied to it. there is a large bail of hay 25 feet from the horse. how does it eat from the hay?
if a rope is tied to a horse but not fixed to anything else then the horse will just walk over there.
if a rope is tied to a horse but not fixed to anything else then the horse will just walk over there.
good man! lots of people generally over look the not being tied up, just assume he was
Ok actuary I gotta try harder...A detective shows up at a crime scene where a person is found dead, hanging from the celling with a rope around their neck and a pool of water on the floor beath the deceased. the person was to short to jump and grab the rope and hoist themselves up. There is no chair, no ladder, no furniture near where the body is hanging. What seems like a homicide is actually declared a suicide by the detective, why?
He was standing on a block of ice, the ice melted, night night.
when does 11 + 2 = 1?
clocks?11:00 + 2 hours = 1:00here's a similar one:move one digit in the following equation to make it true.101 - 102 = 1

Here's a good one:You have two ropes. You know for a fact that it takes both of them exactly an hour to burn. However, you don't know what the ropes are made of. They don't burn at a constant speed, the burning could speed up at one place, slow down at another, we don't know. Both of the ropes could also be totally different from one another. All we know for a fact is that, in the end, whether they burn quickly in one place and slower in another, and whether or not they burn differently from one another, it takes them exactly one hour to burn completely.Our task is to measure 45 minutes using these two ropes. We have to be 100% sure that we've measured 45 minutes, so taking averages or guessing doesn't work.How do we do it?

Here's a good one:You have two ropes. You know for a fact that it takes both of them exactly an hour to burn. However, you don't know what the ropes are made of. They don't burn at a constant speed, the burning could speed up at one place, slow down at another, we don't know. Both of the ropes could also be totally different from one another. All we know for a fact is that, in the end, whether they burn quickly in one place and slower in another, and whether or not they burn differently from one another, it takes them exactly one hour to burn completely.Our task is to measure 45 minutes using these two ropes. We have to be 100% sure that we've measured 45 minutes, so taking averages or guessing doesn't work.How do we do it?
are the lengths of the ropes equal?
are the lengths of the ropes equal?
Hmm. The answer to this will be considered a hint:It doesn't matter. We'll simply say, "no" to add to the generality of the riddle. They could be equal, or they could not be. Either way, the answer is the same.

An Arab sheikh tells his two sons to race their camels to a distant city to see who will inherit his fortune. The one whose camel is slower will win.The brothers, after wandering aimlessly for days, ask a wise man for advise. After hearing the advice they jump on the camels and race as fast as they can to the city. What does the wise man say?

mines weak, but:3 men go to hotelPay $10 each for roomLater manager realizes he's over charged the men $1 each.He gives the bell hop a $5 bill and says: "Make change, and give each man back $1. You can keep the other $2 for your troubles"bellhop pays each man back $1.So, each man paid $9 for his room, and the bellhop kept $2.That's $9 * 3 + $2 = $29What happened to the other dollar?
the manager screwed the bellhop out of a dollar. or kept a $1 tip for himself, i guess. if he wanted to give the full tip to the bellhop he would have given him $6, the (3 x $1) + (30-27=3) = 6.i'll keep reading and see if the answer was already posted.

ummmm. open discussion is needed here I think.45*2 is 1.5h, so if we knew when a rope was half done burning we could know when we reached 1.5 hours. But then we could know when a rope is 3/4 done burning also so this doesn't hold.. We can probably get some information from burning one of the ropes to completion first. Then we know 1h.I got nothing

ummmm. open discussion is needed here I think.45*2 is 1.5h, so if we knew when a rope was half done burning we could know when we reached 1.5 hours. But then we could know when a rope is 3/4 done burning also so this doesn't hold.. We can probably get some information from burning one of the ropes to completion first. Then we know 1h.I got nothing
Burn rope 1 at both ends while at the same time burn rope 2 at one end. Once rope 1 is burnt, that's 30mins. That means that rope 2 (burning at 1 end has 30 mins left). Now immediately burn other end of rope 2. So instead of taking 30mins to burn through, it will burn in 15 mins.Thus 45 mins.
An Arab sheikh tells his two sons to race their camels to a distant city to see who will inherit his fortune. The one whose camel is slower will win.The brothers, after wandering aimlessly for days, ask a wise man for advise. After hearing the advice they jump on the camels and race as fast as they can to the city. What does the wise man say?
Switch Camels.
Burn rope 1 at both ends while at the same time burn rope 2 at one end. Once rope 1 is burnt, that's 30mins. That means that rope 2 (burning at 1 end has 30 mins left). Now immediately burn other end of rope 2. So instead of taking 30mins to burn through, it will burn in 15 mins.Thus 45 mins.
:club::D:D
YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR. See, by answering this correctly, you can now get any job you want at Microsoft, any consulting firm, and you an ace your LSAT's (really, all those things are basically riddles like this).Okay, super hard one here:(I'm not sure I fully understand the answer, but I'm coming to grips with it)We are a king holding a party. At this party, we have 1,000 glasses of wine. However, an assassin trying to kill us or ruin our party has put poison in one glass of wine. The poison will leave whoever drinks it very sick, which is bad. The poison takes a day to go into effect, so we won't know the results of drinking it right away. As the king, we have many people who are willing to taste the wine for poison.Our task is to figure out the least amount of people we would need to taste the wine and figure out exactly which glass of wine has the poison in it. We can assume that the tasters are allowed to drink from as many glasses as we choose. Assume that the glasses are large enough so arbitrarily many tasters can drink from any given glass.Remember, the task isn't to minimize the amount of tasters who get sick (if it were we would hire 1,000 and have them each taste 1). Rather, it is to minimize the number of tasters we hire.Hint: It is not necessary to come up with the exact strategy for tasting the glasses. I am only looking for the number of people we would need to figure out which glass the poison is in.
YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR. See, by answering this correctly, you can now get any job you want at Microsoft, any consulting firm, and you an ace your LSAT's (really, all those things are basically riddles like this).Okay, super hard one here:(I'm not sure I fully understand the answer, but I'm coming to grips with it)We are a king holding a party. At this party, we have 1,000 glasses of wine. However, an assassin trying to kill us or ruin our party has put poison in one glass of wine. The poison will leave whoever drinks it very sick, which is bad. The poison takes a day to go into effect, so we won't know the results of drinking it right away. As the king, we have many people who are willing to taste the wine for poison.Our task is to figure out the least amount of people we would need to taste the wine and figure out exactly which glass of wine has the poison in it. We can assume that the tasters are allowed to drink from as many glasses as we choose. Assume that the glasses are large enough so arbitrarily many tasters can drink from any given glass.Remember, the task isn't to minimize the amount of tasters who get sick (if it were we would hire 1,000 and have them each taste 1). Rather, it is to minimize the number of tasters we hire.Hint: It is not necessary to come up with the exact strategy for tasting the glasses. I am only looking for the number of people we would need to figure out which glass the poison is in.
10 tasters.
It appears to me that the answer is 1, but it, uh, may take a while. Like, 1000 days.Wang
It appears to me that the answer is 1, but it, uh, may take a while. Like, 1000 days.Wang
Sorry, I forgot to add that the party is "tomorrow" so we only have one day to do this. In other words, we have to do it all at once. We have to get our tasters to taste the wine, let them go to sleep, and the next day we have to know which one the poison is in based on who got sick and who didn't.But points for pointing out my riddle's holes.