Fcp Strat Tournament #7

Brilliant call...only to be sucked out on to end up in 4th. :Pgg allPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB (t6055)Hero (t4630)UTG (t5649)Button (t3166)Preflop: Hero is BB with 8diamond.gif, Theart.gif. 2 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: (t400) 6heart.gif, 8spade.gif, 4club.gif(2 players)SB bets t400, Hero raises to t800, SB raises to t5855, Hero calls t3630 (All-In).Turn: (t10685) 3heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t10685) 5diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: t10685Results below: SB has 5c 6s (two pair, sixes and fives). Hero has 8d Th (one pair, eights). Outcome: SB wins t10685.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant call...only to be sucked out on to end up in 4th. :Pgg allPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB (t6055)Hero (t4630)UTG (t5649)Button (t3166)Preflop: Hero is BB with 8diamond.gif, Theart.gif. 2 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: (t400) 6heart.gif, 8spade.gif, 4club.gif(2 players)SB bets t400, Hero raises to t800, SB raises to t5855, Hero calls t3630 (All-In).Turn: (t10685) 3heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t10685) 5diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: t10685Results below: SB has 5c 6s (two pair, sixes and fives). Hero has 8d Th (one pair, eights). Outcome: SB wins t10685.
ha

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero (t11034)Button (t8466)Preflop: Hero is BB with Jspade.gif, Aheart.gif. Button calls t100, Hero raises to t600, Button calls t400.Flop: (t1125) Kdiamond.gif, 6spade.gif, 4heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets t200, Hero calls t200.Turn: (t1525) Qclub.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets t600, Hero raises to t1200, Button calls t600.River: (t3925) Jclub.gif(2 players)Hero bets t3000, Button folds.Final Pot: t6925Results in white below: Hero has Js Ah (one pair, jacks). Outcome: Hero wins t6925. Thats what I really had that hand, I didnt wanna lie, I just didnt wanna tell you whilw we were playingThe last 5 handsI get AQs in BB, he foldsI get AA, raise to 1200, he foldsI get JJ in BB, he foldsI get 54, I fold

Zach: I hate your chat comment.I essentialy agree with your analysis of aucu's call. It's interesting though, as he's getting 2:1 and has 6 outs to beat top pair. Now it comes down to: When is A/K an out and when is he crushed or reversedominated, and how often is he ahead. you play aggressive and needed chips there. Of course you have to bet all the chips no matter what; just like you'd shove the hand you shoved and maybe worseAgain, I hate your chat comment, it's uncalled for and pathetic. congrats to Eddie.yahkin: Were you bubble aware with your call, or just playing the hand?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero (t15234)Button (t4266)Preflop: Hero is BB with Kclub.gif, Kdiamond.gif. Button raises to t1200, Hero raises to t15209, Button calls t3041 (All-In).Flop: (t19450) 5spade.gif, 3heart.gif, Qspade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Turn: (t19450) Kspade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t19450) 3diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: t19450Results in white below: Hero has Kc Kd (full house, kings full of threes). Button has Ac 6h (one pair, threes). Outcome: Hero wins t19450. wouldnt let me post both HH in same post for some reasonI would also like to point out that at one point, Actuary said 'You > Me HU'He admits his HU game isnt strong but damn....that made me feel good.GG actuary sorry about telling you I had KQ, like I said I just didnt wanna tell you I bluffed you, I guess I should have just said I would post it...sorry, gg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLllllllExplain?I have 900 left. The pot is 1000. I should be betting what? 600?Good read.Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelol donkaments.
Ok I was HU for somthing like 50 min on another table at the time so I didn't give it too much thought, but the bet was just too big to be for value, it was just you and me with you on my right looking like you were trying to push me out, you had been stealing my blinds, so I called with my AK and it was a good read.It may not have been perfect but there it is.
Ok I was HU for somthing like 50 min on another table at the time so I didn't give it too much thought, but the bet was just too big to be for value, it was just you and me with you on my right looking like you were trying to push me out, you had been stealing my blinds, so I called with my AK and it was a good read.It may not have been perfect but there it is.
I could have sworn the pot way multiwayI believe tremoney was in there
Thats what I really had that hand, I didnt wanna lie, I just didnt wanna tell you whilw we were playing
so you called flop, raised turn and caught 3red pair?good play :PI honeslty could use some help weaving schemes like that.Were you betting any river to steal pot?Maybe my fold with K9 is lousy there. I thought you were playing pretty stright up and presumed i was not playing garbage.
Zach: I hate your chat comment. I agree with your analysis of aucu's call. It's inteesting though, as he's getting 2:1 and has 6 outs to bets top pair. Now it comes down to: When is A/K an out and when is he crushed or reversedominated, and how often is he ahead. you play aggressive and needed chips there. Of course you have to bet all the chips no matter what; just like you'd shove the hand you shoved and maybe worseAgain, I hagte your chat comment, it's uncalled for an pathetic. Grow up.congrats to Eddie.yahkin: Were you bubble aware with your call, or just playing the hand?
I agree with the bolded parts. I immediately apologized, fwiw.****Worst hand I'd shovel there would be like 78 sooted. That, along with JT, or a flush draw, make up a pretty smallpart of my range though. I usually have at least a pair when I push... like most of the time, especially when I expect to get called by a pair or better.
Meh, good read then, I suppose. GG.
so you called flop, raised turn and caught 3red pair?good play :PI honeslty could use some help weaving schemes like that.Were you betting any river to steal pot?Maybe my fold with K9 is lousy there. I thought you were playing pretty stright up and presumed i was not playing garbage.
wow... I played that softI blew that actually... lol.
I was most likely bluffing any card besides an A, K or QThe Ace would just make it so only better hands call, so Id check and I felt you had a K so it would of been hard to make you fold if the board paired a high card. My plan the who time was to steal. If you play with me enough youll see I make a lot of plays where Ill call to bluff later. I was hoping the in-raise on the turn would help my caseI have a question about the start tourney. I just recently started playing on Stars, is this every Wednesday at 10 EST? or are they on random days

Couple of things..I thought I played very well early and very poorly late. I went pretty card dead once we were 4 or 5 handed however I felt Eddie and Actuary both played much better than me in particular Eddie did an extremely good job of mixing it up and utilizing his chip advantage in the BB vs. SB battles vs. me. He took advantage of the fact that I couldn't flop a pair or draw of any kind. Here is the hand in question. Seat 1: JAS II (1525 in chips) Seat 2: shpaget (915 in chips) Seat 3: KevinJA8 (2270 in chips) Seat 4: Yahkin (2815 in chips) Seat 5: Tremomey (4959 in chips) Seat 6: CancerSucks (1283 in chips) Seat 7: Zach6668 (1260 in chips) Seat 8: aucu (2605 in chips) Seat 9: PokeHerPros (1868 in chips) out of hand (moved from another table into small blind)JAS II: posts small blind 50shpaget: posts big blind 100*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Tremomey [Tc Kd]KevinJA8 said, "I made the FT, I dont care what happens now"KevinJA8: folds Tremomey said, "did you see my blew my chips today aucu"Yahkin said, "This is a communist table Tre...you need to distribute your money evenly."Yahkin: folds Tremomey: raises 200 to 300CancerSucks: folds Zach6668: calls 300aucu: calls 300JAS II: folds shpaget: folds *** FLOP *** [3s 8h 9h]aucu said, "no"Tremomey: checks Zach6668: bets 960 and is all-inaucu: calls 960Tremomey: folds KevinJA8 said, "careful all, Yahkin's only been dealt the nuts like 12 time"*** TURN *** [3s 8h 9h] [4s]*** RIVER *** [3s 8h 9h 4s] [2d]*** SHOW DOWN ***Zach6668: shows [Jd Td] (high card Jack)aucu: shows [Ah Ks] (high card Ace)aucu collected 2970 from potCancerSucks said, "gg"KevinJA8 said, "nc, gg"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2970 | Rake 0 Board [3s 8h 9h 4s 2d]Seat 1: JAS II (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 2: shpaget (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 3: KevinJA8 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: Yahkin folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: Tremomey folded on the FlopSeat 6: CancerSucks folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: Zach6668 showed [Jd Td] and lost with high card JackSeat 8: aucu (button) showed [Ah Ks] and won (2970) with high card AceIMO I'm not a big fan of Zach's call preflop.. putting 1/4 of his chips in preflop to a MP/EP raiser (albeit its me). I think a shove from him here is pretty obv and actually his bet on the flop is a pot sized bet. As far as Aucu's call.. I could see how he could think ace high is good on the flop however he still has me to act behind him. I could easily have 88 or 99 or even an overpair that was looking to trap anticipating Zach to push his short stack. If this were a HU pot it would have played out much differently.

Yeah Trev, my call is bleh. I was 4-tabling and didn't take a good look at staks, but I need some chips, so meh. JTs is the worst hand I'd call preflop with, I think. I mean, if I flop something I'm doubling up if you have a pair, or i just pick off a c-bet bluff, so I'm calling with 1/4 of my stack, getting 3-1 + 3-1 implied. It's close though.

Zach,I don't like your preflop call.You can shove pf since it's Tre and you might have FE and live cards, or fold usually, imo.aucu's call looks even worse now, realizing he's not closing action.Is a shove by aucu better than a call, with fold being best.

Zach,I don't like your preflop call.You can shove pf since it's Tre and you might have FE and live cards, or fold usually, imo.aucu's call looks even worse now, realizing he's not closing action.Is a shove by aucu better than a call, with fold being best.
I don't normally mind just calling in position with AK however I think in this situation a raise/shove is definetely the best play. Aucu had a middleish stack and could easily pick up a nice pot here uncontested or at worst be in a race against me or Zach. If he makes the raise preflop and takes down the pot uncontested he increases his stack from 2605 to 3705. As far as Zach's hand.. I think calling is the worst option, followed by pushing and I still think the best option is folding. If Zach pushes after I raise I'm most likely not folding and the hand I actually ended up having a hand that is probably one of the weakest that I'd open with from there and it still happened to have his hand dominated. As played I think this is an easy shove for Zach's hand on the flop and a very marginal and overall probably losing call by aucu.

I would just like to say that I didn't play a single hand I think is worth talking about.(plus I forgot to grab the HH)I, however, am really starting to hate TT...when I have it I lose, when I'm against it I lose.

yahkin: Were you bubble aware with your call, or just playing the hand?
It took me so long to decide because of the bubble. I would have called quicker ITM, and probably folded early in the tourney.The call was a read from the last hand we had played together and the level of competition. The previous hand he re-raised my bet and I folded...Then told him I had a pp. Represented myself as very tight bubble player. This time around I re-raise with top pair and he pushes. If he really has something, he doesn't push here. He re-raises for value to get a call. A push tells me he caught middle or bottom pair and wants to squeeze me out since I'm so tight. Only a donk would push here with the concealed straight, and I know he is a better player than that...so my only real concern is he hit top pair too and has a better kicker.

PokerStars (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is MP with 9 :D , J :) . SB posts a blind of 15. 1 fold, Hero raises to 90, Villian calls, 3 folds.Flop: J :) , Q :club: , J :D(2 players)Hero bets 155, Villian raises to 255, Hero calls.Turn: 4 :D(2 players)Hero checks, Villian bets 500, Hero raises all in, Villian calls.Playing 3 of a kind weakly on flop. Not a good idea.Then stupidly on the turn.

IMO I'm not a big fan of Zach's call preflop.. putting 1/4 of his chips in preflop to a MP/EP raiser (albeit its me). I think a shove from him here is pretty obv and actually his bet on the flop is a pot sized bet. As far as Aucu's call.. I could see how he could think ace high is good on the flop however he still has me to act behind him. I could easily have 88 or 99 or even an overpair that was looking to trap anticipating Zach to push his short stack. If this were a HU pot it would have played out much differently.
Looking at that HH I proly should have raised PF but I've been doing that a lot less with AK as of late. I forgot or didn't see you were still in the hand so yes my call was not optimal.
It took me so long to decide because of the bubble. I would have called quicker ITM, and probably folded early in the tourney.The call was a read from the last hand we had played together and the level of competition. The previous hand he re-raised my bet and I folded...Then told him I had a pp. Represented myself as very tight bubble player. This time around I re-raise with top pair and he pushes. If he really has something, he doesn't push here. He re-raises for value to get a call. A push tells me he caught middle or bottom pair and wants to squeeze me out since I'm so tight. Only a donk would push here with the concealed straight, and I know he is a better player than that...so my only real concern is he hit top pair too and has a better kicker.
I believe you said that you had a small PP that hand, the board was A87, so you had 66-22...How does that make you a tight bubble player? You had a decent stack to where pushing PF with a hand like that wasn't necessary
PokerStars (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is MP with 9 :D , J :) . SB posts a blind of 15. 1 fold, Hero raises to 90, Villian calls, 3 folds.Flop: J :) , Q :club: , J :D(2 players)Hero bets 155, Villian raises to 255, Hero calls.Turn: 4 :D(2 players)Hero checks, Villian bets 500, Hero raises all in, Villian calls.Playing 3 of a kind weakly on flop. Not a good idea.Then stupidly on the turn.
Your converter is messed up....How did I call your 155 and raise 100? I believe You bet 120, and I made it 375.You should have pushed here on the flop. With so many draws you should be happy to pick up the 465 I dumped in there before the turn

in all seriousness, last night was not unlike my typical cash.I tend to linger on the bottom and survive.Taking one dbl thru to keep me in the mix (66 vs IQ's AJ)Had Yahkin folded, h'es at 3800 and me 3000 with the Eddie and Tremomey splitting the other 12,700If I were Yahkin, I'd want to avoid trying to outplay me on the bubble with a similar short stack, too. :club:

I believe you said that you had a small PP that hand, the board was A87, so you had 66-22...How does that make you a tight bubble player? You had a decent stack to where pushing PF with a hand like that wasn't necessary
Yeah, I had 44. I instafolded to a rather small raise. A leadout bet in HU when an Ace comes on the flop is pretty standard(feeler bet), whether you have one or not. My instafold represents passive or tight play.I played 3 more hands after that and I checked through or check folded every one of them. Very passive. Any time I was raised or re-raised I folded for several hands in a row. :club: Maybe the only one that thought I was playing tight once we got to 4 people was me. lol