Fcp Strat Tournament #7

I believe you said that you had a small PP that hand, the board was A87, so you had 66-22...How does that make you a tight bubble player? You had a decent stack to where pushing PF with a hand like that wasn't necessaryYour converter is messed up....How did I call your 155 and raise 100? I believe You bet 120, and I made it 375.You should have pushed here on the flop. With so many draws you should be happy to pick up the 465 I dumped in there before the turn
been having problems with the converter lately...my plan was to throw out a weak looking bet on the flop, hoping you'd raise. and then i was gonna shove over the top. but for some reason i freaked out and thought you might have had me outkicked so i just called.as for my hand, im wondering what you put me on?
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I had 44. I instafolded to a rather small raise. A leadout bet in HU when an Ace comes on the flop is pretty standard(feeler bet), whether you have one or not. My instafold represents passive or tight play.I played 3 more hands after that and I checked through or check folded every one of them. Very passive. Any time I was raised or re-raised I folded for several hands in a row. :club: Maybe the only one that thought I was playing tight once we got to 4 people was me. lol
So because you played passive for FOUR hands you want us all to think youre playing tight???
been having problems with the converter lately...my plan was to throw out a weak looking bet on the flop, hoping you'd raise. and then i was gonna shove over the top. but for some reason i freaked out and thought you might have had me outkicked so i just called.as for my hand, im wondering what you put me on?
I figured it was a standard CB once you called I really didnt have a strong idea where you were. I thought you might have had a had like QT or something cause I figured you would push a J. I also thought draw was possible, but I couldnt check behind for fear if you had a Q or J you could fill up and if you had like QxTd, Id feel dumb if the river was a 4th diamond, and if you already had a boat or higher flush....nothing I really could do in that case
Couple of things..I thought I played very well early and very poorly late. I went pretty card dead once we were 4 or 5 handed however I felt Eddie and Actuary both played much better than me in particular Eddie did an extremely good job of mixing it up and utilizing his chip advantage in the BB vs. SB battles vs. me. He took advantage of the fact that I couldn't flop a pair or draw of any kind. Here is the hand in question. Seat 1: JAS II (1525 in chips) Seat 2: shpaget (915 in chips) Seat 3: KevinJA8 (2270 in chips) Seat 4: Yahkin (2815 in chips) Seat 5: Tremomey (4959 in chips) Seat 6: CancerSucks (1283 in chips) Seat 7: Zach6668 (1260 in chips) Seat 8: aucu (2605 in chips) Seat 9: PokeHerPros (1868 in chips) out of hand (moved from another table into small blind)JAS II: posts small blind 50shpaget: posts big blind 100*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Tremomey [Tc Kd]KevinJA8 said, "I made the FT, I dont care what happens now"KevinJA8: folds Tremomey said, "did you see my blew my chips today aucu"Yahkin said, "This is a communist table Tre...you need to distribute your money evenly."Yahkin: folds Tremomey: raises 200 to 300CancerSucks: folds Zach6668: calls 300aucu: calls 300JAS II: folds shpaget: folds *** FLOP *** [3s 8h 9h]aucu said, "no"Tremomey: checks Zach6668: bets 960 and is all-inaucu: calls 960Tremomey: folds KevinJA8 said, "careful all, Yahkin's only been dealt the nuts like 12 time"*** TURN *** [3s 8h 9h] [4s]*** RIVER *** [3s 8h 9h 4s] [2d]*** SHOW DOWN ***Zach6668: shows [Jd Td] (high card Jack)aucu: shows [Ah Ks] (high card Ace)aucu collected 2970 from potCancerSucks said, "gg"KevinJA8 said, "nc, gg"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2970 | Rake 0 Board [3s 8h 9h 4s 2d]Seat 1: JAS II (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 2: shpaget (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 3: KevinJA8 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: Yahkin folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: Tremomey folded on the FlopSeat 6: CancerSucks folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: Zach6668 showed [Jd Td] and lost with high card JackSeat 8: aucu (button) showed [Ah Ks] and won (2970) with high card AceIMO I'm not a big fan of Zach's call preflop.. putting 1/4 of his chips in preflop to a MP/EP raiser (albeit its me). I think a shove from him here is pretty obv and actually his bet on the flop is a pot sized bet. As far as Aucu's call.. I could see how he could think ace high is good on the flop however he still has me to act behind him. I could easily have 88 or 99 or even an overpair that was looking to trap anticipating Zach to push his short stack. If this were a HU pot it would have played out much differently.
meh, i don't know how serious you guys are taking these tourneys...but honestly..that just looks like a $11 mtt call with AK. money doesn't really hurt...and i'm doubting the prizepool is that big..good read with the call and all..but I think this would be a much tougher call to make with more money at stake/on the line.maybe im spouting off...but that's just my opinion.if auco plays higher stakes that $11 mtts often I could honestly incorporate that as one of the reasons he called (he just doesn't care)...and thus is why many established pro's have an edge over your common online qualifier in big buy in events..the online qualifier typically doesn't have a huge roll or large success in big buy in events and thus they are easier to bluff and easier to know when they are bluffing/value betting you cause they might be on scared money.basically my point is...it's $11 mtt and maybe he said "f it" as well as going with a read, per se, as to his hand.but yea, this would be 'nicer' if it was HU...3 way you'll sometimes be asking for trouble...- Jordan

That's it $100 strat tourneys from now on! j/kI think everyone takes them seriously and tries to play their best. But, I haven't played the past two weeks, but in the three I played the play was typically pretty strong.

Jordan, I understand your point but I have to say I disagree. We are all mature enough and friendly enough to not intentionally make loose/donkish calls just because its an $11 tourney. We realize it would make a bad time for those trying to play well and if stuff like that did happen, people would stop playing and we would have 3 entries a week