• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Classic Brv

he was as innocent as much as Kavanaugh doesn't like beer

The Blake Mamba

I know he was more known for his long stretch in Philly... But Wow.. 29 pounds of greenery!LinkI know the market is down, but surely there is other places for millionaires to invest their nest eggs? :club:

I know he was more known for his long stretch in Philly... But Wow.. 29 pounds of greenery!LinkI know the market is down, but surely there is other places for millionaires to invest their nest eggs? :club:
LOL at Corie Blount
Checking in before the start of this brutal 31 game stretch, of which 22 are on the road.Jan 30- Feb 8-6-game road trip, of which the first 5 games are in 7 nights.-Boston on the end of back-to-back, followed by Cleveland in the afternoon two days later.Feb 11-in Utah on the end of back-to-back to close out the first half of the season. No way they win this.Feb 18-in Oakland for the always revved up little brother rival Warriors. At least it's not a Friday night.Feb 27-Mar 1-in Mile High Denver on the end of back-to-back. I'll be there for this one.-in Phoenix less than 36 hours later for a Sunday afternoon ABC game.Mar 3-6-Their first stay at home for consecutive nights since January 27 ending a virtual 16-game 31-day road trip.Mar 9-12-3 games in 4 nights in Portland, Houston, and San Antonio. Good luck fellas.Mar 21-April 1-7 game, 11 night road trip.April 3-The always dreaded homecoming off a long road trip game vs Houston.Must stay healthy during this stretch or it's going to be a long two months.
24-7. 16-6 on the road. 3 schedule losses, and one bad home loss to Phila. Fantastic considering Bynum went down 2 games in, and they looked bored and/or tired at times. Now rest up, stay healthy, get Drew back, and stay ahead of Boston.

Taken from J.A. Adande's ESPN.com chat:Fahim (Santa Barbara, CA): Judging by Kobe's recent play, do you think this is the first year of Kobe's eventual decline? J.A. Adande: (3:55 PM ET ) Physically, yes. But that doesn't mean he has to be less effective. Jordan still won three championships when he was no longer one of the most athletic players in the league. O rly?

O rly?
Adande makes some really stupid comments sometimes, especially on ATH. Makes me wonder what he is drinking in his lounge.I don't think Kobe is declining yet, he may be showing a little wear and tear from the Olympics though.

Kobe's never been the same since his knee surgery in the summer of '06. Most people don't realize that Kobe's been coasting all season. All he does now is shoot jumpers, he's saving his body from the pounding you get when you have to get to the line 10 times a night. Sure he has to try and take over for stretches in some games, but he hasn't even approached 5th gear this year.And how about the Cavs and their schedule. They haven't had a road trip longer than 4 games all year, while the Lakers had a 6-game and 7-game in consecutive months.

Kobe's never been the same since his knee surgery in the summer of '06. Most people don't realize that Kobe's been coasting all season. All he does now is shoot jumpers, he's saving his body from the pounding you get when you have to get to the line 10 times a night. Sure he has to try and take over for stretches in some games, but he hasn't even approached 5th gear this year.And how about the Cavs and their schedule. They haven't had a road trip longer than 4 games all year, while the Lakers had a 6-game and 7-game in consecutive months.
plus let's not forget his busted up hand that he's been soldiering through this season.I mean, if Adande had pointed out all the olympic/playoff games he's got on his odometer and the fact he's been going since he was 18 professionally, then you could back up your argument a little bit stronger. Even so, *no one* in the league works harder between games/offseason as Kobe.To even suggest he's in the "lattter stage MJ" portion of his career is grossly incompetent.As for the Cavs, being on TV every other night smooths out your schedule slightly. I really don't feel like taking anything away from Cleveland tho, i was hard on them for their schedule early, and their record, regardless, speaks for itself. They've earned what they've achieved.And the Lakers/Blazers will rape them with prejudice in the Finals. And expose Cleveland as the whores they are to the viewing public. I'm patient enough to wait. :club:
plus let's not forget his busted up hand that he's been soldiering through this season.I mean, if Adande had pointed out all the olympic/playoff games he's got on his odometer and the fact he's been going since he was 18 professionally, then you could back up your argument a little bit stronger. Even so, *no one* in the league works harder between games/offseason as Kobe.To even suggest he's in the "lattter stage MJ" portion of his career is grossly incompetent.As for the Cavs, being on TV every other night smooths out your schedule slightly. I really don't feel like taking anything away from Cleveland tho, i was hard on them for their schedule early, and their record, regardless, speaks for itself. They've earned what they've achieved.And the Lakers/Blazers will rape them with prejudice in the Finals. And expose Cleveland as the whores they are to the viewing public. I'm patient enough to wait. :club:
care to make a conditional futures bet?Lakers are still favourites to win it all right now. bookies have them at 3 to 5 (pretty sick actually) to take it all.so...IF Lakers play Cavs in finals AND both Kobe/Lebron play all the games in the finals. If any condition isn't met we'll call it a wash.Give me 2.5-to-1 on Cleveland?we could do the same for Blazers but Roy/Lebron and even money odds.let me know
care to make a conditional futures bet?Lakers are still favourites to win it all right now. bookies have them at 3 to 5 (pretty sick actually) to take it all.so...IF Lakers play Cavs in finals AND both Kobe/Lebron play all the games in the finals. If any condition isn't met we'll call it a wash.Give me 2.5-to-1 on Cleveland?we could do the same for Blazers but Roy/Lebron and even money odds.let me know
where did you see that line? lakers are +180 on bodog right now and they opened at +215 on greek this morning...what kind of odds would you lay me if i wanted to bet that lakers sweep the cavs in the finals? :club:
ship five bucks on it... 2.5-1? I'm not even a laker fan lol.. should be fun. lol @ me taking portland straight up and you asking for 250% juice on Cleveland :club:
where did you see that line? lakers are +180 on bodog right now and they opened at +215 on greek this morning...what kind of odds would you lay me if i wanted to bet that lakers sweep the cavs in the finals? :club:
sorry, don't remember anymore. hmm...it must've been a top google search tho.and is the Lakers sweep Cavs a conditional bet or are you saying that exact situation is going to happen?
ship five bucks on it... 2.5-1? I'm not even a laker fan lol.. should be fun. lol @ me taking portland straight up and you asking for 250% juice on Cleveland :club:
which bet are you making??and I can't make $5 bets. it just means I lose. either you win and ask me for $ or I win and I'll forget to ask altogether. how bout $50?
sorry, don't remember anymore. hmm...it must've been a top google search tho.and is the Lakers sweep Cavs a conditional bet or are you saying that exact situation is going to happen?
if lakers and cavs happen to meet in the finals....i'd throw some money on lakers sweeping if you gave me descent odds...
Looks like Phil finally lost faith in Mr. Farmar. It's about time. Ship his ass out.
I think the Shannon Brown early sighting was more because of Fisher's foul trouble than anything else. He probably wanted to get the rotations back to where they were earlier in the year Pre-Bynum injury so they can get used to it. Only problem was Shannon Brown playing better than Farmar. Your impressions of Bynum? I thought this was like the calm before the storm. He looked really good out there the 2nd half.
I think the Shannon Brown early sighting was more because of Fisher's foul trouble than anything else. He probably wanted to get the rotations back to where they were earlier in the year Pre-Bynum injury so they can get used to it. Only problem was Shannon Brown playing better than Farmar. Your impressions of Bynum? I thought this was like the calm before the storm. He looked really good out there the 2nd half.
I thought Bynum looked good, as well as you can look after missing that much time.I missed the game tonight, but I see that Farmar played only 5 mins. Can't imagine Rambis would do that w/o Phil's instructions. GD Portland, and it looks like it's going to be Utah in the 1st rd probably. A possible long 1st rd series isn't going to be optimal.
if lakers and cavs happen to meet in the finals....i'd throw some money on lakers sweeping if you gave me descent odds...
sure, throw me a number
I thought Bynum looked good, as well as you can look after missing that much time.I missed the game tonight, but I see that Farmar played only 5 mins. Can't imagine Rambis would do that w/o Phil's instructions. GD Portland, and it looks like it's going to be Utah in the 1st rd probably. A possible long 1st rd series isn't going to be optimal.
Yeah, Utah isn't an ideal first round opponent for LA... But Dallas was such a gimme I think you guys would welcome the chance to stay sharp.The important thing is this:Both Odom and Gasol are completely hitting on all cylinders right now in the offense..Ariza is playing like a man possessed and making all the plays that don't show up in the scorer column.Kobe is a given, as always.Bynum looks *really* good. I was impressed last night with how far along he is for only being back a couple days. All this bodes well for the Lakers..Cya gents in round 2 :club:
make it 8-1 and I'm down for the $50 on the conditional futures bet.
ill do 8-1...im riskinking 50 to win 400 on lakers sweeping cavs in the finals.( if it's a lakers vs cavs finals)book itit will be official when you respond.
Yeah, Utah isn't an ideal first round opponent for LA... But Dallas was such a gimme I think you guys would welcome the chance to stay sharp.The important thing is this:Both Odom and Gasol are completely hitting on all cylinders right now in the offense..Ariza is playing like a man possessed and making all the plays that don't show up in the scorer column.Kobe is a given, as always.Bynum looks *really* good. I was impressed last night with how far along he is for only being back a couple days. All this bodes well for the Lakers..Cya gents in round 2 :club:
I wouldn't put the nail in San Antonio's coffin just yet. Just sayin'. :ts