Struggles In Online Cash Games!

Hey guys right now Im playin online on FT poker. Recently Im having major problems in their online cash games. Online, my bread and butter is NLHE and PLO sit and go's ,however, I have always won money in low limit cash games as well. In about the last three weeks it seems as if I lose every cash game. My live cash game play has been fine, but online I always lose! I play very aggressively usually, but Im trying to tighten up a little b/c i feel like i need to change things up. Has anyone else ever have these problems in online cash games? How did you go about fixing them?

It could just be variance, or maybe you play diferent becuase you are more comfortable at home, or distracted (TV? Radio?). Also you might not see money the same becuase you aren't actually holding the chips.Just random shots in the dark...

I think the money management could be a major problem. I dont think about playing w/$$ online like I do w/ real cash.PS. All the pros say u shouldnt think about money exceptfor tools of the trade......I guess that doesnt work for all people??

Always play as if the money matters. If you feel that you can lose a buy-in online and not have a problem then that's a lack of motivation. When you play live it always seems like you're playing for a significant portion of your bankroll and it's intimidating(for me at least). I feel that when I 4 table low limits and that is a typical buy-in for me live it makes it feel like the same level of importance. Don't know if that helps.

I think the money management could be a major problem. I dont think about playing w/$$ online like I do w/ real cash.PS. All the pros say u shouldnt think about money exceptfor tools of the trade......I guess that doesnt work for all people??
This is why, for me anyway, it is vital to play within my comfort zone, live and online. I play a couple of live MTT's a week that are around $40 buy in's and I have a very good percentage of cashes in these. However, when I play the "first Saturday of the month guarantee" which is $110 buy in I play way to tight and worry about losing the hundred bucks and end up playing like crap.I have just learned that, even though I can easily afford the larger buy in tourney's, I still hate the thought of "blowing" $100 so i've quit playing them and stick to the levels where I don't worry about the money.my two cents worth

What I noticed, when I have the same problem, I am playing oo many hands. When you play online you cen get 60 - 120 hands an hour per table depending on if it is short handed and if the other players are palying fast. Because you are playing hands so much faster, you may find yourself playing a lot of hands especially marginal ones in bad position, I know I have. Try tightening up or maybe even playing some limit, that always helped cool my jets.When you play live you can play as little as 20 hands an hour at a slow table.Theres my two nickles.

I here you there...For some apparant reason I get a wild hair up my a$$ and super donkey comes out of no where and I start playing like an idiot when I play online as opposed to live. I've switched over from limit to no-limit recently and I find myself donkeying off my first buy-in before I pull my head out of my a$$. It's so irritating. I know before I make my move that I shouldn't but I do it anyways. I should be winning way more than I should. OH well...I'm just bitter right now because my first session afterwork today I gave away my first buy-in.

I feel like that's an annoying level on full tilt as well. Lot of weak tight players, which for me requires an adjustment to my game so I don't get frustrated. The best advice I have for low level cash games is don't try and make things happen. Wait for them to happen and crush mistakes. Clever plays and tricky moves don't work on donkeys.

I feel like that's an annoying level on full tilt as well. Lot of weak tight players, which for me requires an adjustment to my game so I don't get frustrated. The best advice I have for low level cash games is don't try and make things happen. Wait for them to happen and crush mistakes. Clever plays and tricky moves don't work on donkeys.
QFTToo many moves can do nothing but put you on tilt. Just play tight aggressive. Cbets work, but donkeys do not fold. Trying to push bad players off hands at low levels is a death sentence for your bankroll. Playing cute is often a mistake at these levels.

I've noticed the same thing recently on FT and have had a huge negitive swing in my bankroll, I feel like my play is normal/good. I think pokerinc said it prefectly with too many weak/tight players. What I think happened is the poker bill past and everyone cashed out most of there bankrolls, and are now playing a lot weak/tighter, because of their smaller rolls. Also, because of the uncertainty of poker right now, the fish that used to deposit everyweek, are out. Lastly, the better players from party/pokerroom/ect. who made a lot of money from poker, don't wanna give it up have had to move over to sites like FT, while the losing players like before just went broke and havn't cashed back in. So the compititin level is higher. These factors plus varience, is why I believe FT has been a lot tougher lately.

That's just the thing though. Small stakes NL players at FTP aren't any BETTER. Really they're not. I've seen tons of horrible play there. Yet I can't make money at it for some reason while I was winning pretty well at the same stakes at party. I think I need to make adjustments but I'm not quite sure what they are. I think paying attention and not trying to read the forums while playing would definately help.

I should be winning way more than I should.
Never were there truer words spoken
It's probably because it's 3:30am, but I can't work out if either (or both) of you are joking, or whether delasoul mistyped and you misread.
Never were there truer words spokenIt's probably because it's 3:30am, but I can't work out if either (or both) of you are joking, or whether delasoul mistyped and you misread.
I was thinking the same thing... the sarcasm is far too dry for me to work it out :club: To the OP, you should come to Pokerstars... I play around the same level - sometimes a little higher .50/1.00, always 6 seat max, and the games are almost always extremely soft.A solid tight agressive game works. Period.I almost never try to get 'clever' or bluff the serious fish. In the main, you can let them try the clever stuff for themselves, as they don't seem to respect raises from early position and consistently call with bad hands out of position.2 almost identical examples from about 3 hours ago when I was playing. I won 2 $40/45 pots (all in). Both times I had a set, both times they came over the top all in, after my check raise for double the pot. Both times they had just top pair, with medium kicker.I agree that maybe people loosen up online and play more marginal hands from all positions. (Lots of people watch High Stakes Poker, they think they're DN or Sammy Farha... only without the skill...great huh?!) Therefore, if you are playing loose aggressive on a lower-limit table, your success may vary much more.So, tighten up, play good hands... and you'll find that you will regularly get paid big when you hit, as they are more than willing to make big mistakes for you. But be prepared, if you miss, to not get too involved in pulling off a big bluff. Just be patient, they will pay you off in the end.p.s - to cwik... your avatar keeps looking at me when it thinks I am not looking :D