Aces Eight Times Today

First two hands I played while mutiplaying... yuckPokerStars Game #6859290415: Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2006/11/01 - 22:15:03 (ET)Table 'Reni' 9-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 1: I_like_monky ($14.65 in chips) Seat 2: aptigers ($13.25 in chips) Seat 3: gammpaw ($2.55 in chips) Seat 4: m1aircraft ($24 in chips) Seat 5: ThickMick ($28.75 in chips) Seat 6: cdale14 ($17.65 in chips) Seat 7: monkeyo ($19.60 in chips) Seat 8: jh7c ($46.90 in chips) Seat 9: jsim1020 ($11.40 in chips) jsim1020: posts small blind $0.10I_like_monky: posts big blind $0.25*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to I_like_monky [Kh Kc]aptigers: folds gammpaw: folds m1aircraft: folds ThickMick: folds cdale14: raises $1.40 to $1.65monkeyo: folds jh7c: folds jsim1020: folds I_like_monky: raises $13 to $14.65 and is all-incdale14: calls $13*** FLOP *** [2s Ts 8d]*** TURN *** [2s Ts 8d] [6s]*** RIVER *** [2s Ts 8d 6s] [7c]*** SHOW DOWN ***I_like_monky: shows [Kh Kc] (a pair of Kings)cdale14: shows [9c 9s] (a straight, Six to Ten)cdale14 collected $27.95 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $29.40 | Rake $1.45 Board [2s Ts 8d 6s 7c]Seat 1: I_like_monky (big blind) showed [Kh Kc] and lost with a pair of KingsSeat 2: aptigers folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: gammpaw folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: m1aircraft folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: ThickMick folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: cdale14 showed [9c 9s] and won ($27.95) with a straight, Six to TenSeat 7: monkeyo folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: jh7c (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: jsim1020 (small blind) folded before FlopPokerStars Game #6859197003: Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2006/11/01 - 22:08:43 (ET)Table 'Prokne III' 9-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: SpBaseball07 ($9 in chips) Seat 2: MyBigPickle ($21.50 in chips) Seat 3: Spagiari ($25.70 in chips) Seat 4: 7th Angel ($24.65 in chips) Seat 6: daver911 ($13.55 in chips) Seat 7: easymoney402 ($12.95 in chips) Seat 8: brindle84 ($12.15 in chips) Seat 9: I_like_monky ($15.25 in chips) MyBigPickle: posts small blind $0.10Spagiari: posts big blind $0.25Johnthestraw: sits out *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to I_like_monky [As Ac]7th Angel: folds daver911: folds easymoney402: folds brindle84: calls $0.25I_like_monky: raises $0.75 to $1SpBaseball07: calls $1MyBigPickle: folds Spagiari: folds brindle84: calls $0.75*** FLOP *** [2d Js 8c]brindle84: bets $0.75I_like_monky: raises $1.25 to $2SpBaseball07: folds brindle84: calls $1.25*** TURN *** [2d Js 8c] [8d]brindle84: checks I_like_monky: bets $3.75brindle84: raises $3.75 to $7.50I_like_monky: raises $3.75 to $11.25brindle84: calls $1.65 and is all-in*** RIVER *** [2d Js 8c 8d] [Qc]*** SHOW DOWN ***brindle84: shows [8h Kh] (three of a kind, Eights)I_like_monky: mucks hand brindle84 collected $24.40 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $25.65 | Rake $1.25 Board [2d Js 8c 8d Qc]Seat 1: SpBaseball07 (button) folded on the FlopSeat 2: MyBigPickle (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 3: Spagiari (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 4: 7th Angel folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: daver911 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: easymoney402 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: brindle84 showed [8h Kh] and won ($24.40) with three of a kind, EightsSeat 9: I_like_monky mucked [As Ac]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I_like_monky: bets $3.75brindle84: raises $3.75 to $7.50I_like_monky: raises $3.75 to $11.25brindle84: calls $1.65 and is all-in
This may be results oriented thinking, but when he min-raises for all but $1.65, he has an 8.Still, variance is a *****.
This may be results oriented thinking, but when he min-raises for all but $1.65, he has an 8.Still, variance is a *****.
Yes.. that was a bad call on my part now that I see it... I was just thinking in my head that he had AJ or something like that. Surprised he called my preflop raise with an 8ks or whatever garbage it was

~27k isn't a big enough sample, but, yes, I'd think it could potentially be a bad thing. If after 270k hands, you have the same results, I might be concerned.If you're open-raising 12 x BB or open-pushing them and winning 90% it's certainly a problem.Edit; Not directed at you, so much, Zach. I know you don't open to 24 at the 1/2 game.

Monday night cash game, 1-2 blinds, short-handed, I caught aces 5 times, lost once when guy goes all in after my raise with Kings and hits set. It was only 25 more for me to call, so I wasn't too devestated

Hi.You were playing $25 NL.Are you kidding me with this?Good luck.
good point.. I don't like losing big chunks of money though. I was playing 2/5$ live the other day and after about 2 hours was up around 400$. Then this guy who is a complete maniac and who I had seen buy in 8 times that night sits down. I see him makes bluffs all the time with absolutely nothing. Anyway my AQ hits an ace on the flop and after betting he raises all in. He didn't have that much more so I call. I've seen him do this so many times with nothing, but he ends up having AK. Damn... next hand I get QQ and the maniac gets AA... Anyway.. I thought about those two hands for a long time. I was gonna leave when I was up 400, but the only reason I stayed was because he sat down and I know how bad he is. I guess I need to stop worrying about the money so much and just play good poker

I'm at 95% with aces and there the hand thats won me the most. Never slow play them unless there is a big raise in fron of me. If its a small raise I'll triple their raise. I always open 3-5 times the BB. Almost always bet on the flop. These results are all from 25Nl, 50NL and 100NL. If i'm losing out on money with aces it can't be too much.

your not the only one running bad. ive been running bad for 2 months now, and i was finally making progress, when in the last half hour, i lost with AA to 33, AA to JJ, then KK to QQ. i was the favorite in all hands, and were all in preflop after i re reiased them all in. oh well hopefully varience kicks in for me soon.

your not the only one running bad. ive been running bad for 2 months now, and i was finally making progress, when in the last half hour, i lost with AA to 33, AA to JJ, then KK to QQ. i was the favorite in all hands, and were all in preflop after i re reiased them all in. oh well hopefully varience kicks in for me soon.
See ... that's the ***** about variance. If you never go in bad, you can't get the variance kickbacks.
good point.. I don't like losing big chunks of money though. I was playing 2/5$ live the other day and after about 2 hours was up around 400$. Then this guy who is a complete maniac and who I had seen buy in 8 times that night sits down. I see him makes bluffs all the time with absolutely nothing. Anyway my AQ hits an ace on the flop and after betting he raises all in. He didn't have that much more so I call. I've seen him do this so many times with nothing, but he ends up having AK. Damn... next hand I get QQ and the maniac gets AA... Anyway.. I thought about those two hands for a long time. I was gonna leave when I was up 400, but the only reason I stayed was because he sat down and I know how bad he is. I guess I need to stop worrying about the money so much and just play good poker
Play good poker. Ignore short term results. Think long term, and keep getting it in with the best of it, and the probability distribution will even out.