Aces Eight Times Today

I had aces 8 times today and lost everytime. So sickening. Some were worse than others, like being up against a guy who had KK and the board came 6JQ10A giving him a straight. Oh some donk going all in after a flop of Q75 with Pocket sixes only to hit his six on the turn. Variance is a cruel *****, I don't think I've ever had a run like that. Somehow I was able to stay dead even on the day, which would mean if I won just half the time I had aces I'd be rolling in dough right now. oh well!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have been playing online.
haha, I lol'd at that one.BBFIDTS.variance IS quite a bitch, don't know what to say... just keep getting it all in w/ AA aginst their lower pairs... and don't worry. There is another side to the variance... sometimes.
this seems like an exageration
Yes, you would think so, I was in disbelief myself!!! It was terrible. My girlfriend was even watching, and when I would get aces I jokingly said to her, "let's see how i lose this time" and sure enough, a flush would come or some sick crap. No exageration
Yes, you would think so, I was in disbelief myself!!! It was terrible. My girlfriend was even watching, and when I would get aces I jokingly said to her, "let's see how i lose this time" and sure enough, a flush would come or some sick crap. No exageration
Is there more to the pic in your av?/ If so...post it up :club: Oh yeah.. Variance Sucks!
only because she was coming up for air, right?
Is there more to the pic in your av?/ If so...post it up :club: Oh yeah.. Variance Sucks!
That's my girlfriend. Mentioned how I liked some outfit they were selling in Playboy and she bought it and surprised me a few weekends ago. She loves watching sports and poker too. I'm pretty damn lucky to have met her I'd say.
Who gets AA more than once a quarter?
isnt AA only 90% at best to win? if youre winning 97% of the time youre on fire
not to make you feel bad, but PT says I win 96.97% of the time I've gotten Aces. Cash Games........ just throwing that in there.
I'm sure I usually do too, but it was just a bad run today. Why i made a post.

Winning 97% of the time with AA is definitely not unreal. PT takes into account hands won without showdown, which will happen a LOT in NL, esp if you play AA as aggressively as you should, SO, this means that hands that may have outflopped you fold, or hands that would catch the turn, fold the flop, etc. I think. I'm tired.

That's my girlfriend. Mentioned how I liked some outfit they were selling in Playboy and she bought it and surprised me a few weekends ago. She loves watching sports and poker too. I'm pretty damn lucky to have met her I'd say.
your g/f ok's playboy? where did you meet her? lol