just curious to know what ya'll do after taking a horrible beat.haha course I just took one, not complaining it happens.i was deep in a tourny and blahanyway i just walked around my house yelling **** **** **** ****.anyone have any interesting stories or mishaps after getting your *** handed to you in the form of a b ad beat?

haha just realized you couldn't swear, i was saying the f word fyi
I thought you just spoke in tiny packs of stars, assembled in rows of 4.Like this...'****" No? Filter's still working? Ok then, carry on.

I am night and day when it comes to poker. When I play live I act the same when I win a big pot or take a bad beat. Of course inside I am screaming. When I play online that is a different story, I curse, walk outside and yell, throw stuff. My neighbors probably think they live next to a crazy man!

I am night and day when it comes to poker. When I play live I act the same when I win a big pot or take a bad beat. Of course inside I am screaming. When I play online that is a different story, I curse, walk outside and yell, throw stuff. My neighbors probably think they live next to a crazy man!
if this is how you act over this then they do

If i am playing online, I can get pretty pissed b/c i am by myself. I normally dont type a bunch of smack talk...i just say "nh" If I am playing live, i dont the same thing if i win or lose. I just tap the table twice. If it was a bad beat I try to say "nice hand" I dont like to tell the person how bad he has been playing. b/c I want him/her to keep on doing what they are doing.But inside I am steaming. :club:

there donkeys
Where?Sorry. Hopefully Checky is around to laugh at that...Actually when I take a bad beat I usually find myself screaming: DAMMIT COULD I HIT A GUTSHOT JUST ONE TIME IN MY LIFE????? ;)Mark
I normally dont type a bunch of smack talk...i just say "nh"
I hate it when people say that to someone who just sucked out, regardless of their role. I just had AA beaten by KT (all in preflop), and some random guy at the table says "nh" after. WTF? Flopped quads when limping with 72o UTG? "nh" WTF?I always make sure to compliment someone when they actually play a hand well, though. Especially if they took some of my money in the process.As to the original topic, I never really react outwardly at all. Maybe I'm just unemotional.
I hate it when people say that to someone who just sucked out, regardless of their role. I just had AA beaten by KT (all in preflop), and some random guy at the table says "nh" after. WTF? Flopped quads when limping with 72o UTG? "nh" WTF?I always make sure to compliment someone when they actually play a hand well, though. Especially if they took some of my money in the process.
I agree with what you're saying 100% but sometimes players do that to "encourage" the donkeys to keep making donktastic plays, I have done it too. Usually the good players know I am doing this and the bad ones think, "Yeah, it was, wasn't it? I won the chips, I should do it again."It usually works well against donks.
I agree with what you're saying 100% but sometimes players do that to "encourage" the donkeys to keep making donktastic plays, I have done it too. Usually the good players know I am doing this and the bad ones think, "Yeah, it was, wasn't it? I won the chips, I should do it again."It usually works well against donks.
That is exactly why i say nh when I get beat by a donk. There is no reason to tell a donk how bad they are playing, b.c in some cases it will encourage them to start playing better.
Group: MembersPosts: 1,173Joined: September 25th, 2006Member No.: 23,831Favorite Poker Game: FCP poker baby!Damn dude, get a life instead of trollingif you had any skillz you'd be at the tables instead of posting

For the past several months I have actually surprised myself with taking my bad beats in stride and not really reacting. Up until a few weeks ago I would type in the chat box "nh" or tell them "well played". Now I do a little acting with my chat, if a bad beat happens I stay pretty calm except I let my opponents think otherwise and just go nuts in the chat box. I find that it allows me to laugh at the bad beat and gives my opponents the impression that I have reached uber-tilt. This allows me to play my usual game (mostly TAG) and gives off the impression that I lost it and will be paying them all off (in turn they pay me off instead)...

if you had any skillz you'd be at the tables instead of posting
I am, thanks. Ever heard of online poker? You can play and be on a forum at the same time. It's neat! See "Multi-tasking"Multitasking - The ability of an operating system to run more than one program simultaneously, allowing the user to easily switch and share information between applications

i usually take a walk, compute the odds of the hand in my head, mutter something like, "unfu@kingbelievable!" a few times, then think that if idiots didn't get lucky once in awhile, they wouldn't come back.these days for me bad beats are relative. a beat in a $15 home SNG is nowhere near as bad as a beat in a $3-$5 live NL game. i take far more beats than i give, as i'm sure do most decent players like the ones in these forums, so it seems like the luck factor isn't very even when in reality it's better to not have to depend on luck.

I am, thanks. Ever heard of online poker? You can play and be on a forum at the same time. It's neat! See "Multi-tasking"Multitasking - The ability of an operating system to run more than one program simultaneously, allowing the user to easily switch and share information between applications
I guess when i am playing online in 3-4 rooms, I like to listen to music so that i can truley concentrate on taking OPMbtw, when did you get your breast done?

I think the first step to recovery is to not tell bad beat stories, especially to other poker players who have most likely experienced them in similar amounts. Most players are gracious and won't say anything while one person is babbling, but on the inside they are thinking "I don't want to hear it. I've lived it already."The best thing to do is to act like you would in any other sport: be gracious in victory and gracious in defeat. Just know that bad beats are part of poker and, by virtue of the fact that they are bad beats, they will not occur as often as you winning a pot with solid play.

I guess when i am playing online in 3-4 rooms, I like to listen to music so that i can truley concentrate on taking OPM
That makes no sense...If listening to music is what makes you "concentrate" then posting on FCP makes me "concentrate."Oh, and some don't have to try as hard as others to win, just saying.
WEAK joke Mark!Teddy
OMG die Teddy! ;)Mark
I soooo agree with this. Even good players succumb to the 'wow I won, I must have played that well' disease with just a little encouragement. Which is why I just cannot stand when someone goes off at a table, especially online where you don't even have to hide your emotions. I just want to strangle people sometimes and say: DON'T TELL THEM HOW BAD THEY ARE! JUST LET THEM GIVE US ALL THEIR MONEY!Biggest pet peeve in poker for me, ainec.Mark
MarkI soooo agree with this. Even good players succumb to the 'wow I won, I must have played that well' disease with just a little encouragement. Which is why I just cannot stand when someone goes off at a table, especially online where you don't even have to hide your emotions. I just want to strangle people sometimes and say: DON'T TELL THEM HOW BAD THEY ARE! JUST LET THEM GIVE US ALL THEIR MONEY!Biggest pet peeve in poker for me, ainec.Mark
ZOMG we agree again...this is getting scary.