Everyone Please Read

I know that I haven't been around as much lately. I've been super busy. I do stop by the forum just about every night to see how things are going, but I haven't done a lot of writing.I decided to create this thread because I saw something today that was truly shocking.Blair Rodman came onto the forum and started a thread about saving online poker. Granted, we have several threads that address this very issue. But like most pro poker players, I'm sure that he was really busy. Not to say that I'm not and you aren't either. But I believe if and when someone stops by our forum, we should treat them with respect. That goes for all people. A person deserves respect, until he does something stupid should you take it away. He didn't do anything stupid. To my knowledge he isn't even associated with any poker site. I don't know him, and have never met him. But he has always struck me as being a great guy. The thread that he created is in your best interest. Why attack him? I have always done everything that I can to help Full Contact Poker Forum. I ask that you guys please try and show support and kindness to others who come here. I would honestly appreciate it. Thanks.Steve

I agree 100%.I know Blair a little from his site where I played before I came here. He is a sincere guy with the credibility to speak about poker.I think in all the bashing one of his key points got over looked: The large poker sites should put up some money and take this one down.There are entirely too many thread nazis around here, in my oppinion. It gets to be more tiring and less useful than the threads they complain about.It's like tricking retarded kids, yeah, it's fun for a while, but, it gets old.

I know that I haven't been around as much lately. I've been super busy. I do stop by the forum just about every night to see how things are going, but I haven't done a lot of writing.I decided to create this thread because I saw something today that was truly shocking.Blair Rodman came onto the forum and started a thread about saving online poker. Granted, we have several threads that address this very issue. But like most pro poker players, I'm sure that he was really busy. Not to say that I'm not and you aren't either. But I believe if and when someone stops by our forum, we should treat them with respect. That goes for all people. A person deserves respect, until he does something stupid should you take it away. He didn't do anything stupid. To my knowledge he isn't even associated with any poker site. I don't know him, and have never met him. But he has always struck me as being a great guy. The thread that he created is in your best interest. Why attack him? I have always done everything that I can to help Full Contact Poker Forum. I ask that you guys please try and show support and kindness to others who come here. I would honestly appreciate it. Thanks.Steve
100% correct, I feel this makes us look bad as a community. I know I am guilty of sometimes not being respectful to new members, so I feel we should all take Steve's advice and show more class and treat people how we want to be treated.
100% correct, I feel this makes us look bad as a community. I know I am guilty of sometimes not being respectful to new members, so I feel we should all take Steve's advice and show more class and treat people how we want to be treated.
Plus, it wasn't like he was UFO 626, it was Blair Rodman...
100% correct, I feel this makes us look bad as a community.
This community is far from "good". It's almost as if posters with over 500 posts are "respected" anyway, while 96% of those posts are "trying to be fun".

Obviously I agree. Unfortunately people that aren't respectful to the masses probably aren't going to be respectful to anyone. I'd like to see the tone of the forum in general switch back to a happier, more friendly place.That being said, I love you all :)Mark

Agreed 100%. The post was well thought out and verbalized. If we could get the kids heads out of their ASSES, they might realize people care about other things than trying to look cool. I appreciate the input from someone who has a LOT more riding on this than I do.

Why don't you just close the General Poker Forum?It is obviously useless.There is an Off Topic or something somewhere down people can talk about non sense bullshit in there.

Why don't you just close the General Poker Forum?It is obviously useless.There is an Off Topic or something somewhere down people can talk about non sense bullshit in there.
General poker forum used to be, and can be a great place. It is where people can express general poker ideas, update each other on what's going in poker, provide information on which fcp'rs are at a final table ina tournament. There are many uses for the General Forum. Sadly, most of the people who used to post in it regularly have left and gone off to smaller circles in off topic.
General poker forum used to be, and can be a great place. It is where people can express general poker ideas, update each other on what's going in poker, provide information on which fcp'rs are at a final table ina tournament. There are many uses for the General Forum. Sadly, most of the people who used to post in it regularly have left and gone off to smaller circles in off topic.
I dont think the problem is that people that used to post regularly went to off topic, IMO the problem is that there are so many other smaller sections now that not much relaly fits into general, half the actual poker related threads posted in general get moved into some other section where no one is able to find them so this doesnt leave much, and what it leaves are the really stupid broad questions that are the same questions asked my people over and over again. If there were less sub forums or if many actual poker related posts werent moved out of general then it would get more positive use.

not sure why this is a new thread, since you said the exact same thing in that thread. i guess i'll do what neither you nor blair did, and only respond in the proper place.i dunno, i guess i just don't feel that because someone is on TV, he gets treated differently.

This is my 15th post and havent been flamed yet (believe me i expected it as have been lurkin 4 a while)I see this post has been rather nice nice and figger a few of you need to vent so giverlet me give you some fodder. I'm Polish and havent heard a good polish joke in a while so Have @ it

I dont think the problem is that people that used to post regularly went to off topic, IMO the problem is that there are so many other smaller sections now that not much relaly fits into general, half the actual poker related threads posted in general get moved into some other section where no one is able to find them so this doesnt leave much, and what it leaves are the really stupid broad questions that are the same questions asked my people over and over again. If there were less sub forums or if many actual poker related posts werent moved out of general then it would get more positive use.
I agree with this to some extent. Usually I go to FCP, look on the bottom right for a thread I want to read in General, and it turns out it gets moved somewhere else. It's a tough spot to be in, you don't want to read the same bad beats over and over, or the same strat threads, but the forum is so separated now that anything that doesnt fit into any of the subsections is 90% stupid.
This is my 15th post and havent been flamed yet (believe me i expected it as have been lurkin 4 a while)I see this post has been rather nice nice and figger a few of you need to vent so giverlet me give you some fodder. I'm Polish and havent heard a good polish joke in a while so Have @ it
guy walks into a bar laughing hysterically and goes up to the bartender..."Hey man, I just hear the greatest Pollock joke I've ever heard in my life..."To which the batender replies, "Well pal, I'm Polish, and you see those two bouncers over there? There the Kolinsky brothers. You still wanna tell that joke?"The guy looked at the bouncers and back to the bartender and said"Nah, I don't want to have to explain it three times."
I agree with this to some extent. Usually I go to FCP, look on the bottom right for a thread I want to read in General, and it turns out it gets moved somewhere else. It's a tough spot to be in, you don't want to read the same bad beats over and over, or the same strat threads, but the forum is so separated now that anything that doesnt fit into any of the subsections is 90% stupid.
then why not go to the forum that suits what you are looking for. You think that this place is a mess now, try having a sole strat forum, a sole OT forum, and a general poker forum, that would be a massive mess and would be a pain for people trying to find a thread that they want to see
then why not go to the forum that suits what you are looking for. You think that this place is a mess now, try having a sole strat forum, a sole OT forum, and a general poker forum, that would be a massive mess and would be a pain for people trying to find a thread that they want to see
Like I said, it's a tough spot to be in. I never suggested that it be changed back, I just said that this probably contributed to the downfall of general. The only things I see now that I've seen now and when I joined are rail threads, Krablar threads, and idiotic/repeat threads. Everything else gets moved to their respective section.
So an Italian guy, an Irish guy, and a Polish guy are roofers working on a high-rise when they stop to have lunch.The Italian guy opens his lunchbox and finds a meatball sub. he complains, " a meatball sub again, if i have a meatball sub again in my lunchbox tomorrow, i'm jumping off the building."the Irish guy opens his lunchbox and finds a ham and cheese sandwich. he complains "ham and cheese again, if i get ham and cheese again tomorrow, i'm jumping too."the Polish guy opens his lunchbox and finds a pastrami sandwich. he complains"pastrami again, i get pastrami again tomorrow, im jumping too"lunchtime tomorrowthe Italian guy opens his lunchbox and finds a turkey sandwich. "ahh he says, i love turkey and starts eating"the Irish guy opens his lunchbox and finds a corned beef sandwich. "ahh he says, i love corned beef and starts eating."the Polish guy opens his lunchbox and finds another pastrami sandwich. he closes the lunchbox and jumps off the building.the Italian and Irish guy crack up laughing. The foreman run over and asks what happened and the guys explain the story. The foreman says thats terrible, he jumped off the building. What's so funny about that!!The guys reply "he makes his own lunch"welcome to the forum.
I know it's an open forum, but perhaps a quicker ban trigger finger would solve a lot of this. One warning, and then gone. I think this is reasonable.
then I'd have to deal with a lot of the stupid nazi mod crap even more then I have to right now. Its a no win situation

Just so there's no misunderstanding...when I talk about thread nazis, I'm not in anyway referring to the moderators. I speak of the guys that have to talk about the threads being stupid, instead of ignoring them and letting them scroll off. They seem to think their idea of a good thread is the only one that counts, and they can just trash threads at will. I've been a moderator at some pretty big sites, and own a forum, I know what a moderator has to put up with. I don't ***** about it whether I like the decisions or not. Somebody has to make them.

Just so there's no misunderstanding...when I talk about thread nazis, I'm not in anyway referring to the moderators. I speak of the guys that have to talk about the threads being stupid, instead of ignoring them and letting them scroll off. They seem to think their idea of a good thread is the only one that counts, and they can just trash threads at will. I've been a moderator at some pretty big sites, and own a forum, I know what a moderator has to put up with. I don't ***** about it whether I like the decisions or not. Somebody has to make them.
QFMFT, big time.