With The Bankroll On The Line

I've pretty much laid it out.You have to assume that we never can play poker again for money if we lose this hand. That was the point of the post. Risk of Ruin.Being even 50% on this hand to win a big pot is not worth never playing again.We also have the assumption that we are a good player and should expect to make money in the future from poker. You also have to ignore the fact we are too dumb to know to not sit in this game with 2k. Changing the parameters of the OP, one can find a call. But not laid out as it was.
Call.
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actuary, you have to realize.This question is context sensitive. The best answer is different for every person.Someone who in their heart knows that they suck at poker has little to lose by never being able to play again. In fact, in a lot of cases they may be better off.

I've pretty much laid it out.You have to assume that we never can play poker again for money if we lose this hand. That was the point of the post. Risk of Ruin.Being even 50% on this hand to win a big pot is not worth never playing again.We also have the assumption that we are a good player and should expect to make money in the future from poker. You also have to ignore the fact we are too dumb to know to not sit in this game with 2k. Changing the parameters of the OP, one can find a call. But not laid out as it was.
im just gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you to get you to repeat yourself again.

Risk of ruin means you have to start over from scratch, not you cant ever play again.as i said before this isnt a risk of ruin scenario, its a risk of somehow never being able to play again even if you want to?!?!?!?!easy call

Risk of ruin means you have to start over from scratch, not you cant ever play again.as i said before this isnt a risk of ruin scenario, its a risk of somehow never being able to play again even if you want to?!?!?!?!easy call
You really have low comprehension skills.How is this not ruin?
so if we could start over ( Risk of Ruin ) then you might fold; but if you cannot ever play again for money ( this scenario ), you call?even if we let that technicality slide for Ruin <> Never Play Again, how do you call when you won't get to play again 50+% of the time?Are you bad with Math/Economics/Poker which one?****************Zach,Dane is the new Bascomeb.He's flustered at how stupid he looked in the Deal No Deal = monty hall thread. He knows I'm right here as well... so let him have fun. It's funny. sad. But funny. He'll never have the respect you or Abbaddaba or even I have on here.
Zach,Dane is the new Bascomeb.He's flustered at how stupid he looked in the Deal No Deal = monty hall thread. He knows I'm right here as well... so let him have fun. It's funny. sad. But funny. He'll never have the respect you or Abbaddaba or even I have on here.
Yeah, I'm done. :club:
Again?
so if we could start over
Oh, now you want to start over?
even if we let that technicality slide for Ruin <> Never Play Again, how do you call when you won't get to play again 50+% of the time?
If you keep folding hands in which you're not a 90%+ favorite, you'll be out of money before long anyway. It's like playing in a tournament when your stack is 20x the big blind, you wait for good cards, then it's 10x the big blind, you wait for more cards. Eventually, you have to pick a hand and run with it. In a tournament, I like to pick a hand at around 10x the big blind and put the other players to a decision. If you wait until your stack is 3x the big blind, you'll have three or four callers putting you to a big disadvantage, unless you get really lucky.In this case, you're getting better odds on your money than the odds of making your hand. If you win the hand, the big payoff can be used to make a lot more $$$.
Dane is the new Bascomeb.
Nice compliment for Bascomed.
He's flustered at how stupid he looked in the Deal No Deal = monty hall thread.
Wrong. You're bothered that the world doesn't bow down to you and tell you that you're right. You're not going to convince anyone and I'm not trying to convince you. I'm telling you what I would do, based on the circumstances given in the hypothetical, and I've justified my position.
He'll never have the respect you or Abbaddaba or even I have on here.
I'm not here to gain anyone's respect.
Easy call. We win this almost half the time, and we're getting good odds on our money. Think about it: if you call you win a lot of the time and end up with a big stack. Anyone who says that this is a fold knows nothing about pot odds or equity. It's really simple, people. I haven't looked at the responses at all, but I'm sure that everyone agrees with me.
And Actuary's response is:
I will kill you. But I"m laughing too hard.You did not get me!!See, I know you're too smart.
Bingo !!!Here's the best play by play:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...t&p=1495232

Dane,lol at you suggesting yorke was being serious.lol at you suggesting calling off your BR is analogous to calling off your stack in a tournamentyou can't be as dumb as you act.so, it's kinda funny. keep it up. I know you will

lol at you suggesting calling off your BR is analogous to calling off your stack in a tournament
To clarify, I didn't say "calling off." Not playing this hand to the end and losing 45% of the stack invested (was it $900 of $2000?) when the odds to call in outweigh the odds of making the winner is analogous to getting "blinded off" in a tournament. Eventually, one needs to make a stand. Based on the odds, this is the right time.
lol at you suggesting yorke was being serious.
You imply that he wasn't serious. He never said, or implied, that he wasn't.
Easy call. We win this almost half the time, and we're getting good odds on our money. Think about it: if you call you win a lot of the time and end up with a big stack. Anyone who says that this is a fold knows nothing about pot odds or equity. It's really simple, people. I haven't looked at the responses at all, but I'm sure that everyone agrees with me.
To clarify, I didn't say "calling off." Not playing this hand to the end and losing 45% of the stack invested (was it $900 of $2000?) when the odds to call in outweigh the odds of making the winner is analogous to getting "blinded off" in a tournament. Eventually, one needs to make a stand. Based on the odds, this is the right time.
no it's not.good try though.no, not even a good trywe can leave this game with $1100We can't cash out in a tourney
You imply that he wasn't serious. He never said, or implied, that he wasn't.
you are bascomeb.no sense of sarcasm meter
I thought you were done ???
no it's not.good try though.no, not even a good try
Make up your mind.
no sense of sarcasm meter
Nice try - "yeah, I was only kidding" when confronted with the statement in question.
Easy call . We win this almost half the time, and we're getting good odds on our money. Think about it: if you call you win a lot of the time and end up with a big stack. Anyone who says that this is a fold knows nothing about pot odds or equity. It's really simple, people. I haven't looked at the responses at all, but I'm sure that everyone agrees with me .
Yorke's no tiebreaker. He's just another person. But I know that his viewpoint on this issue bothers you as you've shown in a previous post:
I will kill you. But I"m laughing too hard.You did not get me!!See, I know you're too smart.
Act, just leave him alone. Let him continue to troll in his own world.Custom warned me about feeding the trolls, and Dane specifically, let's just end this and let him troll on elsewhere.
Zach, you're not contributing. You're just trying to hit that 80+ posts per day.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...x.php?act=Stats(From the Wizard of Oz) Disregard the young man (Zach) behind the curtain. It's been a long time since he commented on topic in this thread.
Zach, you're not contributing. You're just trying to maintain that 80+ posts per day.(From the Wizard of Oz) Disregard the young man (Zach) behind the curtain. It's been a long time since he commented on topic in this thread.
This thread is like beating a dead horse. We've covered all angles.I contribute more than enough everywhere else.You, on the other hand, do not.Good day.