Bad Run Need Advice

ok, well here has been my story for the last couple weeks of playing poker with friends, me having ace king bets, another person calls, flop comes king 2 4, i raise all in(short stack) the guys says ok i guess im getting odds, calls shows ace queen, with 3 clubs, total, the turn and river are both clubs, tonight i had pocker 9's (first hand) i re-raise after it has be raised from a guy i think who may have ace queen or ace somthing because he never normally plays hand without a ace, anyways the flop comes ace, ace, ace.... giving me a full house and what i think is quad aces for the guy, he throws in 300(start with 1700), i call, the turn comes a 5, he checks, i bet 400 and he calls, the river comes a 5 for a full house on the board, he moves all in right away, after about 5 min of thinking it over i believe he has the ace and i fold and he shows ace 3, then to get out i get rivered to a guy who has ace 3 to my ace 7. sorry im kinda on a rant and my gramer isnt good, but i felt like i need to get this out and i need to figure how to get out of this runt that im in, any tips?

When the cards slap you in the face there's not a whole lot you can do about it. The best advice I can give you is to try your best to not let it phase you. As hard as that may be, and believe me it IS hard, it's just something you must do in order to save yourself from going crazy. Poker is all about making correct decisions, and as long as you make those correct decisions then you will be a winner. Sometimes you may make correct decisions and the results will not be what you desire (ex, getting drawn out on by a 2 outer on the river), but keep in mind that, because you did make the right decisions, you gained from it and your long-term results will show that. Don't let a bad run of cards kill your confidence, just keep playing smart poker and eventually your variance will turn around. Good luck.

ok, well here has been my story for the last couple weeks of playing poker with friends, me having ace king bets, another person calls, flop comes king 2 4, i raise all in(short stack) the guys says ok i guess im getting odds, calls shows ace queen, with 3 clubs, total, the turn and river are both clubs, tonight i had pocker 9's (first hand) i re-raise after it has be raised from a guy i think who may have ace queen or ace somthing because he never normally plays hand without a ace, anyways the flop comes ace, ace, ace.... giving me a full house and what i think is quad aces for the guy, he throws in 300(start with 1700), i call, the turn comes a 5, he checks, i bet 400 and he calls, the river comes a 5 for a full house on the board, he moves all in right away, after about 5 min of thinking it over i believe he has the ace and i fold and he shows ace 3, then to get out i get rivered to a guy who has ace 3 to my ace 7. sorry im kinda on a rant and my gramer isnt good, but i felt like i need to get this out and i need to figure how to get out of this runt that im in, any tips?
I'm with Actuary, and I decided it was time for someone to drop the hammer on the poor kid, since no one else did. Are you fucking kidding me....Joke account right? This is a joke right? Funny hahaha, joke, right? You lost 3 hands and now you have reason to believe that the poker gods have cast your futile poker future to hell and back? How can you get out of this "runt?" What fucking runt, you lost 3 hands. Big deal. Did I miss something? You show me a "runt" that you are in, and I will show you how to get out of it, THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM.Did you forget to tell me you were at the WSOP Main Event and you were 5 spots away from cashing? No? Didn't think so. Wait, what's that? It was a home game? A $5 buy in home game?"Runt." If this is a runt to you, then you should quit poker now before you start going through some real swings.P.S. I love you :club: But don't post up stupid **** like this again. Ever.
if you think he has quad aces you could try folding instead of calling a bet and then betting out drawing dead, that might work
When the cards slap you in the face there's not a whole lot you can do about it. The best advice I can give you is to try your best to not let it phase you. As hard as that may be, and believe me it IS hard, it's just something you must do in order to save yourself from going crazy. Poker is all about making correct decisions, and as long as you make those correct decisions then you will be a winner. Sometimes you may make correct decisions and the results will not be what you desire (ex, getting drawn out on by a 2 outer on the river), but keep in mind that, because you did make the right decisions, you gained from it and your long-term results will show that. Don't let a bad run of cards kill your confidence, just keep playing smart poker and eventually your variance will turn around. Good luck.
Such a cookie-cutter, text-book, just fresh off of reading Sklansky, broken-record response. Nice first post.
Try wiggling it back and forth while pulling out gently
Try wiggling it back and forth while pulling out gently
you're an Asshole.This guy comes here for sincere input.He wants to improve his gameCan't you see that?Get your arse out of General and see how many hands he has posted in the Strategy forums!!grow up you drunk