What Kind Of Handgun Should I Buy?

.22 rimfire, 9 mm or 0.4 caliber and higher? I was thinking of 9 mm at least. 0.22 ammo is cheap but I figure there's not a lot of power behind those guns. 0.4 caliber or higher seems awesome and there's good kick with those guns but the ammo is double the price of a 9 mm. Glock, Beretta or something else? Joking about sitting at the poker table with it. Thought maybe that would keep this in general for a while.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Glock makes a really nice gun. Never shot a 9mm glock, but i know a glock .45 does great right out of the box. .22 is a fun gun...it can be used for home defence but with little stopping power not worth it. A 9mm has some power bit there is a reason why police now use .45's. I have a glock .45 that i carry and it is a good chioce if that is what you are looking for.

Bullets don't kill people, the rupturing of vital organs does.
The rupturing of vital organs doesn't kill people, impact trauma, malfunctions and loss of blood does. Oh, and if you have kids in the house, no guns. I am on "gun ban" for 12 more years. My ol man has them. :club:

Guns are bad. Having said that A 38 would proabbly be adequate firepower for self protection. It also wont piss the police/law enforcement off as much as a bad *** look at me hand cannon. Since ia 38 wont go throuh the person you shoot , the car behind them, the house behind the car and the person down the street behind the house. PPL buy guns that way exceede their needs. Imo You really shouldn't need a gun to play cards... hehe funny post.

Since ia 38 wont go throuh the person you shoot , the car behind them, the house behind the car and the person down the street behind the house.
If you're using Hydra-shoks, even a .45 won't go through a person. The inside of that person will be liquified, but there won't be an exit wound.
Now this gun has stopping power. Shot one this weekend and it's a NICE piece of armour.
Yeah, but it costs about $1 per round to shoot, and the gun costs over a grand.