Ppa Email I Got That Im Reposting Here

10 minutes of your day. -----------The U.S. Senate is Seeking to Ban Online PokerPPA Phone March on Capitol Hill Scheduled for Sept. 12 Dear PPA Member: Your urgent action is needed! On September 12th the Poker Players Alliance with the support of leading poker blogs and forums, PocketFives.com, Wicked Chops Poker and others are organizing a “Phone March” on Capitol Hill. From 9:00 AM Eastern Time, until 5:30 PM Eastern Time on Tuesday, September 12th, we are asking all PPA members and anyone interested in defending poker to call this toll free number, 800-289-1136 and be patched through to one of your two U.S. Senators in Washington D.C. When you call the 800 number you will hear a recording from fellow PPA member Greg “Fossilman” Raymer and then you will be prompted to enter your five digit zip code so you can be directed, free of charge, to your Senator’s office. Note: The 800 number will only be active between 9:00 AM EST and 5:30 PM EST on Tuesday September 12. Key points you should make: * I am voter in your state. * I strongly oppose any legislation that would prohibit online poker, and urge the Senator to vote against such legislation. * Poker is a skill game enjoyed by 70 Million Americans. * The Senator should seek to regulate online poker much like the government regulates other forms of gaming, like lotteries. * Prohibitions don’t work. Any legislation that tries to ban online poker will only drive those players underground. * Again, I urge the Senator to oppose any attempts to prohibit me from playing the great American game of poker on the Internet. The threat to poker is real. Please forward this information to everyone you know who cares about poker and an American’s freedom to use the Internet. We need everyone possible to make their voice heard on September 12th! Sincerely, Michael Bolcerek President Poker Players Alliance

i guess a lot of people from va have called i called the number and got allen. she said wow i didnt think this was such a hot issue. then on my own i called my other senator. funny because as soon as i mentioned the bill he put me on hold then came back and sounded frustrated like he has been talking about this topic a lot this morning

I called...got thru to a staff member of the Senator Boxer of California. I said that I was a voter in California and I wanted to express my opinion that online poker should not be banned. Staff member would forward my thoughts...hope this phone march has a positive impact for online poker.

I have a question. I have heard that online gaming such as the poker rooms online is not legal in Missouri and Wisconsin (?) Is this true? I had assumed this because when i tried to make a deposit at CD poker, they said that they could not allow it because i am a resident of Missouri and that there was a law regulating that.

I got an email from a guy from P5s, same guy from the thread I posted here months ago about sending emails. I forgot to start a thread though here, so here is what I was sent..which is similar to the OPJordan, This is Dan Cypra from PocketFives.com. With the Senate returning to session after a three-week recess, the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act may now come up for debate. If it does, it may be passed, which would curb the ability of Americans to play poker online. This bill has carve outs for both horse racing and state lotteries, while leaving poker (a game of skill) in the mix with sports betting and gaming online. With this in mind, we have teamed up with the Poker Players Alliance for a Phone March on Washington. This Tuesday, September 12, 2006, from 9:30am to 5:00pm ET, we are asking all online poker players to call an 800 number and be patched through to one of the two Senators in their state. The phone system will ask them to type in their zip code and will then forward them, free of charge, to the appropriate office. The toll free number will only work during this time and I will pass it along as soon as it is available. Please encourage your members visit www.pocketfives.com and click on “The Phone March on Washington” for more information. We will have an ad in the middle of our home page starting tomorrow (Saturday). There we will have talking points, the number, and background information. A pinned post on your site would be ideal here, or whatever the best way to contact your site’s members. Please help us make this effort a success. Together, we can stop this legislation before the Senate can discuss it. Thank you,- Dan Cypra--------so doooooooooooooooooooooo it- Jordan

Im not american or live in the states so I wont be calling in, but I hope alot of you will!
Thanks for the well wishes !I have heard some players in the past say "Haha, Americans won't be able to play" jus to express their anti USA sentiment. I think that attitude is bizarre.....Why on earth would anyone want to eliminate a large group of unskilled competitors ? Not saying all Americans play poorly, just saying there are some good players and a great majority of donkeys from each country.Meanwhile....the damn phone is still busy !!

Well I wish I could call, I would if I could. This law just seems utterly absurd and if anyone would suggest something remotely similar here in Sweden I'd be mad as hell.To everyone who makes a call: You have my respect.