A Big Tourny(for Me)

Hey, my i am 17 years old and way into poker, me and my friends play poker basically every weekend or so, how ever tonight we had a bigger tourney(we only play tourney style) how ever we had a friends uncle play(we buy in for 5 bucks. Of course the guy did well, and he informed us later that he playes a 50 dollar buy in tourney once a month with 40 other people and said that if we wanted to play that we could because we bascailly know what were doing. I would like to play but the other people maybe in the 30's(guessing).But i could be way out matched, and out skilled. what do u guys think i should do(also i am aware that they could just be wanting my money sence i ant a 17 year old)

Hey, my i am 17 years old and way into poker, me and my friends play poker basically every weekend or so, how ever tonight we had a bigger tourney(we only play tourney style) how ever we had a friends uncle play(we buy in for 5 bucks. Of course the guy did well, and he informed us later that he playes a 50 dollar buy in tourney once a month with 40 other people and said that if we wanted to play that we could because we bascailly know what were doing. I would like to play but the other people maybe in the 30's(guessing).But i could be way out matched, and out skilled. what do u guys think i should do(also i am aware that they could just be wanting my money sence i ant a 17 year old)
It's spelled since.
hey dude who cares how i spell as long as u get the point....
To be honest, the first post was completely too difficult to read. For advice - I'd say don't play. You sound very intimidated. Unless you're confident that you'll do well, you shouldnt play. The worst thing you can do is play scared.
but im sure after i play once i wont be scared, so will it be worth it to try it out once?
Sure, as long as you aren't too attached to the money. I'm sure you'll learn something and enjoy yourself, as long as you don't donk out too early. You have to start somewhere.

It's just $50, if losing $50 is ok with you, go ahead, take a shot. A lot of FCPers will start telling you that you're playing outside your bankroll etc etc, but if you're ok with it, then go for it.Also, I don't think you're outmatched. The fact that you're posting on this forum suggests to me that you probably have read the strategy section or even read up on 2+2 or other internet resources. If that's the case, then you'd be better than most of these 30-40 yr olds. Just don't be nervous about it. And most importantly, have fun. And good luck. Update us on how it turns out.

challenging yourself is how you get better. try it out unless $50 is a huge deal which I doubt. unless u dont have a job I guessto the guys who had trouble reading it. I hope for your sakes that you are joking because the spelling and grammar were off but it was still easy to undersand

I think more importantly, find out what the structure is like. I once got all pumped to play a big buy-in/lots of people tourney (for me at the time at least) because I knew I could do really well if the blinds moved slowly (I was under the impression that I was helping out with setting up the structure). Got to the tourney, already set up, 2000 in chips - blinds start at 25-50 and double every 15 min. It was an all in fest after 30 min. 30 players got down to 8 players in an hour. A big waste of money...Anyway, if the blind structure is bad you could just be blowing $50 bucks. If it's good, I say take a shot.

DANGER!!! Hijack coming...

hey dude who cares how i spell as long as u get the point....
...and therein lies the problem with America. Priorities.He wants a poker education before he completes his primary education.Work on the basics, dude. Understanding effective communication makes you a better poker player. Really, it does. Not to mention good Math skills (yeah, a bit of an assumption here, but if the kid can't spell, he probably slept through math class too). Good Poker isn't just about sitting down and learning the hands. What this country needs is more illiterate Poker players. Thanks Moneymaker.Ok......Geezer rant over.Dude, play in the tourney. Consider the $50 as part of your poker education. Any time you sit at the table you should learn something. Enjoy it and don't let the old folks (never trust anyone over 30) intimidate you.

who wouldn't rather play poker than go to school every day? I'd rather my neighbor looked like Jessica Biel but she doesn't. That's not the point.and don't play the tourney, $5 against your teenage friends is a massive difference from $50 against adults.keep playing with your friends and having fun.

DANGER!!! Hijack coming......and therein lies the problem with America. Priorities.He wants a poker education before he completes his primary education.Work on the basics, dude. Understanding effective communication makes you a better poker player. Really, it does. Not to mention good Math skills (yeah, a bit of an assumption here, but if the kid can't spell, he probably slept through math class too). Good Poker isn't just about sitting down and learning the hands. What this country needs is more illiterate Poker players. Thanks Moneymaker.Ok......Geezer rant over.Dude, play in the tourney. Consider the $50 as part of your poker education. Any time you sit at the table you should learn something. Enjoy it and don't let the old folks (never trust anyone over 30) intimidate you.
:club::D:D:D:)