Great Article Imho

Sometimes it makes me sad when great players write articles that will make donks much better with a few words. Down with Rizen. Yes, I am selfish and yes, I like money. Kidding........sorta.

Sometimes it makes me sad when great players write articles that will make donks much better with a few words. Down with Rizen. Yes, I am selfish and yes, I like money. Kidding........sorta.
LOL, too be honest, I had a similar vein of thought. I think we can take heart in the fact that only a small percentage of the donkey population will be educated by the article. :-)

See, I already knew all this. What I need someone to teach me is how to keep from getting bored and making "image plays" like raising 10xBB with 72 when I haven't played a big pot in two hours. Or how to keep from raising every hand against these tight assholes that just keep folding.Actually, I think I figured it out myself. It's called don't play NLHE cash games very often. If I stick to other games most of the time, I can hammer the NL cash games occasionally, but if I start trying to put in 20,000+ hands a month, my game just goes to ****.

LOL, too be honest, I had a similar vein of thought. I think we can take heart in the fact that only a small percentage of the donkey population will be educated by the article. :-)
Even though good players have aspects of the article in their game, I am still surprised Rizen would share a more advanced process with specific details. Most likely shows a profound confidence in his game. You are correct that the percentage of players reading that article is relatively low but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he gets 3 bet more often now.

He wrote the article because of popular demand. On his blog he offered money to the person with the best idea for a P5 article. His 5 favorite ideas were then voted on and my idea was edged out 11-10. Grrrr

thanks PM this is a great article. I don't think you have to worry about the fishies actually reading it...for one it's a long indepth article and most won't have the patience or dicipline to remember anything from it if they actually take the info from it and translate it to their game.It did help me because I was one of those uber attack weakness types, and it did sort of clue me into the selectivness.Anywaystake careIra

The majority of people who read that article will either have no idea what Rizen is talking about or have little idea how to implement it. The minority of folks who will understand what he is saying and apply it correctly most likely already do so. So, the article is actually a good article, as it will be misused by many and equal more people playing outside of their element which in turn will benefit the players who are already winning more.
He wrote the article because of popular demand. On his blog he offered money to the person with the best idea for a P5 article. His 5 favorite ideas were then voted on and my idea was edged out 11-10. Grrrr
What were the other ideas?
I really doubt this article will do much to improve bad players games. I barely even skimmed it when I saw it. I'll most likely try to read it in depth now that everyone is raving about it. But, even as someone with a major interesting in learning about the game I had a hard time trying to read it. I seriously don't see any bad player even attempting to read the article.
I really doubt this article will do much to improve bad players games. I barely even skimmed it when I saw it. I'll most likely try to read it in depth now that everyone is raving about it. But, even as someone with a major interesting in learning about the game I had a hard time trying to read it. I seriously don't see any bad player even attempting to read the article.
I think it's stuff you eventually learn on your own anyways. Nothing really profound. He puts it well in writing though.