I'm playing a tourney on FullTilt and I raise with AA, flop a set and eventually take all of my opponents chips. On the river he had 1395 left and I bet that exact amount and he called. As soon as this happened another player at the table started berating me and calling me names, I think maybe Fag or clown or something, but I can't remember. I politely asked what I had done to offend him and he said that taking the time to type out my bet of all of the guys' remaining chips was wrong and an *******-ish thing to do. He said, "it's bush," and followed that up with something else I can't remember.I decided to make light of the situation and I said, "Yeah, I had fun with your Mom's bush last night." Yeah, I know...3rd grade joke and all, but the guy was being a **** to me for what I saw as an asinine reason and I thought I'd try to be funny. Well, the guy comes back and says that his mom died of cancer a year ago, and now he's all mad at me for making the mom joke. I decided that I wasn't going to apologize for several reasons. First, I have no idea whether or not the guy's telling the truth, he was being an *** to me first anyway and there's no way I could have known that his mom had died. Furthermore, the joke wasn't even that offensive. In fact, it was flat out dumb. I think the dude needs to grow a thicker skin, but maybe I'm just a complete jerk and should have apologized. Judge me all you denizens of the General Forum, am I a jerk?

Judge me all you denizens of the General Forum, am I a jerk?
Absolutely not. You have to elevate yourself to jerk level. You shoul'dve said "Oh yeah thats right I remember your moms funeral, I bagged her before they embalmed her. Im into necrophylia like that"Now thats an *******.Or you shouldve said"Awwww mom died? Here comes the WHHHAAAMMMMBBULLLAANNNCCEEE"Is that *******? Yes

B is right. betting the guy's exact amount of chips is simply a strategic maneuver. if he calls you an ******* for that, he's an idiot. maybe it is "bush," but if it works, then **** him.And it's too early for me to say anything funnier than B, but his take on the mother situation is correct.

lol MisterB. I like it.Man, this tournament is awesome. Down to the final two tables chipleader is 2 to my left, directly to my left is a shortie with like 300 left. Shortie is all-in on the SB; it's folded to me on the button and I raise with AJo. Chipleader calls, flops comes T77, chipleader checks and I bet 2k into a pot of about 3.3k. Main pot had like 490, sidepot had like 2.9k. Chipleader folds, shortie has T7 and wins main pot to stay alive. Chipleader proceeds to berate me for my "bonehead play". LOOOOOOL.

lol MisterB. I like it.Man, this tournament is awesome. Down to the final two tables chipleader is 2 to my left, directly to my left is a shortie with like 300 left. Shortie is all-in on the SB; it's folded to me on the button and I raise with AJo. Chipleader calls, flops comes T77, chipleader checks and I bet 2k into a pot of about 3.3k. Main pot had like 490, sidepot had like 2.9k. Chipleader folds, shortie has T7 and wins main pot to stay alive. Chipleader proceeds to berate me for my "bonehead play". LOOOOOOL.
Also as MisterDannyG stated. It is a strategic maneuver that has been discussed quite throughly not too long ago. Good move and good luck the rest of they way.edit* Betting into dry sidepots is "Bush". ahahahah
Also as MisterDannyG stated. It is a strategic maneuver that has been discussed quite throughly not too long ago. Good move and good luck the rest of they way.edit* Betting into dry sidepots is "Bush". ahahahah
Yeah, I had that in mind when I did it. Thanks for the good luck wish, I haven't had a real final table appearance in a long time.

No, a jerk would have said something like "Thank goodness she got cancer. It saved her the shame of killing herself after coming to the realization she failed as a parent, raising an idiot for a son".

Now to be considered a jerk you should have left the guy with one chip. And when he said his mom dies of cancer you should have asked how may MTT he got to play by selling her Organs!Other than that the guy was just probably having a bad day!

Ah rough one cinci, 11th, still a good showing.
Meh, I probably overplayed my last hand. CL had raised UTG the orbit before with QTo though, so I figured my AJ was probably good, ran into QQ, flopped a million outs, couldn't hit any of them. That's poker.Also, everybody on here now has me wishing I'd been more of a jerk.
Now to be considered a jerk you should have left the guy with one chip. And when he said his mom dies of cancer you should have asked how may MTT he got to play by selling her Organs!Other than that the guy was just probably having a bad day!
I do that every once in a while. It's so funny.
I do that every once in a while. It's so funny.
I knocked a guy down to 8 chips in a MTT a few months back. Next hand he was allin on the BB and flopped a royal flush with AsTs.Oh, and putting in the exact amount is a standard thing to do. You often players on tv say 'how much you got left?' and then put exactly that amount in.

ha, you cant believe him, who knows if hes telling the truth and isnt the point of a tounrye to take ur opponents chips, hes making fun of u for thati say f-him

I'm playing a tourney on FullTilt and I raise with AA, flop a set and eventually take all of my opponents chips. On the river he had 1395 left and I bet that exact amount and he called. As soon as this happened another player at the table started berating me and calling me names, I think maybe Fag or clown or something, but I can't remember. I politely asked what I had done to offend him and he said that taking the time to type out my bet of all of the guys' remaining chips was wrong and an *******-ish thing to do. He said, "it's bush," and followed that up with something else I can't remember.I decided to make light of the situation and I said, "Yeah, I had fun with your Mom's bush last night." Yeah, I know...3rd grade joke and all, but the guy was being a **** to me for what I saw as an asinine reason and I thought I'd try to be funny. Well, the guy comes back and says that his mom died of cancer a year ago, and now he's all mad at me for making the mom joke. I decided that I wasn't going to apologize for several reasons. First, I have no idea whether or not the guy's telling the truth, he was being an *** to me first anyway and there's no way I could have known that his mom had died. Furthermore, the joke wasn't even that offensive. In fact, it was flat out dumb. I think the dude needs to grow a thicker skin, but maybe I'm just a complete jerk and should have apologized. Judge me all you denizens of the General Forum, am I a jerk?
This why chat shouldn't exist.
edit* Betting into dry sidepots is "Bush". ahahahah
I had the nuts on the river in a tourney last night and bet into a dry sidepot in an attempt to get more chips.

He is too sensitive. If he he gets offended by something someone says online then keep it up and maybe you'll put him on tilt.

I had the nuts on the river in a tourney last night and bet into a dry sidepot in an attempt to get more chips.
With the nuts, why not. With anything but???

Personally Id a said "Yeah I know your moms dead I dug her up and humped her lifeless body last night..."Poker is not a touchy feely kinda game. In no way is typing out the guys bet an a-hole move. I hate people who think its their job to monitor what they think is proper ettiquite at a poker table. IMO- 1)Dont BLUFF a dry side pot.2)Dont start an insult war, but feel free to finish it.3)Dont purposely start firing at every pot because the buy in is small while using the line "gotta go"Other than that its all fair game, duping someone into calling off their chips is how you win...your opponent needs to find a new game.

Judge me all you denizens of the General Forum, am I a jerk?
This post is kind of like going to a prison full of murderers, telling them you stole a pack of gum, and asking them if they thought you were a horrible person.I mean, we see worse stuff 10X a day here....Mark
I bet into dry side pots because I care more about winning than I do moving up in the money.Mark

I personally think that specifically typing in someones chips is pretty wrong. If the player you want to put all in has 1490, why not just bet 1500? I mean, what's wrong with that? And then if you happen to lose the hand, you get money back, sorta like payin your taxes and waiting for the refund!