Official Fcppc High Buyin Event Thread

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to those who advanced.On to more unpleasant subjects, those players who declined to make an appearance for the final round because they were already eliminate should be taken out and shot. It infuriates me that my final standing was in some small part decided by assholes who couldn't be bothered to show up and think of anyone but themselves. Maybe it would have made a difference, maybe not, but we all know and agree that starting with two no-shows makes it quite a different game. Those who declined to show with their spot already clenched are not much better.At a bare minimum, those players should not ever be allowed to participate in one of these going forward.Ok, done ranting now. GL guys.

I may have came off as a jerk wanting people to no show but I totally would be as pissed if I was in that situation. However, it was kind of your fault to begin with since you had 4 earlier chances to make something happen and it didnt pan out. I don't really think there is anything you can do about people who dont show up because they are eliminated. It's THEIR own fault that they want to pass up a chance for $75, because they are being babies. It's like college people who skip class. You paid $250 to not even play? If that's their choice, then so be it. You can't really force people to not play if they don't want to. It's not like they get their money back anyways.I really feel that it should be optional whether people want to show or not. It's their buy-in, not anyone else's. You can't FORCE someone to show up just because it benefits others. If people dont want to play a tourney to win money when they bought in, why punish them? It's their money, not anyone else's. I'd bet that if this happened again, there would be different people that are eliminated, and wouldnt bother to show up. They are already punishing themselves by paying $50 a match, and then not bothering to show. It doesn't need any more punishment.

Alright, instead of pming passwords to 40 people, I'm just gonna post the password stuff here, because I'm lazy. password formula isnt going to change, so for tonights first match, password will be hi1a, 2nd match hi1b, etc, etc...Also, just so I can get flamed, I'll also make picks to who I think will advance.Group 1:too close, I really cant pick anyone without splitting hairs, but since I'm trying...EvilGN (5)seacucumber (20)Group 2:supertouch (1)copernicus (9)(close 3rd to AAsnake88)Group 3:troyomac (3)Vatche (19)(3rd to IBthepenny, my sleeper pick in the tournament is Groucho)Group 4:msals11 (2)gobears (10)2nd-5th in this group is close...Flame on.

Alright, instead of pming passwords to 40 people, I'm just gonna post the password stuff here, because I'm lazy. password formula isnt going to change, so for tonights first match, password will be hi1a, 2nd match hi1b, etc, etc...Also, just so I can get flamed, I'll also make picks to who I think will advance.Group 1:too close, I really cant pick anyone without splitting hairs, but since I'm trying...EvilGN (5)seacucumber (20)Group 2:supertouch (1)copernicus (9)(close 3rd to AAsnake88)Group 3:troyomac (3) Vatche(19)Vatche (19) troyomac(3)(3rd to IBthepenny, my sleeper pick in the tournament is Groucho)Group 4:msals11 (2)gobears (10)2nd-5th in this group is close...Flame on.
FYP.
Also, just so I can get flamed, I'll also make picks to who I think will advance.Group 4:msals11 (2)gobears (10)2nd-5th in this group is close...Flame on.
That's about the dumbest thing I've ever seen you write. Do you have any concept of the players you're talking about? Didn't think so! Said with love of course.
Alright, instead of pming passwords to 40 people, I'm just gonna post the password stuff here, because I'm lazy. password formula isnt going to change, so for tonights first match, password will be hi1a, 2nd match hi1b, etc, etc...Also, just so I can get flamed, I'll also make picks to who I think will advance.Group 1:too close, I really cant pick anyone without splitting hairs, but since I'm trying...EvilGN (5)seacucumber (20)Group 2:supertouch (1)copernicus (9)(close 3rd to AAsnake88)Group 3:troyomac (3)IBthepenny(3rd to Vatche, my sleeper pick in the tournament is Groucho)Group 4:msals11 (2)gobears (10)2nd-5th in this group is close...Flame on.
FYP
Also, just so I can get flamed, I'll also make picks to who I think will advance.Group 1:too close, I really cant pick anyone without splitting hairs, but since I'm trying...EvilGN (5)seacucumber (20)Flame on.
whoops.

Announcements