Official Fcppc High Buyin Event Thread

I haven't had a lot of time to follow all the matches this week, but its really to bad so many people didn't show up tonight, regardless of where they stand on the leader board, it's kinda crappy to the players still involved, and to zsta who has done so much organzing and keeping everything up to date for all of us. Just my thoughts...
I completely agree with this, and I am one of the ones who benefited, since I needed a first place finish to have a shot at the playoffs, and I got one. It certainly was easier for me to take first over three other people than 6. Clearly, next time around we need to have a mechanism for docking points for no-shows, and I say that as someone who missed an earlier match (which is now coming back to haunt me, although it was unavoidable at the time).
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's kinda crappy to the players still involved
I agree, and I really needed them to help me out. Although part of that is my two 7th place finishes.I'm probably gonna get 2 outed and not make the playoffs, I can see it now
I completely agree with this, and I am one of the ones who benefited, since I needed a first place finish to have a shot at the playoffs, and I got one. It certainly was easier for me to take first over three other people than 6. Clearly, next time around we need to have a mechanism for docking points for no-shows, and I say that as someone who missed an earlier match (which is now coming back to haunt me, although it was unavoidable at the time).
There will be more strict rules to deal with no shows next run. I am very disappointed in the turnout for the last match. There is no excuse for missing a match. You are given the option to use a substitute for a reason. The next run will see much more severe penalties being levied for no shows.

Anyone wanna switch Tomorrow for Friday?EDIT: Thanks Troy, peach basket is int he mail.

Anyone wanna switch Tomorrow for Friday?
FWIW, this practice needs to stop in the next edition of this event. (I'm not picking on TB17 or anyone in particular, btw.) It's one thing to allow substitutes. I think that's a terrible idea too, but it was in the rules, so I agreed to it when I signed up. However, changing places with other people in the schedule is just flat wrong, and not permitted by the rules. The schedule is (or should be) developed with the idea of randomly matching players up in such a way that everyone plays everyone or close to it. Allowing players to switch matches screws all of that up, in addition to the obvious issue that the players in a match might affect your strategy for playing it.The schedule should stay the schedule, period. If you can't play, use your substitute, or take a DNS, but you shouldn't be allowed to just switch with other players in the event.
FWIW, this practice needs to stop in the next edition of this event. (I'm not picking on TB17 or anyone in particular, btw.) It's one thing to allow substitutes. I think that's a terrible idea too, but it was in the rules, so I agreed to it when I signed up. However, changing places with other people in the schedule is just flat wrong, and not permitted by the rules. The schedule is (or should be) developed with the idea of randomly matching players up in such a way that everyone plays everyone or close to it. Allowing players to switch matches screws all of that up, in addition to the obvious issue that the players in a match might affect your strategy for playing it.The schedule should stay the schedule, period. If you can't play, use your substitute, or take a DNS, but you shouldn't be allowed to just switch with other players in the event.
I would agree IF more matches were played per day like in the real superstars. However, people playing here must be available to play every single day of the 20 available? I don't like that. Not everyone can be avaiable to play every week day for a whole month.Also, the way it was scheduled randomly, it wasn't random so that everyone could play each other, we already went over that. It was jsut random. I already played the best player in this tourney 3 times, and am playing him again Friday, where as I can think of 5 or 6 that I haven't played at all. Again if the schedule was made randomly so that everyone would play each other at least once and I wouldnt have to play the same people in all 5 matches, then I'd agree, but that's not the case.So next time, I suggest that:a) We play 5 matches in a week, everyone plays on the same day to prevent thisB) The schedule isnt made by picking randoms, everyone plays each other at least oncec) No switching if A and B are done.
I would agree IF more matches were played per day like in the real superstars. However, people playing here must be available to play every single day of the 20 available? I don't like that. Not everyone can be avaiable to play every week day for a whole month.Also, the way it was scheduled randomly, it wasn't random so that everyone could play each other, we already went over that. It was jsut random. I already played the best player in this tourney 3 times, and am playing him again Friday, where as I can think of 5 or 6 that I haven't played at all. Again if the schedule was made randomly so that everyone would play each other at least once and I wouldnt have to play the same people in all 5 matches, then I'd agree, but that's not the case.So next time, I suggest that:a) We play 5 matches in a week, everyone plays on the same day to prevent this B) The schedule isnt made by picking randoms, everyone plays each other at least oncec) No switching if A and B are done.
Well said. You're exactly right about the schedule for this first version, which is why I couched my comment in terms of "next time." I agree with your suggestions wholeheartedly.Also, for the record, I've really enjoyed the event (except for my horrible luck in the first two matches!), and am very appreciative of zstak going through the effort of setting it up and running it. I am very much looking forward to hopefully doing this again once this first run is over.
I already played the best player in this tourney 3 times, and am playing him again Friday,
I think we've only played each other twice, but I could be wrong. good luck to you Friday.You were talking about me, right?
I think we've only played each other twice, but I could be wrong. good luck to you Friday.You were talking about me, right?
Well, seeing as I don't know who the heck you are, I'm gonna say no :club:
Couldn't disagree more.People have lives outside of poker and sometimes can't be available on a certain night.Its no advantage or disadvantage to play a certain night.
Well, seeing as I don't know who the heck you are, I'm gonna say no :club:
I'm the sleeper. My chip stack goes up slowly and when you finally realize what I've done, it's too late.orI'm the dude who's taking your chips in Friday's match.
I'm the sleeper. My chip stack goes up slowly and when you finally realize what I've done, it's too late.orI'm the dude who's taking your chips in Friday's match.
Well as long as you aren't the weak/tight punk who screwed me over last match.

Just a notice... we will be starting slightly late tonight, no more than 10 minutes... I have an unavoidable event... but I'll rush to be here as on time as I can... cya all tonight

Just a notice... we will be starting slightly late tonight, no more than 10 minutes... I have an unavoidable event... but I'll rush to be here as on time as I can... cya all tonight
Don't worry about it, we all have to poop sometimes.
Congrats man. Nice suckout on the river twice :PYeah yeah I know I sucked out a few times too, i'm just playin :club:
its all good. as long as i feel my plays were justified, which i do with everything considered, the outcoem doesnt matter. you played extremely well, aggresive.

Alright, final match breakdown time...These 17 people have clinched their spot:msals11troyomacsupertouchTheBigB11EvilGNhomer21copernicusQuietConfidencegobearsZIPPY COOTIEGWCGWCIBThePennymcpicklCheckymcfoldGrouchoAAsnake88VatcheThese 4 people cannot advanceFootballGuruBrandonPLxzanosRDogLeaving 7 people waiting on the last 3 spotsThese people have already played:seacucumberKestral123ShizzMoneySeacucumber will advance unless either oziumrules or spence win, theraflu takes 2nd, and tb17 takes 3rd, 4th, or 5th.Shizzmoney needs the following:tb17 to come in lasttheraflu to come in worse than 3rdOziumrules to come in worse than 2ndSpence to come in worse than 2ndKestral123 only needs 3 of the last 4 to happenAnd the following 4 need to play in.TB17, who can clinch with a 5th or better, and can advance with a 6th if 2 of the following 3 things happen:theraflu gets 3rd or worseSpence gets 3rd or worseOziumrules gets 3rd or worsea last place finish will eliminate tb17theraflu, who can clinch with 2nd or better, can advance in the following scenerios:theraflu 3rd: needs one of thesetb17 lastOziumrules 3rd or worseSpence 3rd or worse4th or worse for theraflu means eliminationOziumrules, who can clinch with a win, can advance in the following scenerios:Oziumrules 2nd: needs two of thesetb17 lasttheraflu 3rd or worsespence 2nd or worse3rd or worse for Oziumrules means eliminationSpence, who can clinch with a win, can advance in the following scenerios:Spence 2nd: needs two of thesetb17 lasttheraflu 3rd or worseOziumrules 2nd or worse3rd or worse for Spence means elimination.And there you have it... this match could prove very meaningful.

Alright, final match breakdown time...Shizzmoney needs the following:tb17 to come in lasttheraflu to come in worse than 3rdOziumrules to come in worse than 2ndSpence to come in worse than 2ndKestral123 only needs 3 of the last 4 to happen
Just to make things interesting, IF I make the playoffs, I will pay a $25 bounty for the first three of those four things to happen.
Alright, final match breakdown time...[breakdown of every single scenario deleted]And there you have it... this match could prove very meaningful.
I'm now fully convinced of what I have always suspected... zsta2k6 does not sleep at all!
Seacucumber will advance unless either oziumrules or spence win, theraflu takes 2nd, and tb17 takes 3rd, 4th, or 5th.
With the luck I've been having in this thing, I just might have a great shot in hitting this trifecta! :club:
you forgot that if I finish 3rd or better I have the most points for the prelims.i need something to play for.
Or you can just not show up and get me in the playoffs? :)Hypothetical question: Say you are in my spot, you get Aces first hand, and someone moves in, do you call? :club:

Announcements