Interesting First 2 Episodes On Espn Main Event

- With a field of over 8700, Jen Harman loses to the SAME dude who busted her last year. The one who slow-rolled her last year. At least this year he was humble about it.- Sammy Farha goes out early with a hand similar to DN vs Gus. He has the better trips (999 vs 666) after the flop but the other guy gets a miracle fourth 6 on the turn.- Poor Phil. His makes his usual late appearance. Then on his very first hand, he gets JJ vs someone else's QQ. He makes a great laydown after the flop when the other guy bets into a board where they both had overpairs. Then the VERY next hand, he gets KK, and another dude gets AA. He shoulda been busted on that hand but the other guy played his aces way too slowly, until a str8 threatened. Then the hand that knocks him out (AQ vs 77), is the EXACT same hand that knocked him out last year.Some whacky stuff.

when is ESPN going to quit feeding Phil's massive ego with so much airtime ? WE GET IT !! Actually I am sick of ESPN's coverage...period. They haven't improved one bit or added any creativity to the broadcasts over the years. Its a 60 minute show....you figure 20 mins or so of commercials (wishful thinking I know)...they spend 3 of those minutes on the opening 'Phil exiting his limo' shot...followed by a few more on his 'grand entrance', then at least 10 minutes in the backstage interviews...plenty of airtime wasted by Norman Chad's assinine commentary....its a miracle they managed to squeeze in a few actual hands of poker.

- With a field of over 8700, Jen Harman loses to the SAME dude who busted her last year. The one who slow-rolled her last year. At least this year he was humble about it.- Sammy Farha goes out early with a hand similar to DN vs Gus. He has the better trips (999 vs 666) after the flop but the other guy gets a miracle fourth 6 on the turn.- Poor Phil. His makes his usual late appearance. Then on his very first hand, he gets JJ vs someone else's QQ. He makes a great laydown after the flop when the other guy bets into a board where they both had overpairs. Then the VERY next hand, he gets KK, and another dude gets AA. He shoulda been busted on that hand but the other guy played his aces way too slowly, until a str8 threatened. Then the hand that knocks him out (AQ vs 77), is the EXACT same hand that knocked him out last year.Some whacky stuff.
she was sitting next to that dude, but he didn't bust her.
That guy, Cory Zeidman, is the same guy that plays on High Stakes Poker.
yeah i knowhes so tight on HSP...it angers me lol
she was sitting next to that dude, but he didn't bust her.
You're right. He had chips in the hand where the trip 6's busted her, but it wasn't him.On a related note, are table / seat assignments at the beginning of the tourney drawn completely randomly?
You're right. He had chips in the hand where the trip 6's busted her, but it wasn't him.On a related note, are table / seat assignments at the beginning of the tourney drawn completely randomly?
apparently not all the time, since there's no way in hell that would happen randomly on day 1. it was obviously set up for/by ESPN.
apparently not all the time, since there's no way in hell that would happen randomly on day 1. it was obviously set up for/by ESPN.
Actually, it is completely random. As a poker player, you should know that even the extreme longshots are capable of happening.
Actually, it is completely random. As a poker player, you should know that even the extreme longshots are capable of happening.
yeah, and i also know it would be nieve to think ESPN wouldn't be capable of setting that up for drama if they wanted to when they are paying so much for the coverage.
she didn't go broke on the set of 6's v aces hand, she doubled him up. she went broke when she moved in with top pair and got called by another player with bottom 2.

I for one enjoyed the coverage.Enjoyed Norman Chad, there was one joke that had me crying.and am really happy they got this to air so quick.BTW, opening shot, 2nd show, when they are entering the room, there is a guy in full FCP Hockey Jersey etc. Who was it?

you know after watching it i got a little weary about ever playing in the ME. i mean to pay $10,000 and have to sit to so many bad players who are bound to suck out time after time.it seemed the pros (specifically daniel, raymer, hellmuth, mouth, and all the others) were getting frustrated. player "that's poker."Daniel " No THAT'S not poker"remember that...

I would have preferred them showing the events in the order in which they were played. I have no problem waiting for the main event buildup.It was kind of lame that everyone's congratulating Phil at the table on his 10th bracelet when they haven't even shown it yet.Kind of spoils it for people who wanted to watch the TV coverage and haven't followed the boards.

these were pretty entertaining though, gotta love those nobodies who know they're on tv:the guy who told Phil just to muck his hand...who cares phil?the moron watching 10 hours worth of Rocky films instead of watching the tablethe "this is no kiddie game" guyBrad Garrett doing more walking and talking than winningat least Barry Paskin stayed in England this year