U Pick: Cold Deck, Or Getting Coolered.

According to Daniel Negreanu himself... on high stakes poker on GSN, his 66 on the board of 95658 was a cooler hand... allthough 55,88, and 99 beat him, which gave him the 4th nuts. So basically a cooler hand I would say, is a hand that theres no way your going to get away from. Unless we are going to argue with the unquestionable word of Daniel Negreanu?
excellent answer if only someone could reward it with a gift of ceramics

I guess the term "cooler" could be interpreted in many ways. It could be used like the term "bad beat." If you have AK vs. AA and you get all your money in on a flop of KK4 is that a bad beat? You were a huge favorite preflop but you got your money in a huge dog. I guess thats why DN says that the 66 hand was a cooler. He uses it like the term bad beat.

If your a good player this won't bother you, just kepp truckin. Remenber there is no such thing as luck in poker. Everything runs in cycles, good + bad.
I think this hits the nail on the head.

There is no difference between the terms cooler and cold-deck. Both refer to good hands/good board that turn out to be second best. The idea is that someone fixed the deck - hence it wasn't being played the hand before - hence it's cold since it hasn't been in your hands.If you're not getting cards you're card dead. Lots of people think it's a "cold deck" when they look at 92o three hands in a row but it's not. In a cold deck or cooler hand you have good cards.

If you have Q9 of diamonds and the 9 of diamonds comes on the board, things are worse than just cooler hands. If your stone cold nut boat loses to a straight things are worse still.
Was this at the WSOP? They had some bad decks in play at the $50,000 HORSE tournament.
There is no difference between the terms cooler and cold-deck. Both refer to good hands/good board that turn out to be second best. The idea is that someone fixed the deck - hence it wasn't being played the hand before - hence it's cold since it hasn't been in your hands.If you're not getting cards you're card dead. Lots of people think it's a "cold deck" when they look at 92o three hands in a row but it's not. In a cold deck or cooler hand you have good cards.
ditto
by cold deck i mean having cold cards, nothing playable. By cooler hands i mean having a extremley strong hand and having no other way to play it out, ur basically meant to lose ur money on the hand. Like the guy on the 1st hand of the 05 ME against farha, he has 10 10 vs farhas A 10, flop comes A A 10. thats a cooler
If I recall that was vs Hellmuth not Farha

This is like asking whether you want a kick to the nuts or a forearm to the nuts.

excellent answer if only someone could reward it with a gift of ceramics
LOL ...it never gets old. Never.
Ive lost half my BR this last month from horrendous run of cards. Ive taken time off and came back to play a week ago. Now insted of cold decks i get cooler hands. Have AA to a board of QQ9KQ, and lose to quad queens, have Q9 diamonds and board comes Qs 9d 3d, Qh, 8s, i lose to J 10 diamonds. Sorry to rant about bad beats but im so sick rite now and i dont know what worse. No cards at all, or cooler hands that you lose all of your money on. flame away.
Dude ... I've had it all happen to me this summer. And I mean ALL. Runner runner .... two and one outers ... unbelievably bad play from opponents that has paid off time and time again. Luck is huge in poker. And I don't have it. I've found out that, for some reason, this summer I MUST take hands to the river and manage them all the way. I cannot trust going all in ahead of the river card ... I've been sucked out on ahead at the turn 21 of 27 times this summer. It's unreal. Check back with me when you have a really bad run.

eventually you will run worse then you ever thought possible. (the loser thinks he does not deserve it). And OP, believe me there are probably 50 people on this forum who have run worse than you. if you don't build the mental fortitude to handle swings you will always be a loser. My suggestion would be to take some time off, look for leaks in your game (something you should always be doing anyway), change your outlook in regards to what it means to be a loser and a winner, and come back refreshed.even though there are hands which you can not get away from and you end up losing, i'm sure that there are other hands which you could have played better. goodluck.

SUBSIN, you need to go re-read the original post and come back to me with a full detailed report on the exact cards and suits included. It is hard to have a straight flush with 3 different suits on board. Thank you.
It's not the fact that there's 3 different suits, it's that the cards and suits don't match up in a straight + flush manner.A :D Q :D K :D 8 :) 3 :club: Straight flush: J :) T :)