ok, so my fantasy draf tis coming up and i can't figure out who to pick.i have the 4th pick overall, this is a one player keeper league.here is a list of the keepers, in the order the draft will go.1st pick (carson palmer)2nd pick (larry johnson)3rd pick (anquan boldin)4th pick (peyton mannin) <<< my team5th pick (cadillac williams)6th pick (ladanian tomlinson)7th pick (edge james)8th pick (terrell owens)9th pick (antonio gates)10th pick (tiki barber)so my problem is, who do i pick? i just can't figure out who the best pick would be in this spot.the dude with the first pick already said he is taking sean alexander. 2nd was going to take clinton portis, 3rd should have been stephen jackson. leaving me with rudi johnson or a rb of that caliber. with the portis injury i am stuck. any advice is welcome.

Since you got Peyton Manning, why not go with Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne? That way every time they hook up for a completion or TD or however your league does points, you get points out of both of them.

Well, you definately want a running back in this situation. If Jackson's there, I assume you're going to take him in a heartbeat. If he's not, Johnson will be a good pickup. It's a tough spot to be in, for sure.

Well, you definately want a running back in this situation. If Jackson's there, I assume you're going to take him in a heartbeat. If he's not, Johnson will be a good pickup. It's a tough spot to be in, for sure.
i assumed that the order was going to go like this:1- alexander2- portis3- jackson4- rudi johnson (my pick)but now with the injury to portis i think the order may go like this1- alexander2- jackson3- rudi johnson4- ?????who would you take? who you gamble on portis??
i assumed that the order was going to go like this:1- alexander2- portis3- jackson4- rudi johnson (my pick)but now with the injury to portis i think the order may go like this1- alexander2- jackson3- rudi johnson4- ?????who would you take? who you gamble on portis??
why are we leaving L.J. out of this? Am I missing something?

In the second order, I'd take Ronnie Brown over Portis. it's a tough spot, because Portis could be good to go, or with that kind of injury, it could nag him all year.Miami should be much improved this year, and Brown may even be worth your keep spot next year. I suggest you plan to pick up Addai at some point, as I expect Rhodes won't last in the starting spot. Addai could be worth keeping next year.

Can someone tell me the extent of Portis injury, I have him on one of my leagues and havent heard what it is, I know it like a shoulder dislocation but how bad was it

Can someone tell me the extent of Portis injury, I have him on one of my leagues and havent heard what it is, I know it like a shoulder dislocation but how bad was it
It's a shoulder subluxation. It basically popped out of joint then went back in. They are going to rehab it, no surgery or anything for it. He'll be out until the start of the regular season, but I expect he'll play in the opener. The important part is that it can be a nagging injury and follow him the whole season. I suspect if that happens, he'll play, but split time.Side note #3 team and #9 team must've been pretty crappy to keep the guys they did.

Why didn't someone keep Shaun Alexander?Anyhow, I would trade Manning and the #4 for Palmer and the #1. Otherwise, I would take Ronnie Brown.

It's a shoulder subluxation. It basically popped out of joint then went back in. They are going to rehab it, no surgery or anything for it. He'll be out until the start of the regular season, but I expect he'll play in the opener. The important part is that it can be a nagging injury and follow him the whole season. I suspect if that happens, he'll play, but split time.Side note #3 team and #9 team must've been pretty crappy to keep the guys they did.
yea awful teams
Why didn't someone keep Shaun Alexander?Anyhow, I would trade Manning and the #4 for Palmer and the #1. Otherwise, I would take Ronnie Brown.
alexander wasn't a keeper because one of my friends is an idiot and traded alexander to the team with tomlinson.
Since you got Peyton Manning, why not go with Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne? That way every time they hook up for a completion or TD or however your league does points, you get points out of both of them.
I kinda like this theory, can't go wrong with Harrison. Steve Smith may be the best WR available if u go that route. I like this WR play here because you can then look to go rb-rb in the 4th and 5th round. 3rd round go for another top wr like Reggie Wayne or Galloway. Sleeper rbs that will fall to 4th and 5th round are Mike Bell and Deshaun Foster. These two guys have chance to put up some monster numbers this year and will allow u to get two top WRs....
I kinda like this theory, can't go wrong with Harrison. Steve Smith may be the best WR available if u go that route. I like this WR play here because you can then look to go rb-rb in the 4th and 5th round. 3rd round go for another top wr like Reggie Wayne or Galloway. Sleeper rbs that will fall to 4th and 5th round are Mike Bell and Deshaun Foster. These two guys have chance to put up some monster numbers this year and will allow u to get two top WRs....
You have to take a back with your first pick. At #4, he's not going to pick again for another 12 picks. If the guys drafting know what they are doing, picking the wrong guy at #1 can screw his whole draft.
You have to take a back with your first pick. At #4, he's not going to pick again for another 12 picks. If the guys drafting know what they are doing, picking the wrong guy at #1 can screw his whole draft.
depends on the roster positions. if there are 3 WRs and a W/T position I would definitely go with Harrison or Steve Smith. But if 2rbs and only 2WRs, then a top running back is a good option too.
depends on the roster positions. if there are 3 WRs and a W/T position I would definitely go with Harrison or Steve Smith. But if 2rbs and only 2WRs, then a top running back is a good option too.
First pick has to be a RB even with 3 WR+ W/TE. Already gone are LJ, LT, C. Williams, Edge, and Barber. SA will go, as will Jackson and Johnson. If he waits for #2, also gone will be Brown, Portis, Lamont Jordan, Westbrook, McGahee, Willie Parker, Domanick Davis, and at least one of the Joneses. If his opponents know what they are doing that is. Supertouch's best bet is to go RB, RB, WR (Reggie Wayne if you want the dbl TD pts).
First pick has to be a RB even with 3 WR+ W/TE. Already gone are LJ, LT, C. Williams, Edge, and Barber. SA will go, as will Jackson and Johnson. If he waits for #2, also gone will be Brown, Portis, Lamont Jordan, Westbrook, McGahee, Willie Parker, Domanick Davis, and at least one of the Joneses. If his opponents know what they are doing that is. Supertouch's best bet is to go RB, RB, WR (Reggie Wayne if you want the dbl TD pts).
thanks for all the input everybody. i am def going rb, rb, wr. at this point i'm leaning towards ronnie brown, however i may sack up and take a gamble on portis if he is still available.anyway, the draft is a week from tomorrow, anymore insight would be greatly appreciated. i will post my drafts results next week.
thanks for all the input everybody. i am def going rb, rb, wr. at this point i'm leaning towards ronnie brown, however i may sack up and take a gamble on portis if he is still available.anyway, the draft is a week from tomorrow, anymore insight would be greatly appreciated. i will post my drafts results next week.
I would go with Brown even if Portis turns out to be fine. I think the Dolphins will be a better team and a better offense, as much as it pains me to say it. If the Skins switch to Jason Campbell, as I've read in a few spots, Portis is going to be even less valuable.

Gibbs won't bench his life-saving church buddy Brunell. Honestly I think a lot of people are overreacting to Portis's injury. The reason I'd go with Brown is that I think Brown is going to get involved in the passing game as well, and teams can't stack men in the box against Miami like they can against Washington.

Here's my team. What do I need?QB E. Manning(NYG - QB) Ind Sun7:15 pm 3762 24 17 28 80 1 0 0 0 1 2 223WR P. Burress(NYG - WR) Ind Sun7:15 pm 0 0 0 0 0 0 1214 7 0 0 1 109WR Ro. Smith(Den - WR) @StL Sun12:00 pm 0 0 0 1 7 0 1105 6 0 0 2 88WR J. Horn(NO - WR) @Cle Sun12:00 pm 0 0 0 0 0 0 654 1 0 0 2 34RB R. Brown(Mia - RB) @Pit Thu7:30 pm 0 0 0 0 907 4 232 1 0 0 4 69RB C. Williams(TB - RB) Bal Sun12:00 pm 0 0 0 0 1178 6 81 0 0 0 2 102TE L. Smith(Phi - TE) @Hou Sun12:00 pm 0 0 0 0 0 0 682 3 0 0 1 48BN D. Rhodes(Ind - RB) @NYG Sun7:15 pm 0 0 0 0 118 4 88 0 0 0 0 25BN A. Brooks(Oak - QB) SD Mon9:15 pm 2882 13 17 33 281 2 0 0 0 0 2 152BN Ma. Clayton(Bal - WR) @TB Sun12:00 pm 0 0 0 0 33 1 471 2 0 0 0 41BN D. Graham(NE - TE) Buf Sun12:00 pm 0 0 0 0 0 0 235 3 0 0 0 30 K J. Elam(Den - K) @StL Sun12:00 pm 0 9 5 9 1 43 126BN M. Stover(Bal - K) @TB Sun12:00 pm 1 8 10 11 0 23 124 Fan PtsDEF Cincinnati(Cin - DEF) @KC Sun12:00 pm 344 28.0 0 31 13 1 0 0 134BN Detroit(Det - DEF) Sea Sun12:00 pm 333 31.0 1 19 12 3 2 0 133

I'd go Lamont Jordan, he is quickly becoming a stud. And the addition of Moss should open up the field a little more for the run.

What idiot had anquon boldin as the only keeper on his team... I want THAT guy in my fantasy league.

What idiot had anquon boldin as the only keeper on his team... I want THAT guy in my fantasy league.
well he had a miserable team last year. his backs to start the season were holmes and green, so he didn't have much choice.