Jamie Gold Getting Arrested?

Sorry if this has already been brought up as I've been in Vegas and have not checked the msg boards recently. I was playing at MGM 2 nights ago and a guy there who cashed in the ME said that Jamie Gold has not yet picked up his money from the Rio and that the feds are threatening to arrest him when he picks up his money and are looking to make an example out of him. He was sponsored by Bodog which they claim is illegal.Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about this.

I don't think he could get arrested unless he was sponsored by Bodog.com. If he was sponsored by Bodog.net everything should be all okey dokey. Either way he's a lying piece of ****.

If they arrrest him, they should definitely arrest Moneymaker. Have you seen the Moneymaker Millionaire ads on TV??? He's done the most to promote online poker I think.
I think they can only go him if he promotes pokerstars.com. He only promotes .net, which is not a gambling website.

to be honest....I have been waiting for the first person who wins a big tournament by qualifying through an online poker site to be indicted and for the FEDS to turn it into a huge deal.

I dont get it.. what exactly would he get arrested for?
If he won his entry on Bodog he'd have to have played online poker which is theoretically illegal.Of course this is all assuming that Bodog would verify that he had won his entry by playing a cash game at Bodog. They could easily claim that he had won a freeroll on bodog.net and leave it to the feds to try to prove otherwise.Doesn't mean they won't try though. The feds seem to think they can create enough fear/uncertainty/doubt around online poker that they can effectively shut it down - or at least curtail it significantly. It's worked so well in the "war on drugs" after all.
If he won his entry on Bodog he'd have to have played online poker which is theoretically illegal.Of course this is all assuming that Bodog would verify that he had won his entry by playing a cash game at Bodog. They could easily claim that he had won a freeroll on bodog.net and leave it to the feds to try to prove otherwise.Doesn't mean they won't try though. The feds seem to think they can create enough fear/uncertainty/doubt around online poker that they can effectively shut it down - or at least curtail it significantly. It's worked so well in the "war on drugs" after all.
yeah except they probably have tapped his phone, bugged his orifices, etc.I dont put anything past these mofos. anything.
Sorry if this has already been brought up as I've been in Vegas and have not checked the msg boards recently. I was playing at MGM 2 nights ago and a guy there who cashed in the ME said that Jamie Gold has not yet picked up his money from the Rio and that the feds are threatening to arrest him when he picks up his money and are looking to make an example out of him. He was sponsored by Bodog which they claim is illegal.Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about this.
BS(Bull Sugar)
I think they can only go him if he promotes pokerstars.com. He only promotes .net, which is not a gambling website.
Here in the USA, we have a little thing called the 1st amendment to the Constitution. We can promote anything that we'd like.
BS(Bull Sugar)Here in the USA, we have a little thing called the 1st amendment to the Constitution. We can promote anything that we'd like.
we are tearing up the constitution a little bit at a time.
BS(Bull Sugar)Here in the USA, we have a little thing called the 1st amendment to the Constitution. We can promote anything that we'd like.
However, you can't work for anybody you like. I'm sure it's illegal to work for these .com companies.
However, you can't work for anybody you like. I'm sure it's illegal to work for these .com companies.
dont the software programmers work for them?i really dont get the whole legal issues here
How "sure" are you?
No one ever told me it was illegal, but I would be suprised if it wasn't. Why else would they be so careful about promoting .com?
No one ever told me it was illegal, but I would be suprised if it wasn't. Why else would they be so careful about promoting .com?
because it is illegal to promote a gambling website. they dont arrest juanda, ivey, ferguson or any other tilt pros for having a share of it.assuming is bad.
So you're not too sure...
No, I'm not. I don't understand the law behind it. However, it was DN who said the WPT might go after the 7 players for their affiliation with their poker site so something can't be legal there.

When they arrest David Williams, Josh Arieh and Evelyn Ng, then Gold has something to worry about. The OP is spouting BS.However, it was DN who said the WPT might go after the 7 players for their affiliation with Full Tilt so something can't be legal there.Are you really this dumb? Why don't you reserach who is and who is not affiliated with Full Tilt.