READ THIS PART FIRST.My Image - Been playing at this table with villian for about 5 hours now. My image is super loose / agressive, people think I'm making alot of bluffs and picking up alot of pots with trash. I've been raising alot pre-flop and villian has been seeing alot of flops for cheap, but when the betting gets heavy pre-flop, he tightens up. Villian is an attentive player, knows my image, and I would also consider him to be a decently skilled NLHE player, although I haven't seen him get too out of line.Villian puts the straddle on ( $4 to go )Preflop: Hero is EMP with A :club: , A :D . 2 folds, Hero Raises to $25 ( not a typical raise, but I wanted people to think I had a mid pocket pair ), 4 fold, Villian calls $21.Flop: ($10) K :D , 4 :) , 2 :D(2 players)Villian Checks,Hero Bets $45 ( pot is ~$55 ), Villian Raises to $145...Pot is now ~$245, and I've got about $350 left.Hero.......

This is a no brainer if you're playing Lag and attentive player notices. Push and hope to suckout.
FYPye but standard push here.

I disagree with pushing in position, especially if you have a loose image and villian is more likely to make a move on you. I'd smooth-call in position after some hesitation, and then push the turn after villian commits himself to the hand. We lose a ton of value against most of the hands we're beating by pushing this on the flop.

I disagree with pushing in position, especially if you have a loose image and villian is more likely to make a move on you. I'd smooth-call in position after some hesitation, and then push the turn after villian commits himself to the hand. We lose a ton of value against most of the hands we're beating by pushing this on the flop.
Lags bet, they don't call. You show this down you really kill your LAG approach for a few orbits. weak is strong... strong is weak. Plus, just cause you have the big diamond doesn't mean he doesn't have it either.
That looks like a great board for your hand. I'm pushing the flop and making him pay for a flush draw, or hoping he has AK. If he flopped a set on you, then pay it off.
Sounds good to me.
LOL at the opening raise. OK, so you want people to think you've a mid pair? you raise to $25 with 77?then what happens when someone comes over the top of your 7s?
I'm thinkin he meant something like 99-JJ or something like that, which could use some protecting...
I'm thinkin he meant something like 99-JJ or something like that, which could use some protecting...
Yeah... and I'd been playing very laggy at this table, so why not raise it up big with my aces? If ANYTHING people are going to WAY overlook the fact that I have such a big hand. I don't care if they think I have deuces, AK etc.. the fact is over-raising pre-flop here disguises my hand more than gives it away.
Considering your loose image it wouldn't make sense for him to raise with a set.. AK is most likely.. just call and he'll push the turn.
A call here is worse than folding IMO. I've had a loose / agressive image at this table now for over 5 hours. Calling shows WAY more strength than pushing here. I'd FOLD in this spot before I flat called.

If you are debating between pushing/big raise and folding I think it is a no brainer. You push and if he has a set of kings you pay it off or suckout and spike an A/backdoor flush/back door straight. I think Villain most likely has AK or KQ. Flush draw seems less likely when you have the A :club: and K :D is on the board.

I like a push. I don't think a set raises there. Against a LAG player, if I flopped a set in that situation, I would almost always call looking to trap and get the money in on the later streets. Using that line, you are most likely up against AK, possible K-Q is he is a maniac.

I like a push. I don't think a set raises there. Against a LAG player, if I flopped a set in that situation, I would almost always call looking to trap and get the money in on the later streets. Using that line, you are most likely up against AK, possible K-Q is he is a maniac.
Hilarity. LAG doesn't mean BAD. A player who flopped a set in a hand that was raised preflop, with paint & flush draw? No value in raising there?