Even though Phil Hellmuth might have played in more World Series events than with the possible exception of Men the Master and T.J. Cloutier its still not easy to win a bracelet especially in the larger hold'em events which Phil has won all his bracelets in.Also Doyle won half his bracelets in fields with less than a 100 players. Here's the breakdown of the fields of each braclet the Holy Trinity have won:Bracelet Phil Doyle Johnny1 178 17(?) 335(?) 2 84 22 152 3 284 65(?) 1674 173 34 226 5 69 14(?) 326 170 15(?) 1567 441 208 29 8 194 155 1279 398 113 8510 754 301 425Field Avg. 274.5 94.4 173.4

Hellmuth is having a great WSOP, but he needs to stop freaking out when someone out plays him, or an amature plays a bad hand and beats him.

Hellmuth is having a great WSOP, but he needs to stop freaking out when someone out plays him, or an amature plays a bad hand and beats him.
But then he wouldnt be PHIL~!!!!!Thats like asking Matusow to stop f-cking with people or Scotty Ngyun to stop saying "Baby"
But then he wouldnt be PHIL~!!!!!Thats like asking Matusow to stop f-cking with people or Scotty Ngyun to stop saying "Baby"
True. But if Hellmuth did that to me on TV, I wouldn't let him get away with it.
Boy...DN was right when he said he was embarrassed for how Phil plays and what he has become in tournament poker. He was right..Phil just isn't that good anymore..lol.
Maybe that should be the subject of the next video blog. DN apologized to Raymer, now its time to eat a little crow about his Hellmuth comments.
No they are bracelet events...Like Phil said when he was on The Circuit, he didnt reall think they should have them last year and didnt even know about them untill Erik Seidel called him after the Main Event saying he just won another bracelet and Phil didnt know what he was talking about.Hes glad they have them now since hes playing lights out this year (minus the ME)I hope Phil can hang on for WSOP POY...It would be a big F--- You to people like Daniel who said on this site a few months ago that he wouldnt rate Phil in the top THIRTY today even in NL tournaments!!!!
Yes with this and the lawsuit DN is exposed as ignoramus he is.
So did Phil lock up Player of the Year? When Phil took the lead I was happy, then Madsen went deep in his last tournament and took the lead. Then I hoped Phil would have a good ME to retake the lead. I completely forgot about the other events. How many points to the winner of the ME???
I believe the maximum points you can get is 1920, same as last year.
hellmuth is the greatest tourney NLHE player ever plain and simple lets just leave it at that
here here. Very funny when DN tried to disrespect him. Hellmuth owns him, but then again most of the top pros do. DN should win a world title or even get to the final table before he trash talks Hellmuth, Raymer etc.
here here. Very funny when DN tried to disrespect him. Hellmuth owns him, but then again most of the top pros do. DN should win a world title or even get to the final table before he trash talks Hellmuth, Raymer etc.
raymer hasnt done **** compared to DN
Why are you at this site if you have so little respect for DN? And to be fair, DNs accomplisments in WPT and also being player of the WSOP year 2 years ago indicates that DN is a top notch player.
joe stillman is the greatest tourney NLHE player ever plain and simple lets just leave it at that
FYPAnyways, I don't really like him, but yeah, Hellmuth obviously has shown how frieking great of a player he is.
Even though Phil Hellmuth might have played in more World Series events than with the possible exception of Men the Master and T.J. Cloutier its still not easy to win a bracelet especially in the larger hold'em events which Phil has won all his bracelets in.Also Doyle won half his bracelets in fields with less than a 100 players. Here's the breakdown of the fields of each braclet the Holy Trinity have won:Bracelet Phil Doyle Johnny1 178 17(?) 335(?) 2 84 22 152 3 284 65(?) 1674 173 34 226 5 69 14(?) 326 170 15(?) 1567 441 208 29 8 194 155 1279 398 113 8510 754 301 425Field Avg. 274.5 94.4 173.4
doyle is still better imo

I don't think any serious poker player alive today will dispute that Phil Helmuth is a great PLAYER but thats as far as it goes.Its his infantile antics and overblown ego that people take issues with. Carousing around the ME after he was long gone starved for attention prooning for the camera, his ridiculous tirades and whining. The guy is just an embarrassment. There is a good reason why most of the name pros consider Phil to be a JOKE...because he is precisely that. 10 bracelets or not I can't stand PH because he acts like a child who missed his afternoon nap. The guy has a bloated ego and truly believes all his own BS. I'm sure Chan and Brunson crack jokes about him behind closed doors like every other name pro on the circuit.Bottom line is he has NO sense of humility but more importantly CLASS.F Phil Helmuth

Bracelets have always been important only to hellmuth among the pros. If doyle or chan took them as seriously as helmuth, they would have twenty each.
Uhhhhh......no???This may be one of the mostest wrongest statements ever.
I don't think any serious poker player alive today will dispute that Phil Helmuth is a great PLAYER but thats as far as it goes.Its his infantile antics and overblown ego that people take issues with. Carousing around the ME after he was long gone starved for attention prooning for the camera, his ridiculous tirades and whining. The guy is just an embarrassment. There is a good reason why most of the name pros consider Phil to be a JOKE...because he is precisely that. 10 bracelets or not I can't stand PH because he acts like a child who missed his afternoon nap. The guy has a bloated ego and truly believes all his own BS. I'm sure Chan and Brunson crack jokes about him behind closed doors like every other name pro on the circuit.Bottom line is he has NO sense of humility but more importantly CLASS.F Phil Helmuth
What an idiotic post...Most pros will tell you that Phil is a great guy away from the table...Harry Demetriou even posted that on this site...Also seems you are putting a wild spin on him "prooning" (whatever that means) for the cameras during the Main Event...Nothing of the sort happened. Daniel himself talked in his blog about "prooning" around the Main Event the day before he was going to play to get a feel for the players and seeing the atmosphere....But thats ok, right?Id venture a guess that you are a hypocrite...meaning you probably applaud Matusows childish behavior at the table, him needling people unmercifully for no reason, crying about how he never wins a race, etc....or Scotty Ngyun throwing around "babys" reveling in his own ego, Daniel talking constantly and mugging for the cameras at the table...This is all ok,but Phil is a bad guy.

The thing I dislike the most about how people treat Hellmuth is how everybody rips on his cash game. Even though he does seem to suck something awful at them, he has made sooooooooo much from tourneys and endorsements that he doesn't need to be a cash game grinder. People look down on him, and talk **** because he is not as good as the top notch pros at cash games, but in the end he makes just as much if not more cash with less variance. So even though I dislike the way he treats people, I respect that he has been able to give himself a great life through tournament poker. Poker is about making money, and Phil Hellmuth makes that cash.