I remember reading in helmuths really lousy book he wrote how he has only caught 2 royals in his life, which I find odd to say the least. To make a long story short I hit another one yesterday in hi-lo stud, I have hit 2 in holdem and 2 in hi-lo in the last year alone and one in real life a few years ago, for a total of five ( this is of course excluding college wild card games).Any one else hit them more online, I actually saw 2 yesterday mine and another girl hit one an hour later.

i've seen two one carders this week in hold em.. i have one, myself... QJ diamondsi see more online cuz im on 3 tables all the time playing 80 hands/hour

I've been playing about 12 years and have only gotten a Jack High Str8 Flush. And have only seen 3 Royal Flushes. I don't play online.I probably play more hands in a month than you have in those 12 years. Might be why people see more of them online.

I've been playing about 12 years and have only gotten a Jack High Str8 Flush. And have only seen 3 Royal Flushes. I don't play online.I probably play more hands in a month than you have in those 12 years. Might be why people see more of them online.
You're probably correct, that's why I mentioned that I do not play online as it could be a factor. Looking at my stat spreadsheet I see that I have seen 2,450 hands in 98 hrs of play since 1/14/5. No even 1/3 of an online players exposure I'm sure.
I have seen 2,450 hands in 98 hrs of play since 1/14/5. No even 1/3 of an online players exposure I'm sure.I played more than that....yesterday.Seriously.Two diffrent worlds.
NO S**t? Wow, that's strong. Maybe I'll break down and give it a go.

I've only seen one online, it it was mine on PP's playmoney SnG. (So, does that really count?)I've never seen one in person. I have seen one folded pre-flop to two people all-in before him(JQs) and one where the guy bet his opp out after the turn and caught it rabbit hunting.I've only seen 3-4 straight flushes in live play.

I've had 2 online in the last year and a half and not one live for 10 years. I've also played way more hands online than live.I was at the Reno Hilton a couple of months ago and in one 5 hour session at the same table, I saw 2 royals and 2 other str8 flushes. They had progressive jackpots on all the str8 flushes and the 8 high paid much more than the royals, especially that second royal, which only paid like 24 bucks.

I have only had 2 in 10 years. Both this year, within 2 weeks of each other. I play exclusively live though. So it is a matter of hands seen/played. Makes sense that if I saw thousands of hands a day, I would see or get more.Justin

I also had 2 in two weeks playing live and 3 total in the last 4 months after playing for years without hitting one.Of the 2 recent ones, both of them were flopped, both of them I held A :D J :) and both times I got paid off by flopped straights. Ahhh if only it was like that all the time.

Keep in mind Hellmuth isn't going to chase a backdoor RF draw if the odds dont justify it. Small stakes online players will do this, just so they can feel all giddy inside and tell their grandma about it.I fold backdoor RF draws all the time if odds justify it.Best hand I've gotten was a wheel straight flush on yahoo play money limit. lol.

I haven't had one yet, but I've lost to a few.Most memorable was when I checked in the BB with 8:heart: 9:heart: with four people in the pot. Flop was Q:heart: J:heart: 10 :) . I checked , others checks button bets the pot. I raise, get two callers..sweet! Turn is a blank. I go all in. Again button called with A:heart: 4:heart: . River was the K :D:)

I've had two straight flushes. Never royal. One playing against my g/f for fun, and one online. 7-high. 7d-4d unbeatable!My friend, at a home game, folded what would have been a one-card Royal. He had the Queen of clubs and the flop came:K-J-10 all clubs. Two guys went all in on the turn, and my friend folded thinking one of them had to already have the A-clubs. One had a 3-high flush and the other had red A-J. Ace of clubs hit on the river...

Smash my dear friend.I got 3 Royal With Cheese in my 2 years online. I play around 45 hours a week.Many thanks.Keep up the good work for all the people that need educating.I think it is very honourable.

It's weird...I got two Royal Flushes online in the same month about a year ago when I was barely playing 300 hands a week.Now almost 15,000 hands later I haven't a single one. No biggie really. Fact is, I never made that much anyways. There's always more cash on the table when 3 or 4 guys are playing marginal situations and chasing. When all the danger cards are sitting on the board only monster hands are playing.

:D I got my first one last Friday at Foxwoods. KJ clubs flop came AQ10 clubs. didnt play it super fast tho, have to show down the hand to get the special royal flush jacket at foxwoods. luckily someone else hit a flush as well so I did make some money on it :-).

I had a chance at one today. I held AQo and the KJT of the Aces suit were on the board at the turn. I bet, and then yelled at the other guy for folding. "YOU HAVE TO LET ME HIT MY ROYAL FLUSH! YOU HAVE TO CALL!!" I had my hand on the Print Screen button, and the pee was half way up the shaft.

Keep in mind Hellmuth isn't going to chase a backdoor RF draw if the odds dont justify it. Small stakes online players will do this, just so they can feel all giddy inside and tell their grandma about it. I fold backdoor RF draws all the time if odds justify it. Good point. We online players see far more hands and rivers than you'll find playing in a professional setting. I see straight flushes quite regularly, and I have or fold one every month, maybe less. As for royals, I've had a couple.