Seedings And Wildcard Teams - Also The Schedule

looks like there could be some reseedings in the hearts conference. As much as I woud enjoy playing Daniel, we would love to have a shot at conference rivals Czars again. Either way, I'll be playing on my birthday, so that has to give me some luck, right.Edit: Right when I posted this hearts got reseeded. Rematch for Bobby Baldwin Czarioooo
If you think for once second your 3 - 5 arse is playing for us, we need to have a talk asap.
If you think for once second your 3 - 5 arse is playing for us, we need to have a talk asap.
If you guys would be more comfortable forfeiting, that would work for me. Just let me know.

Okay, okay...Bizzle and Zim...now you can say, "I told ya so!"I suppose I should be happy about getting $200 for the best record.

Okay, okay...Bizzle and Zim...now you can say, "I told ya so!"I suppose I should be happy about getting $200 for the best record.
I feel bad for choking that last game, do you wanna play HU for the duece? I am happy to split it but I feel like I ripped you off the $500 for best record. And no, we are not going to settle this on the basketball court :club:
Shouldn't HC Dukes be seeded 2nd and Cheap Thieves 3rd? There's no head to head record, tied for conference record and HC Dukes has a better division record. Let me know what I'm missing, if anything? Thanks.
Im confused too. Are we using a different tiebreaker procedure than is on the site?
Im confused too. Are we using a different tiebreaker procedure than is on the site?
Yeah, we changed it for tiebreakers that don't involve 2 division opponents.It goes:Head to HeadConference RecordCommon Opponents1-game playoff
I feel bad for choking that last game, do you wanna play HU for the duece? I am happy to split it but I feel like I ripped you off the $500 for best record. And no, we are not going to settle this on the basketball court :club:
Is that a freeroll or are you just trying to take my money again?
Yeah, we changed it for tiebreakers that don't involve 2 division opponents.It goes:Head to HeadConference RecordCommon Opponents1-game playoff
When did we do that?its not on the site at all.
When did we do that?its not on the site at all.
It has been discussed, ad nauseum, across several threads.Go peek at the NFL tiebreakers-we attempted to mirror them. If one team is 10-5 and they went 6-0 in a division where second place was a 4-11 team, and another team is 10-5 and they went 5-1 in a division where second place was a 9-6 team, it isn't fair to award the first team for beating up on crappy teams in their own division.
It has been discussed, ad nauseum, across several threads.Go peek at the NFL tiebreakers-we attempted to mirror them. If one team is 10-5 and they went 6-0 in a division where second place was a 4-11 team, and another team is 10-5 and they went 5-1 in a division where second place was a 9-6 team, it isn't fair to award the first team for beating up on crappy teams in their own division.
Ahh, i found the policy Darrell used in a thread about 4 pages back.(is that what ad nauseum means? my Latin is very rusty) I'm not a big fan of adding and/or changing rules midseason but what can you do i guess? I'm an indian not a chief. Not a big deal for me anyways, it's only the difference between survivng an extra round of playoffs then should I do so playing Daniel and the Cheap Thieves down 1-0 instead of up 1-0. :club:
Ahh, i found the policy Darrell used in a thread about 4 pages back.(is that what ad nauseum means? my Latin is very rusty) I'm not a big fan of adding and/or changing rules midseason but what can you do i guess? I'm an indian not a chief. Not a big deal for me anyways, it's only the difference between survivng an extra round of playoffs then should I do so playing Daniel and the Cheap Thieves down 1-0 instead of up 1-0. :club:
It really wasn't a change. We had tiebreakers defined for ties among the same teams within a division. We had no tiebreakers defined for ties among teams in different divisions. We took the NFL tiebreakers and applied them here.
It really wasn't a change. We had tiebreakers defined for ties among the same teams within a division. We had no tiebreakers defined for ties among teams in different divisions. We took the NFL tiebreakers and applied them here.
it why i wrote adding and/or changing. the rules on the site do give rules for tiebreakers, but it does say for two teams, not multiples. it doesn't say anything about whether those two teams are in the same division or not, just says two. i don't even disagree with the process used, just think it shoud've been in the rules before the season, not put together 4 weeks ago.I promise this next question isn't being a smartass, I just don't know if i missed stuff. People keep saying we throughout this thread in referencing this rule. Was it voted on somewhere? Or did Darrell just think it made sense to add it? Who's we?michael
Is that a freeroll or are you just trying to take my money again?
After 40 days in the Vegas sun, hell no it's not a freeroll. Your playing good poker and I'm not so I felt like giving you a shot at the money. Just a thought...
After 40 days in the Vegas sun, hell no it's not a freeroll. Your playing good poker and I'm not so I felt like giving you a shot at the money. Just a thought...
So the answer is b.) trying to take my money
it why i wrote adding and/or changing. the rules on the site do give rules for tiebreakers, but it does say for two teams, not multiples. it doesn't say anything about whether those two teams are in the same division or not, just says two. i don't even disagree with the process used, just think it shoud've been in the rules before the season, not put together 4 weeks ago.I promise this next question isn't being a smartass, I just don't know if i missed stuff. People keep saying we throughout this thread in referencing this rule. Was it voted on somewhere? Or did Darrell just think it made sense to add it? Who's we?michael
We is I brought it up to Darrell quite a while ago, we discussed it via PMs, he made a thread about it to toss around potential ideas, pretty much everyone agreed that using the existing tiebreakers for teams that weren't in the same division and/or multiple teams was retarded, and we implemented a system that mimic'ed the NFL system, and noone had a single problem.
it was added about week 10 once it was realized we had no concrete tiebreaker for multiple teams.my bad tho, I assumed everyone reads thru this and should have updated the rules page. For the time being I am leaving the rules page as is, there may be small changes for the next season and I would like to adjust them all at once.Sorry if I am slow in replying to some of these, I am just not on that often while I am in vegas.
Sorry if I am slow in replying to some of these, I am just not on that often while I am in vegas.
:sympathy face:
I do have a question.How do we determine the Round 2 match-ups?Is it a playoff tree system or are we going by seeding the whole way through?
By the looks of it, teams are reseeded and rematched after each round.