i'm quitting smoking.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, if it's this or smoking choose this. As long as you have a willingness to brush your teeth a bit more than usual you will find no adverse affects. Aside from the cancer?It's not like it's harmless to chew tobbacco.
Far from harmless. But you won't die. There are risks if your stupid about it. It is very rare that you will get any form of cancer. The most prevalent form found is stomach cancer (example being Saku Koivu). This is caused by idiots who swallow all their spit.Spit, brush well, rotate the area where you dip, you'll be fine.If you want to give it a shot, that is.

after smoking for 5 years i have quit for exactly one year and 1 month...its much harder to quit when everyone around you smokes..but if you have strong will power it can be done..the first month is the hardest i think..after that it was a lot easier.good luck.

the first month is the hardest i thinkI think you're right. It has been 10 months since I quit smoking, and it just kinda seems like its getting easier. I also think that you can't quit smokin until you absolutly want to (I figured this out after my 8th or 9th time I quit :-) ) . After a while, you will not even care about smoking. But anyways, thought I'd throw that out there. So Smasharoo, good luck to ya, and hope you can stick with it.

Actually, I've quit 3 or 4 times.
There's a famous quote along those lines....'Quitting smokes is the easiest thing in the world, I've done it 8-9 times'Cant remember who said it.Good luck though smash, every time I try to quit work seems to get more stressful and I just have to start again :roll:
If you want to give it a shot, that is.Nah, I'd hate to start down the slippery slop to Nascar tee-shirts and trucker hats.
Saw that one coming, narrow minded jerk. 8)
its ok aneurysmi understand the dip theory... and brushing is keyi'm quitting smoking.no you're not.... but good luck :-)

my dad smoked for 52 years and quit about 10 years ago (2 of his best friends died of lung cancer) and now he has emphasima (sp?) 30% of the lungs work only. Het get bronchitis after bronchitis in the winter months and he has never been able to take a plane to visit me. I think u have to scare yourself so you can quit for good, go visit a scary website with nasty pictures of what happens to your lungs or u teeth if you keep smoking and hopefully it will help

I've been smoke-free for 3 years after smoking for 15. I used Wellbutrin (Zyban is another name for it) http://quitsmoking.about.com/od/zybanwellbutrin/ to quit. I'd taken it for a month or so and one morning, Feb 24, 2002, I decided to see how long I could go without a cigarette. Haven't had one since. I did carry some nicorette with me to the golf course for those stressful 3-footers. :shock: Once I finally quit, I took Wellbutrin for another 2 weeks just to make sure. If you're serious about quitting, talk to your doctor about it. It is an anti-depressant so it might make you a little jumpy for the first few days, but after that the benefits far outweigh the side effects.

It is an anti-depressant so it might make you a little jumpy for the first few days, but after that the benefits far outweigh the side effects.Conflicts with my other meds. Cold turkey for me.

hmm... wierd. they might just be a severe case where the benefits outweigh the side effects of mixing the twofair enough

I just can't say enough good things about this http://nicorette.quit.com/. The patch suxs. The gum is a mitzvah. It's freak'in better than the smokes!
I cant stress this enough though do not sleep in the patch, it makes an acid trip seem mild, or maybe it was just me but I had some serious alice in wonderland dreams going on had to quit the patch. But good luck quitting I'm going to try this year sometime.

I cant stress this enough though do not sleep in the patch, it makes an acid trip seem mild, or maybe it was just me but I had some serious alice in wonderland dreams going on had to quit the patch. But good luck quitting I'm going to try this year sometime.Not just you, they actually list it as a side effect :D

i found a nicotine patch at a friends house once and licked it for a few minutes.... that was cool.
your doctor might disagree :shock:
he always does... that pansy

Yea, the vivid dreams you have while on the patch are pretty friggin intense. I tried to quit recently with the nicorette gum, and I couldnt take it anymore, the gun tasted like i was lickin a battery, and my jaws were swollen. The patch leaves red spots on my arms, and ultimatly burn marks for some reason. But I need to quit badly .... it hurts to breath when I wake up and try to smoke lol .. just out of curiosity , any of the big name pro's smoke?