Standard Fold Of The Nuts Here Right?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

never fold the nuts, how stupid can someone be. expection: i understand folding AA preflop in a satt when there are few people left and you are middle of pack or big stack.

ok, tribeca 15k gtd, $27 rebuy, down to the final 3.stacks are 470k for me, 400k for villian, 220k for the other guy. ive been chipping away at them both since it got down to 3 way. blinds 6k/12kvillian limps on the button, SB limps, i check with A6ddflop comes Jc Qh Ks and is checked around. turn is Tc. SB checks, i bet 20k, villian pushes, SB folds, I fold?
cookiecarers8.jpg
never fold the nuts, how stupid can someone be. expection: i understand folding AA preflop in a satt when there are few people left and you are middle of pack or big stack.
wow.many of you are way way to critical.Are we talking about winning 28k chips vs losing a ton?Maybe I give villain credit forAcXc too much; and not for a pure bluff enough.But, if we are truly the strongest player at thetable, this fold harldy seems idiotic.I'd like more thought put into responses.Do you all figure we are splitting with a non AcXcorHe is completely bluffingor28k chips is a big deal and we'll risk the ~ 390k for a 4:1 chance of suckoutor just a combination.thanks.Ps. i probably call; but I'm not that great in the SH situations, deep stacked. so it's worth the risk

Actuary-I think many were jumping the gun on blindly criticizing too, I just think he's freerolling significantly less than 80% of the time. I think the bluff percentage is close, athough 15% seems better since we're SH

Just not the AcXc enough for us to forego 28K ?
I don't really think he HAD to have clubs either. People do this all the time whether they have the flush draw or not. Any ace would probably make the same play. Why are we even discussing this?MAYBE 50% that he has AcXc.... So what... you're a 3-1 favorite against a 50% chance?Easiest call i've ever seen.... Especially final 3 in a tourney when you're not at risk to go bust! NOT THAT IT EVEN MATTERS!!
I don't really think he HAD to have clubs either. People do this all the time whether they have the flush draw or not. Any ace would probably make the same play. Why are we even discussing this?MAYBE 50% that he has AcXc.... So what... you're a 3-1 favorite against a 50% chance?Easiest call i've ever seen.... Especially final 3 in a tourney when you're not at risk to go bust! NOT THAT IT EVEN MATTERS!!
we're looking to win 28k.or lose 390k.If its 50% that we lose 390k 20% of the time..that's not worth calling.

Actuary's point is what I tried to show with the math. IF we are getting bluffed- it is only 28k pot and we still have over $400k left. If we call and lose it is over, if we call and split it is the same as a fold (essentially). The pot is too small to call such a huge overbet.I don't know, those who say easy call please justify your position. Remember, it is a $350,000 bet into a $28k pot. Done by someone who made the final table. The only way I make that bet if I am the villian is with A :club: x :D . It is just as likely (IMHO) that we are up against a freerolling opponent as a pure bluff. So if you like to gamble, call. Otherwise fold. I truly believe either option is ok absent reads. I probably call- but I don't think it is automatic at all.

we're looking to win 28k.or lose 390k.If its 50% that we lose 390k 20% of the time..that's not worth calling.
strange situation indeed, so im not surprised it took someone so long to figure it outobviously i called, he had AcXc and rivered the flush. sure it wont happen often, but its enough that you can just write off the split pot and move on to the next hand

so the proponents of folding are assuming that not only the villain has Ax of clubs, but that he also limped on the button with it three handed rather than raise, and then pushed allin with it rather than get action with a hand that is currently the nuts, and can improve on the river.

Actuary-I think many were jumping the gun on blindly criticizing too, I just think he's freerolling significantly less than 80% of the time. I think the bluff percentage is close, athough 15% seems better since we're SH
80% is definetly high, there is also the possibility on 2 pair
strange situation indeed, so im not surprised it took someone so long to figure it outobviously i called, he had AcXc and rivered the flush. sure it wont happen often, but its enough that you can just write off the split pot and move on to the next hand
i still call, its very bad luckim not smart enough to put a guy on the exact one hand that has me in any danger
so the proponents of folding are assuming that not only the villain has Ax of clubs, but that he also limped on the button with it three handed rather than raise, and then pushed allin with it rather than get action with a hand that is currently the nuts, and can improve on the river.
to make sure we are clear...I'm not a proponent of folding as you see in my first post, I'd call.When someone gave the assumption that he has AcXc 50% of the time, it was a fold for sure for me. However, I don't think it is AcXc 50% of the time; and thus call. However, if I was a kick-*** 3 handed baller, I could fold, and pass up the 28k for better opportunities
to make sure we are clear...I'm not a proponent of folding as you see in my first post, I'd call.When someone gave the assumption that he has AcXc 50% of the time, it was a fold for sure for me. However, I don't think it is AcXc 50% of the time; and thus call. However, if I was a kick-*** 3 handed baller, I could fold, and pass up the 28k for better opportunities
I'm defiently with you on this
anyone that ever folds the nuts in holdem should quit poker
Unless you are playing at pokerstars on Tritz's computer, and can see yours traight is up against a set, and a nut flush draw, and they both have moved all in ahead of you for huge over bets into the pot.

ok so the concensous is that if we put him purely on an A, its a fold, but people regularly make this push with two pair, sets, bottom end of the straight, flush draws or pure air, as well as any ace.cool. his range seems a bit generous, but hey, you're the experts, im the moron.

Unless you are playing at pokerstars on Tritz's computer, and can see yours traight is up against a set, and a nut flush draw, and they both have moved all in ahead of you for huge over bets into the pot.
if theres a 3rd player in there with a higher straight draw then I just have to throw it away, I just know Im going to lose!btw, do you know if renae has been alerted to my return yet? I havent received any death threats or hateful pm's yet, so I dont think so
if he had gone crazy with a random flush draw or 2 pair or a set or the 9 or whatever because he doesnt put you on an ace since you didnt raise preflop and theres no way you can call his all in without an ace (or maybe 2 pair and a flush draw, which is a very unlikely hand for you to have) and you had ended up winning the hand this thread would never have been created. If he had had an ace or even the ace with a flush draw and missed and you chopped this thread wouldnt existresults based poker sucks, just like this thread