confirmed: h.o.r.s.e. tourney tonight

Razz is simple--just raise with sets of tens or higher and fold all low cards--follow this and you will play great.
so thats what i should be doinghere, i have been capping with A 2 3 on 3rd street.... what a fool i am.
i dont like capping on 3rd, or even re-raising. it gives away your strength. you wont get me calling with a rough 7 if you've got 3 to a seven up top, because ill know you're smooth underneath.
thats what i meant by not knowing the game...that makes perfect sense. although im sure i could get away with this at the loose low limit tables... im gonna have to practice. i dont wanna be a razz fish.
too late. :D
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, does anyone know a point system for tourney finishes? This would be so we could assign points to the different places people finish in so we can have something like a player of the year or month or whatever.I know things change depending on the amount of entries so I want to make sure I am assigning points in the correct fashion so nobody gets screwed. Thanks every and GL tonight.Spread the word.

Anyway, I do have a very active UltimateBet account so if anyone has a UB account with $ on it and they want a transfer on FullTilt, I will be happy to do it. PM me and we'll make arrangments.
Is there a minimum amount that you have to transfer? Or can you transfer $5.50? I have a money account on UB, but my Full Tilt account is bone dry.
Anyway, I do have a very active UltimateBet account so if anyone has a UB account with $ on it and they want a transfer on FullTilt, I will be happy to do it. PM me and we'll make arrangments.
Is there a minimum amount that you have to transfer? Or can you transfer $5.50? I have a money account on UB, but my Full Tilt account is bone dry.
Minimum transfer is $1 in whole dollar amounts. So, I, or someone, can transfer you $6 on Fulltilt and you transfer $6 on UB.
So, does anyone know a point system for tourney finishes? This would be so we could assign points to the different places people finish in so we can have something like a player of the year or month or whatever.I know things change depending on the amount of entries so I want to make sure I am assigning points in the correct fashion so nobody gets screwed. Thanks every and GL tonight.Spread the word.
the easiest one to do is place of finish / total peopleAdd each week's together, divide by total tourniesLowest points = best.than you need a minimum # of tourneys played to qualify.-smak-

So I found an easy point system that I'm going to use for our tournament. It is based on the number of entrants in a tournament. Say there are 50 players. You will get points based on how you finish in the 50 places possible. 1st would be 50 points and last would be 1 point.I think this is a good way to track performance and is a much better indicator than whoever won the most money.Thanks again for the interest everyone. I hope we can keep it going on a weekly basis.GL tonight.

Wednesday isn't the greatest day of the week for this thing though.
If people would rather play on a different day please let me know.I didn't want to interfere with the two tourneys already going on here and didn't want to schedule a Friday night tourney as most people aren't around or online at that time. Mondays, Thursdays or even Saturdays during the day maybe. PM me or post a day you would rather have it.Tonights is still happening tonight though!!!
AAArg, thunderstorms and tornado warnings in the area, I hope I still get to play. :evil:
Couldn't you just stay indoors? Close that trailer door up tight.
You must not now bout them ternaders up in Candania, they dun tore up by trailer twice now. My paper thin walls are no match.
Wednesday isn't the greatest day of the week for this thing though.
If people would rather play on a different day please let me know.I didn't want to interfere with the two tourneys already going on here and didn't want to schedule a Friday night tourney as most people aren't around or online at that time. Mondays, Thursdays or even Saturdays during the day maybe. PM me or post a day you would rather have it.Tonights is still happening tonight though!!!
Personally, I think Thursday would be great.I'll be there today, and maybe next week, but then I'll probably be at Cue-Nique for their live tournament.Only reason I'm not going these weeks is I'm a Survivor Nut and they moved the show to Wednesday's for March Madness :D
So I found an easy point system that I'm going to use for our tournament. It is based on the number of entrants in a tournament. Say there are 50 players. You will get points based on how you finish in the 50 places possible. 1st would be 50 points and last would be 1 point.I think this is a good way to track performance and is a much better indicator than whoever won the most money.Thanks again for the interest everyone. I hope we can keep it going on a weekly basis.GL tonight.
Thought i'd throw my 2 cents in again.I tried this system, but i found the problem is that a person placing 24th in a 50 man tourney gets more points than somebody placing 1st in a 25 man tourney.-smak-

You're better off using the logarithm function that the poker sites use to calculate Tournament Leader Board.Since I don't like the thought of doing all those calculations, there's always the cardplayer option.Only give points to those who make the money. 1 point for each dollar paid out.Give everyone else like 1 point.

hey anyone willing to send me 5.50 on FT, I don't have money on there but I can send it back on stars or if by some miracle I cash in this tourney, username on both sites is the same as here, thanks either way :-)

You're better off using the logarithm function that the poker sites use to calculate Tournament Leader Board.Since I don't like the thought of doing all those calculations, there's always the cardplayer option.Only give points to those who make the money. 1 point for each dollar paid out.Give everyone else like 1 point.
That is how cardplayer does their points?The problem with this method is you might as well just use the amount of money paid out. I don't believe that is a good indicator of good finishes if the number of entrants is very different as the tourneys progress. Maybe I'm missing something here but there doesn't seem to be a difference. Wouldn't that mean that Greg Raymer would have been the POY with 5 million points to Daniels 4.5 million?
Thought i'd throw my 2 cents in again. I tried this system, but i found the problem is that a person placing 24th in a 50 man tourney gets more points than somebody placing 1st in a 25 man tourney. -smak-
The reason that is good is because it is much harder to win a 200 man tourney than a 50 man tourney. So someone finishing 1st in a 50 man tourney may not get as many points as someone finishing 3rd in a 200 man tourney. This makes perfect sense to me.Anyone else?

whoever said wednesday is not a good day, i'm just going to assume its because of the WPT. if you cant play poker cuz you have to watch it on TV....hmmm....ever hear of a VCR or TiVo? this is the best night, please dont move the tourney to thursday (binge drinking) and fri-sun way too much stuff goin onGL everyone

There's a live tournament in Madison on WednesdaysI'm not going to that because I can't miss Survivor the next two weeksAnd I don't have a VCR here

Didnt have any money in Full Tilt so I deposited about 10 minutes ago, it still hasnt gone through :roll: hopefully it does in the next 30 minutes so I can join in on the party

59 now!Should be fun.FYI the round order is the followingHoldemOmaha Hi/LoRazzStudStud Hi/LoRinse and repeatI like this because all three 7 card games are consecutive...it makes great sense to me :D