How Many Here Play Poker For A Living.....

What most of you fail to realize is that you will never beat poker, and will never be much more than a break even player. Move on, poker will only treat a very few amount of people well. The sooner you see that, the better. :club::D:D:D All those grinders and their immense freedom? I dont even know where to begin with your post, kid.More successful? How do you measure that? Shall we post up bank statements? Pics of house/cars? Pics of wife/gf? I'm 25, how old are you?
whats your obsession with being e-better than others? do you really have no friends?

Yeah, it makes a lot more sense to spend $200,000 on a rathole on East 375th St. than to pay $800 a month for a beautiful apartment in Brooklyn. You're really smart Rob. What're you, from Kansas or something?

Move on, poker will only treat a very few amount of people well. I am thrilled you explained that. I had been so confused before.And so we are clear, I would much rather spend money on rent and have 1000 square feet then get a mortgage to live in 400 square feet. But I guess that is a difference in perspective, as I actually want to have friends over.And to start with success can be measured by not having to go online to rip on people I don't know to feel good about myself. Just think about it, if you had so much going on, why would you waste you time in this manner. You have to be bored, it is the only conclusion.And you can use any of your measures as well and I am quite sure it doesnt change the facts. your not understanding why people pay rent is confusing to me. I know multiple doctors and lawyers (presumably who make more money than you, though I am not certain of that) that pay rent. Are they all unsuccessful. Or is it only poker players who pay rent that have a problem?perhaps your condescending tone (calling someone else 'kid' when you are only 25) reflects a sense of inadequacy or perhaps you just wanted to start an e-argument. if the later is the case, I apologize for obliging. if you actually believe that paying rent makes someone worse of than you, you need a reality check man.I am done arguing, because I feel your opinion will never change and you are entitled to it. Take care. Enjoy your house(s).Jonny G.
Yeah, it makes a lot more sense to spend $200,000 on a rathole on East 375th St. than to pay $800 a month for a beautiful apartment in Brooklyn. You're really smart Rob. What're you, from Kansas or something?
If rent for a beautiful apartment in brooklyn is $800, you should be able to buy a decent place for $250,000. You obviously know NOTHING about real estate. Whatever though, you seem content paying someone else's mortgage.

How about what kind of a person you are? I'd like to take you on in that competition.That is...if you are done looking at yourself in the mirror.Here's a lil quote for you.You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis.Oh, and you aren't anything special by talking **** on a forum.Have fun with your AWESOME life.

HEY WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH KANSAS. YOU OFFENDED ME AND I'LL USE CAPS TO SHOW IT!sw

Pivvy, I am confused as to why you are brining doctors and lawyers to a poker forum. Also, I am quite sure I make more $$ than a lot of lawyers. Realize that many lawyers are forever stuck in the 60-70k dollar range.I am talking about people on THIS forum. The people that have illusions of making it big in poker, all while just getting by or living with parents still. Those are the people Im referring to. Why you would bring up professionals is beyond me. Im sure there are people that are bad with money in every profession. Im referring to the losers grinding it out in poker, never hoping that one day they will have to face reality. It seems many of you are content to just scrape by with your measly poker winnings.

Hey now, no need to go there!!! That's below the belt!!!
If rent for a beautiful apartment in brooklyn is $800, you should be able to buy a decent place for $250,000. You obviously know NOTHING about real estate. Whatever though, you seem content paying someone else's mortgage.
Rent for the whole apartment is not $800, that is my share. And I don't really have an extra $400,000 lying around to buy the place.
Hey now, no need to go there!!! That's below the belt!!!
:club::D I'm just joking, you know, because they don't teach evolution there.
Pivvy, I am confused as to why you are brining doctors and lawyers to a poker forum. Also, I am quite sure I make more $$ than a lot of lawyers. Realize that many lawyers are forever stuck in the 60-70k dollar range.I am talking about people on THIS forum. The people that have illusions of making it big in poker, all while just getting by or living with parents still. Those are the people Im referring to. Why you would bring up professionals is beyond me. Im sure there are people that are bad with money in every profession. Im referring to the losers grinding it out in poker, never hoping that one day they will have to face reality. It seems many of you are content to just scrape by with your measly poker winnings.
you criticized anyone who pays rent, not just people in this forumyou may have intended to just knock them, but you didn't, you said anyone who pays rent; And as an aside, you can look online, I just did, but starting scale for a lawyer in NY at a big firm (or even upper midsize) is in the six figures; not knocking you, but be specificmost people in this forum arent playing to be pros, most play for fun; but either way, your criticism was of renters AND poker players; not just the latter.
How about what kind of a person you are? I'd like to take you on in that competition.That is...if you are done looking at yourself in the mirror.Here's a lil quote for you.You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis.Oh, and you aren't anything special by talking **** on a forum.Have fun with your AWESOME life.
I have a problem with that quote. You are a different person depending on how much $ you have in the bank. I've been poor before, it sucks. Having to put back groceries when you get to the checkout line b/c you can't afford them is something I'll never forget. Money gives you freedom, and with freedom comes happiness. Doing something you dont enjoy, just so you can pay the bills is not freedom, and will not bring happiness to many. Therefore, you are how much money you have in the bank.
Rent for the whole apartment is not $800, that is my share. And I don't really have an extra $400,000 lying around to buy the place. :club::D I'm just joking, you know, because they don't teach evolution there.
I know, I know. Friggin' Kansas education. Also, I find it hillarious that this "big money making, better than all poker players" ****** joins a POKER FORUM to bash on POKER PLAYERS. You sir are a complete waste of time and air. I feel bad for your girlfriend, because obviously by your posts, your hostility towards strangers must be trying to compensate for your tiny penis.
you criticized anyone who pays rent, not just people in this forumyou may have intended to just knock them, but you didn't, you said anyone who pays rent; And as an aside, you can look online, I just did, but starting scale for a lawyer in NY at a big firm (or even upper midsize) is in the six figures; not knocking you, but be specificmost people in this forum arent playing to be pros, most play for fun; but either way, your criticism was of renters AND poker players; not just the latter.
The majority of lawyers dont work at big firms. You have to go to one of the best lawyer schools and graduate at the top of your class before you can work at one of the "big firms."

i own but if i were in the market at this point i would just keep renting because its gonna crash. a half point increase in mortgages and most people with an average priced house are in trouble. renting gives you more freedom too.

I know, I know. Friggin' Kansas education. Also, I find it hillarious that this "big money making, better than all poker players" ****** joins a POKER FORUM to bash on POKER PLAYERS. You sir are a complete waste of time and air. I feel bad for your girlfriend, because obviously by your posts, your hostility towards strangers must be trying to compensate for your tiny penis.
Not true. I joined to ask ?'s about the game, but learned quickly what type of people play this game and their illusions in life.
i own but if i were in the market at this point i would just keep renting because its gonna crash. a half point increase in mortgages and most people with an average priced house are in trouble. renting gives you more freedom too.
Congrats good sir, you have made the dumbest post in this thread. Whats going to crash? :club::D:D The market will level out and the morons who have adjustable rate mortgages may be in trouble, but nothing will crash. People will always be buying houses, always. They were buying houses in the early 80's when % rates were at %13, so why wouldn't they buy now when they are still low. You, sir, are very misinformed.
Not true. I joined to ask ?'s about the game, but learned quickly what type of people play this game and their illusions in life.Congrats good sir, you have made the dumbest post in this thread. Whats going to crash? :club::D:D The market will level out and the morons who have adjustable rate mortgages may be in trouble, but nothing will crash. People will always be buying houses, always. They were buying houses in the early 80's when % rates were at %13, so why wouldn't they buy now when they are still low. You, sir, are very misinformed.
bcak in the 80s, when it was 13% the average house was a little over double the average yearly income. houses are now close to 5 times the average yearly household income. you should get informed.
bcak in the 80s, when it was 13% the average house was a little over double the average yearly income. houses are now close to 5 times the average yearly household income. you should get informed.
Youre just pulling stuff out of your *** now. Most households have 2 incomes, no? Lets say the avg. household income for man and woman is $50,000. You are telling me the avg price for a home is the US is 1/4 million dollars? There are places where it is costly to live, S. Cali, NYC, Miami, Phoeix, but most places you can live just fine in a $125,000. It won't be a mansion, but more than what you need. Also, Im sure most households with 2 incomes are able to pull in more than $25,000/year. If it was 5 time the avg income, noboby could get qualified for a loan, dumbass.
Youre just pulling stuff out of your *** now. Most households have 2 incomes, no? Lets say the avg. household income for man and woman is $50,000. You are telling me the avg price for a home is the US is 1/4 million dollars? There are places where it is costly to live, S. Cali, NYC, Miami, Phoeix, but most places you can live just fine in a $125,000. It won't be a mansion, but more than what you need. Also, Im sure most households with 2 incomes are able to pull in more than $25,000/year. If it was 5 time the avg income, noboby could get qualified for a loan, dumbass.
well you can say your worth a billion dollars but that doesnt mean its true. the average hous in the us is over 375k, just because there are exceptions doesnt mean the average is not 375k, a average combined household income of 75k and you get my 5to1 ratio, basic math. and if you were informed as you say you are explain the expected decline of 2.5% in prices in the first half of this year. inflation from rising gas prices has just started to show up and it isnt gonna get any better. for you to say there is no possible chance of a real estae market crash is ridiculas.

What world are you living in where a normal house is 125k? And also, not everyone here (a lot of people being college students) have 20 grand sitting around for a down payment, not to mention the credit to buy a 200k+ house. So yeah, most people rent when they are young. Or maybe your daddy helped you out?