One Of The Final 2 Tables In Horse

Wow talk about almost a table full of 4000/8000 players and young really strong players:1 - Barry Greenstein2 - Chip Reese3 - Joe Cassidy4 - Patrik Antonius 5 - Rafael Perry6 - David Singer7 - Jim Bechtel8 - Phil Ivey

I have Reese(4th pick), Brunson(14th pick), Ivey(1st pick), Greenstein(8th pick) and Cloutier(20th pick) left from my team in this tourney.

17 hours of poker?? This is a little crazy...the final table can't be later this afternoon, can it? this only benefits guys like Chip, Doyle, and Ivey...the young internet guys have never played this long...

17 hours of poker?? This is a little crazy...the final table can't be later this afternoon, can it? this only benefits guys like Chip, Doyle, and Ivey...the young internet guys have never played this long...
Yes, playing for 24 hours straight really works to the advantage of the 72 year old.

This is in no way meant to slam Mr Negreanu (i enjoy this site, his blogs, his poker theories, etc), but it seems like the final 2 tables are made up of a lot of guys that are hardcore poker guys -- as opposed to guys that mix in a healthy dose of business interests that may distract them a bit.in the end, daniel may very well have more money than all of them, by capitalizing on the business of the boom -- but perhaps in an event like this, the "distractions", if u will, do not serve him as well.

in the end, daniel may very well have more money than all of them, by capitalizing on the business of the boom -- but perhaps in an event like this, the "distractions", if u will, do not serve him as well.
Yeah I'm sure the non-existant distractions of the business side had more of an impact than the horrid cards and bad beats. Poker afterall is entirely about skill which is why we've seen the same 5 guys at the final table of the last 3 WSOP main events. This DN guy must be a complete donkey if he can't win every other 150 person event he enters.

How bout old Doyle man? They probably have a couple employees propping him up with sticks. It's absolutely amazing that this old dude hasn't fallen out yet, he's a champ.

who is rafael perry?
Pro that represented Russia in the Intercontinental Poker Challenge. And this from the Hendon Mob[ Bio | Results | Stats ] 08-May-06 $ 10,000 Championship Event - No Limit Hold'em2006 WSOP Circuit - Caesars Las Vegas, Las Vegas 3rd $ 196,460 08-Oct-05 $ 1,000 No Limit Hold'emBellagio Festa Al Lago IV, Las Vegas 4th $ 27,650 05-May-03 $ 2,500 Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo Split34th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2003, Las Vegas 3rd $ 32,540 27-Apr-03 $ 2,500 Seven Card Stud34th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2003, Las Vegas 8th $ 4,780 02-Apr-03 $ 1,500 Limit Hold'em2003 Bellagio Five-Star World Poker Classic WPT Championship, Las Vegas 18th $ 2,954 20-May-02 $ 10,000 Championship Event33rd World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2002, Las Vegas 3rd $ 550,000 13-May-02 $ 5,000 Pot Limit Omaha33rd World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2002, Las Vegas 11th $ 6,040 21-Apr-02 $ 1,500 Limit Omaha Hi/Lo33rd World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2002, Las Vegas 11th $ 5,740 Apr-02 No Limit Hold'emBellagio's Inaugural No Limit Hold'em Tournament, Las Vegas 8th $ 7,973 22-Jan-02 $ 300 Limit Texas Hold'emThe Third Annual Jack Binion World Poker Open, Tunica 7th $ 3,696 15-Jan-02 $ 500 No Limit Texas Hold'emThe Third Annual Jack Binion World Poker Open, Tunica 11th $ 2,503 21-Sep-01 $ 5,000 No Limit Hold'em Championship Event2001 Four Queens Poker Classic, Las Vegas 3rd $ 25,463 07-Apr-01 $ 1,000 Limit Hold'emThe Second Annual Jack Binion World Poker Open, Tunica 6th $ 4,561 04-Apr-01 $ 500 No Limit Hold'emThe Second Annual Jack Binion World Poker Open, Tunica
Yeah I'm sure the non-existant distractions of the business side had more of an impact than the horrid cards and bad beats. Poker afterall is entirely about skill which is why we've seen the same 5 guys at the final table of the last 3 WSOP main events. This DN guy must be a complete donkey if he can't win every other 150 person event he enters.
not at all the point i was making -- but if sarcasm makes you feel better -- go for it.

If anything distracted him during the tourney, it was probably using his cell phone to text out those stupid updates. Not that it's not a nice gesture, but I know that would distract me if I was trying to remember the details of hands to send back to FCPers.

If anything distracted him during the tourney, it was probably using his cell phone to text out those stupid updates. Not that it's not a nice gesture, but I know that would distract me if I was trying to remember the details of hands to send back to FCPers.
+1

How awesome is this? Chip Reese in first, Doyle in 2nd, Ivey in 4th right now. I think it would just be incredible if Doyle and Chip went heads up for the title.

I agree that the long sessions favor the more experienced. Doyle has been playing sessions like this his whole life and the younger players havnt......