What Kind Of Strategy Is This?

:club: This is just completely weird to me... i know this belongs to the bad beat section but im just wondering what is going through someones mind when they make this kind of call lol... im definitely not complaining... This is more like a praiseI couldnt find the praise section of the forum so im posting here.. First person with a logical explanation winsPokerStars Game #5525708474: Tournament #27931087, $6.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2006/07/11 - 15:22:47 (ET)Table '27931087 1' 9-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 2: PurpleSmooth (1700 in chips) Seat 3: sirmincealot (1790 in chips) Seat 4: goncalves5 (220 in chips) Seat 5: Leonardo21 (1530 in chips) Seat 6: tigerwill21 (4030 in chips) Seat 8: wr80 (2445 in chips) Seat 9: 50gallon bar (1785 in chips) tigerwill21: posts small blind 75wr80: posts big blind 150*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Leonardo21 [6c 6d]50gallon bar: raises 150 to 300PurpleSmooth: folds sirmincealot: folds goncalves5: folds Leonardo21: calls 300tigerwill21: folds wr80: folds *** FLOP *** [7s 9c Th]50gallon bar: bets 150Leonardo21: raises 1080 to 1230 and is all-in50gallon bar: calls 1080*** TURN *** [7s 9c Th] [Td]*** RIVER *** [7s 9c Th Td] [Kc]*** SHOW DOWN ***50gallon bar: shows [5c Ks] (two pair, Kings and Tens)Leonardo21: shows [6c 6d] (two pair, Tens and Sixes)Leonardo21 said, "hhahaha"50gallon bar collected 3285 from pot50gallon bar said, "river"sirmincealot said, "he knew it was coming obv"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3285 | Rake 0 Board [7s 9c Th Td Kc]Seat 2: PurpleSmooth folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: sirmincealot folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: goncalves5 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: Leonardo21 (button) showed [6c 6d] and lost with two pair, Tens and SixesSeat 6: tigerwill21 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 8: wr80 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 9: 50gallon bar showed [5c Ks] and won (3285) with two pair, Kings and Tens :D
:club: This is just completely weird to me... i know this belongs to the bad beat section but im just wondering what is going through someones mind when they make this kind of call lol... im definitely not complaining... This is more like a praiseI couldnt find the praise section of the forum so im posting here.. First person with a logical explanation wins<"BadBeat"/>
Before you can figure out his "strategy", you need to figure out his motivation for playing.The "strategy" will follow from that.Backslider

Q-J check raises all-in there alot in lower buy-in tourney's , maybe it was a bad read ? Not that I would be in a hand with K-5, but the fact that he was playing that hand there should tell you why he was willing to call off his chips with K high.

He obviously thought you were bluffing and was going to call you down with K high and then boast of his amazing read on the poker forum of his choice. He also had his backdoor straight draw to fall back on.

WTF do you want us to say?It's the strategy that allows for there to be winning poker players.
LOL... it doesnt allow me to win... i cant win against these sharks... as you can seeHow do they know its coming?!?!?!

Ummm...which strategy is supposed to be baffling to us? The calling an all-in with no pair, no draw, and one over card? Or is it pushing all in with an under-pair and gutshot against a preflop min-raiser who lead out on a coordinated flop? Either way, it look spretty horrible to me.

Ummm...which strategy is supposed to be baffling to us? The calling an all-in with no pair, no draw, and one over card? Or is it pushing all in with an under-pair and gutshot against a preflop min-raiser who lead out on a coordinated flop? Either way, it look spretty horrible to me.
my 66 was good, i wasnt pushing with a gutshot, i was pushing with the best hand because i knew it was besti know you're not used to making the right callsim sure you get pushed out of hands alot because you dont know when you're winninghe mini raised every potTY for your time and professionally retarded reply

Um, you want him to make calls like that. It's why 90% of the time going into that river, you're going to laugh, say nh, and take your doubled-up stack on to cash in the tourney?Duh.I had some guy go all in on (1/2 NL, 100max...) me w/ 6c6d when i had 10h10s on a board of 9h7h3h....That's right, he was drawing to the 6 of spades... which fell on the turn. I didn't redraw.I was extatic when he did it, but not so extatic w/ his 1 outter.

he mini raised every pot
Doesn't mean he can't have K7 here, which he obviously is capable of calling with as evidenced in this hand.I mean, what can you do against people like your villain or this one in my example, except raise the **** out of your good hands? If you get beat, whatever, there always is a new stt/mtt to start.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB (t3040)BB (t1350)UTG (t3540)UTG+1 (t1060)Hero (t3170)MP2 (t1955)MP3 (t930)CO (t1240)Button (t4965)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Aspade.gif, Aheart.gif. UTG calls t50, 1 fold, Hero raises to t200, 4 folds, SB calls t175, 1 fold, UTG calls t150.Flop: (t650) 8heart.gif, 9club.gif, 4club.gif(3 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets t400, SB calls t400, UTG calls t400.Turn: (t1850) 9spade.gif(3 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets t1500, SB calls t1500, UTG folds.River: (t4850) 5club.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets t1070 (All-In), SB calls t940 (All-In).Final Pot: t6860Results in white below: SB has 6s 4s (two pair, nines and fours). Hero has As Ah (two pair, aces and nines). Outcome: Hero wins t6860. You say yourself you are not winning against this kind of player, so maybe you should think more about your own game, than some moron's reasoning in a certain hand, hm?

Maybe it's what some people call...how you say "bluff"?I realise it wasn't set up properly and, although it failed to push the OP off the hand, this is how many people think a bluff works. The guy got lucky to river the K, which probably made the guy feel like a genius, but we all know better...don't we?

Maybe it's what some people call...how you say "bluff"?I realise it wasn't set up properly and, although it failed to push the OP off the hand, this is how many people think a bluff works. The guy got lucky to river the K, which probably made the guy feel like a genius, but we all know better...don't we?
Yet you're still at it...... :club:
Ah yes.. the very deadly, but often misunderstood, Bluff-Call. Rarely seen in the wild. Count yourself lucky to have witnessed it.BacksliderPS - my original response was serious. You're never going to understand how some people play if you project your own motivations (playing correctly, winning, etc) on to them.
Yet you're still at it...... :club:
Ah yes.. the very deadly, but often misunderstood, Bluff-Call. Rarely seen in the wild. Count yourself lucky to have witnessed it.BacksliderPS - my original response was serious. You're never going to understand how some people play if you project your own motivations (playing correctly, winning, etc) on to them.
Look, mommy, I'm quotable! BTW, I mixed up the OP and the donk. What does that mean?