15 of 45 events completed.Entries: 15,455Prize Pool: $31,585,000 ($2,543,460 withheld)15 bracelets winners took home a total of $7,319,436.+1
WSOP keeps getting bigger and bigger.kinda makes you wonder will there ever be a decline of numbers in the WSOP
and Full Tilt took home 20% of the bracelets (Furst, Vos, and Cunningham) with a close call on Ivey, pretty sick team
Nobody loves FT more than me, but that is not that impressive of a stat considering the amount of pros they have entered and the quality of their players compared to the rest of the field.
WSOP keeps getting bigger and bigger.kinda makes you wonder will there ever be a decline of numbers in the WSOP
I expect a big decline in 4 years...either that or a decline in talent. You decide.
Nooo, it will get biggggger and biggggggggggger every year.War, famine, earthquakes shall not deter her.This forum never ceases to amaze me but your post truly had me laughing.....and crying, please help me.

The Main Event will continue to grow mainly because of online satellites. It is tough to see that slowing down anytime soon. The main Event is more a spectacle than anything else. Poker in general will start to level off, if it hasn't already. The market is becoming oversaturated and will eventually correct itself. Far too many tourneys and there is only so much money in the poker economy to go around. That's not to say it will go back to pre-TV numbers but it will scale back.I am pretty sure ESPN has already seen a decline in their ratings, and as a result are televising fewer preliminary events this year.

The Main Event will continue to grow mainly because of online satellites. It is tough to see that slowing down anytime soon. The main Event is more a spectacle than anything else. Poker in general will start to level off, if it hasn't already. The market is becoming oversaturated and will eventually correct itself. Far too many tourneys and there is only so much money in the poker economy to go around. That's not to say it will go back to pre-TV numbers but it will scale back.I am pretty sure ESPN has already seen a decline in their ratings, and as a result are televising fewer preliminary events this year.
ESPN blows.... they're a total poker sell out now... the past two years they showed excellent coverage of the WSOP... This year, they haven't advertised it one bit... Last year you couldn't go one commercial break w/o seeing a WSOP promo. And with the high # of pros that are winning bracelets, and wacky final tables such as Hellmuth's 10th meltdown, I am very much looking forward to watching the preliminary events....But this year they are showing the ME first, then the prelims.... how gay
But this year they are showing the ME first, then the prelims.... how gay
Yep, pretty weird. I noticed it as well. Let´s sign a petition and send it to them. Something like "We want to watch WSOP in the normal order!!!" Do you suppose they have already decided for themselves that poker is doomed and want to give it less coverage to "restore their image"?As for Full Tilt, does anybody know what was the percentage of the people they sent to WSOP so that we could compare it to the 20% of their winning players...
ESPN blows.... they're a total poker sell out now... the past two years they showed excellent coverage of the WSOP... This year, they haven't advertised it one bit... Last year you couldn't go one commercial break w/o seeing a WSOP promo. And with the high # of pros that are winning bracelets, and wacky final tables such as Hellmuth's 10th meltdown, I am very much looking forward to watching the preliminary events....But this year they are showing the ME first, then the prelims.... how gay
I was there when Hellmuth was at his final table and it did not appear they were filming it for TV, which surprised me being he is a ratings booster and was going for a record tying 10th bracelet. It appeared that only a single camera was filming the action. When Hachem and Dutch were headsup they had more lights and cameras and the monitors overhead were showng the action. None of this was true for Hellmuth's final table. I may be wrong, and probably am, but don't get too excited about seeing that Hellmuth final table on ESPN.

I just saw a commercial that the 2006 WSOP was starting July 18th, are you sure they are starting with ME first? I think you might be confused, or ESPN changed plans or somethingEDIT: I saw a commercial that said the 2006 wsop broadcasts started july 18thDOUBLE EDIT" I think i saw taht commercial :/

I just saw a commercial that the 2006 WSOP was starting July 18th, are you sure they are starting with ME first? I think you might be confused, or ESPN changed plans or somethingEDIT: I saw a commercial that said the 2006 wsop broadcasts started july 18thDOUBLE EDIT" I think i saw taht commercial :/
July 18 - August 15 will be the circuit events. August 22 - September 26 will be the main eventOctober 3+ will be a really pathetic smattering of preliminary hold 'em events (including HORSE ft), and one omaha event.ESPN sucks completely.Backslider